Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-27-2006, 05:16 AM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Hi guys well its that fun time of year again and I was going to bite the bullet and buy a tow dolly to pull the car we had.

Then a funny thing happened to me on the way home from the camp ground over the school vacation week(last week) after getting off of the highway and onto the main city street that we always use there is a small mom and pop car lot Now mind you I am in the Motorhome and Joanne is driving my GMC Denali XL behined me, well we drive by the lot and there is this gray 2000 jeep wrangler sport there.

I just keep driving as over the stay at the campground Joanne and I had talked about getting a dolly because she will be workamping at the campground we stayed at and I will have to drive back and forth to work here at home campground is only 1 hr away so not that bad but wanted to injoy the motor home with both of us in it.

well she had told me that there was no way that we were going to buy another car to tow behind the motorhome 4 down so thats it.

As I am backing the Winne into the drive way of our home she is still sitting in my truck. I finish what I need to do and she calls me over to her and tells me "get in I want to show you something." Again I am dumb to the world and I just thought hey its noon time she want to go out for lunch.

Well she drives over to that car lot and gets out I follow her and she go's right over to the Jeep. She looks it over and then turns to me and ask's "What do you think of this for a toad"
well I almost fell off my feet just 45 min before she told me to drop kick that idea out the window and now she was asking me this question.

Well to make a long story shot one 2000 Nissan Altama later and 2500.00 dollars out of my pocket she drove home in what she told me was her gift to me for are 25 wedding aniver. Mind you thats not till July this year but she gave me.(or should I say she gave her) a 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport with all the goodies but cruse control in it.

Here is the specs
Hard top,30/9.5/15 wheels rock gaurds 6 cyl 3 speed auto sound bar am/fm/cd to name a few color is gray with black top I am going to try to post pictures here but not sure if it will work

Blue Ox tow package is on order and with luck will be here soon so that I can install it.

I know that this is poss not the place to post this but you guys have been the ones that I call friends so wanted to share my good luck with all of you here not in one of the other fourm areas.

Mark

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2006, 05:16 AM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Hi guys well its that fun time of year again and I was going to bite the bullet and buy a tow dolly to pull the car we had.

Then a funny thing happened to me on the way home from the camp ground over the school vacation week(last week) after getting off of the highway and onto the main city street that we always use there is a small mom and pop car lot Now mind you I am in the Motorhome and Joanne is driving my GMC Denali XL behined me, well we drive by the lot and there is this gray 2000 jeep wrangler sport there.

I just keep driving as over the stay at the campground Joanne and I had talked about getting a dolly because she will be workamping at the campground we stayed at and I will have to drive back and forth to work here at home campground is only 1 hr away so not that bad but wanted to injoy the motor home with both of us in it.

well she had told me that there was no way that we were going to buy another car to tow behind the motorhome 4 down so thats it.

As I am backing the Winne into the drive way of our home she is still sitting in my truck. I finish what I need to do and she calls me over to her and tells me "get in I want to show you something." Again I am dumb to the world and I just thought hey its noon time she want to go out for lunch.

Well she drives over to that car lot and gets out I follow her and she go's right over to the Jeep. She looks it over and then turns to me and ask's "What do you think of this for a toad"
well I almost fell off my feet just 45 min before she told me to drop kick that idea out the window and now she was asking me this question.

Well to make a long story shot one 2000 Nissan Altama later and 2500.00 dollars out of my pocket she drove home in what she told me was her gift to me for are 25 wedding aniver. Mind you thats not till July this year but she gave me.(or should I say she gave her) a 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport with all the goodies but cruse control in it.

Here is the specs
Hard top,30/9.5/15 wheels rock gaurds 6 cyl 3 speed auto sound bar am/fm/cd to name a few color is gray with black top I am going to try to post pictures here but not sure if it will work

Blue Ox tow package is on order and with luck will be here soon so that I can install it.

I know that this is poss not the place to post this but you guys have been the ones that I call friends so wanted to share my good luck with all of you here not in one of the other fourm areas.

Mark

Old 04-27-2006, 05:44 AM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
Dear Mrs. Bento,

Congratulations on the smooth, utterly seamless transition into the GMC Denali from your Nissan Altima.
DonavonP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:52 AM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Congrats Mark!!

Figured I'd fix your photos and feature your new arrival in the new rig area as well!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:56 AM   #5

Hey Mark - come on up to Minnesota and let's go four-wheeling

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:00 PM   #6

Great job. I bought my jeep for a toad and wife decides we needed to get rid of mini-van and bought suzuki xl-7 towing 4 down baby.Her choice, a good one.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:11 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey congtats on your 25TH ANNIVERSERY. Were 1 year behind you. I hope my wife buys me one of those next year!
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:10 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Welcome to the ranks of the Jeep Wrangler, I hope you enjoy yours as much as we do.

A note about tires. When your Jeep is due for tires, you might want to consider the BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A. This tire has a true 3 ply sidewall. It has proven to be an excellent tire for both on and off road. Many of us have found that the Goodyear Wranglers that are on your Jeep have a tendancy to wear funny and become noisy if you don't balance and rotate often. My Goodyear dealer told me that I should rotate the tires every 2500 to 4000 miles, in order to maintain even wear, ride and noise. I did not do that and I had those problems with my tires. I have had no such problems with the BF Goodrich tires and do not need to rotate the tires any more often than normal.

Additionally you can go up to 31 inchers without clearance problems and you have the 3 ply sidewall which is a good thing for off-road excursions.

Also, don't forget to wave at other Wrangler drivers.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:53 AM   #9

Hey Mark, The Blue Ox bar is a realatively easy install. I did mine myself ( I have a lift at home) The light wiring is also straight forward. Give a shout if you need some guidance. One note: Getting big tires for the Jeep may throw off your towbar angle by making the Jeep too high. What are you going to use for brakes?

1997 Jeep Wrangler
hotrod 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 06:50 PM   #10

I am sure that you will like the Wrangler. They are a blast to drive and easy to hook up. I have a 3 1/2 inch lift on mine and had no trouble with the Blue Ox. Just make sure the tow bar is level as possible.

2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Bigdog05 is offline   Reply With Quote