Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2014, 09:13 PM   #1

New Rig Problems-Bay Hill

I am new to this site and new to RVing. My husband and I bought a new 2014 Bay Hill by Evergreen in May and our first trip out the awnings broke. They are very cheap and have been nothing but trouble. They unwind while we are driving and ended up in shreds after we had only been on the road a few hours. Today we are getting ready for our second trip and we seem to have an electrical short somewhere. TV and fridge are not working. Oh and did I mention that we had a leak into our pantry on our first trip!? We are very frustrated and unhappy with our purchase. We store our new RV in a covered garage 3 hours from our home and it sure is a lot of trouble to drag it back and forth from Salt Lake City to have repairs done when we have only used it once! Anyone else have this experience with Bay Hill? I have read the other posts regarding new RV's just need to have the buds worked out. Very disheartening....
Alice Jackso is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2014, 10:59 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Did you do any research about the unit you bought before you bought it?
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:03 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club

Glad you're aboard. Yes it seems new coaches and old coaches have their issues. Make your list and take it back for the warranty repairs. Soon those should be behind you and you can enjoy your adventures and be safe.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:04 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Unfortunately, even high end coaches do have problems when new. I know of a Newmar King Aire coach owner (these are $800K+ coaches) that is on his way to the factory for the second time with a long list of problems (he mentioned 34 this trip).

Hang in there. It does get better.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:40 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Sorry to hear of your problems, and agree with the others to get it all fixed under warranty. 3 hours to store it, is a long way. May I suggest maybe a portable storage building. Look on line under "clear span buildings, or Farmtec". Wish you the best!
Rcandvicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:42 AM   #6

I had never heard of the MFR or model. I hope you can get the issues fixed and enjoy it. Good luck
jdoran1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:01 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I hate that you are having that many issues. Best of luck getting them resolved. Hopefully the mfg is a reputable bunch.

On the other hand, welcome to irv2 where there is plenty of friendly banter, and you will always be welcome to join in.
KoolBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:39 AM   #8

Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post

Did you do any research about the unit you bought before you bought it?
Yes, indeed we did extensive research on our unit. An update: we took our unit to the RV facility where we bought it and they took us right in and fixed the problem. We were so appreciative that they did this. Apparently, it was a short due to two wires being too close to each other.
Thanks for your question.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoran1973 View Post
I had never heard of the MFR or model. I hope you can get the issues fixed and enjoy it. Good luck
Bay Hill is made by Evergreen who also makes Telsa, Lifestyle, and Alpha Gold fifth wheels as well as several toy haulers and travel trailers. Overall we are happy with our purchase and have been able to get several issues fixed under warranty. Look onto Bay Hills- they are nice!
Old 08-16-2014, 12:26 AM   #10
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:19 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new rig....

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:50 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Its great the dealership gave you such good support. That really is half the battle in owning a new rig.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote