Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2016, 09:54 AM   #1

New Rig To Be, Thoughts!?!?!

Hey iRV2!

Just look for your 2-cents! Looking at purchasing this 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 34G. It's at the local RV shop getting a check-up and plan on sealing the deal for $47k on Saturday!

A little about the MH: Workhorse Chassis, 8.1L Chevy and 6-speed Allison tranny and only 12,000 miles. Full option list including king bed, large 4-door fridge, satellite, etc. Overall, the coach is in excellent condition with no issues.

Check the pics and comment on what you think! Thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P4130023.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	121699

Name:	P4130045.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	121700

Name:	P4130050.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	121701

Name:	P4130132.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	121702

Name:	P4130048.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	121703

Name:	P4130051.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	121704

Name:	P4130103.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	121705
SDGreenroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2016, 10:03 AM   #2

I recently sold our Bounder. I just have one question for you,.....did you test drive it on a windy day through Cajon Pass (up to Hesperia)? If you didn't,......do it before you sign anything. Just a friendly advice, no harm meant.

Bounder gassers are VERY nice value for the money, ....as long as they stay away from mountain passes.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:04 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Looks great. Bounded is a very popular Motorhome. The WH chassis is very good.

Be sure you do a through PDI and ensure everything works and is fixed by the dealer. Best to have all fixed before final payment and delivery.

How about tires? Check dates to ensure its not still on the originals.

Pros and cons of low miles. I would have all services done. Oil and filter, air filter, inline fuel filter, brake fluid flushed, and maybe transmission fluid.

There is a brake recall on some years of the WH chassis. Check to see if applicable and if so that it's been accomplished.

Enjoy!!!
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:42 AM   #4

Thank you Danielsand and Vsheetz!

- The walk-around has been stellar with no issues
- The tires are original, but show no significant issues
- I'll have to check how often the maintenance has been performed and the last time it was done
- This chassis did have the brake caliper recall. WH still covers it and it'll be completed upon pick-up!

Thank you, anyone else? Thoughts?
Old 03-18-2016, 10:45 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Take a flash light and go through every nook and cranny. Check for water stains, uneven overheads, rusty screws,water in bays,etc. Check lights for discoloration in overhead.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady puffin View Post
Take a flash light and go through every nook and cranny. Check for water stains, uneven overheads, rusty screws,water in bays,etc. Check lights for discoloration in overhead.
Thank you Lady Puffin! I'll pack the headlamp and flashlight, thanks again!
Old 03-18-2016, 12:21 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Looks like you have a nice MH there.

Best of luck with is and Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:32 PM   #8

Thank you Tonydi
Old 03-18-2016, 12:53 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
If they are the original tires from 2006 or 2007 manufacture date I would replace them. When I bought my '05 Motorhome last year it had 2009 manufactured tires I wouldn't buy it unless it had new tires, so dealer replaced them.
10 year old tires would be make me nervous.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking257 View Post
If they are the original tires from 2006 or 2007 manufacture date I would replace them. When I bought my '05 Motorhome last year it had 2009 manufactured tires I wouldn't buy it unless it had new tires, so dealer replaced them.
10 year old tires would be make me nervous.
Thanks for the heads up Viking257, it's a private seller and he is very firm on the price. I'll be replacing them should the deal take place. I still feel like this is a great deal... Any other thoughts out there!?
Old 03-18-2016, 02:34 PM   #11

I think it is a nice looking MH, and appears to be well kept from the photos. The fact that it is in the shop getting a "check up" could go both ways. One there could be something wrong that is being fixed, or two this guy really does take care of it and just wants to make sure everything is top notch before he sells it to you. I would just ask him for the receipt of the work being done, so that you can start from scratch for your future records. That way he won't be offended and you will be able to see what was done.

Have you driven it yet, if not make sure you do and that it drives/handles up to your expectations. Just because the guy took care of it, and is holding firm on his price doesn't mean you can't be picky. $47K is still a lot of money, I'm not sure of the price as I haven't done the research, but you should check the prices before buying and make sure that it is in the ballpark. There are a lot of people who think that because they took excellent care of their MH that they can sell it for more than market value. They can certainly get top dollar, but not over the going market value based on condition. You can always ask if he will take a little less if you are comfortable doing that, the worst he can do is say no.

Good luck and I hope it all works out for you as planned, that is a great looking MH and you will have a great time in it. let us know how it goes.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:44 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
You can go here put in the specs and get a general idea if its in the ballpark.
2007 Bounder Price, 2007 Bounder Values & 2007 Bounder Specs | NADAguides
Old 03-18-2016, 03:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
I think it is a nice looking MH, and appears to be well kept from the photos. The fact that it is in the shop getting a "check up" could go both ways. One there could be something wrong that is being fixed, or two this guy really does take care of it and just wants to make sure everything is top notch before he sells it to you. I would just ask him for the receipt of the work being done, so that you can start from scratch for your future records. That way he won't be offended and you will be able to see what was done.

Have you driven it yet, if not make sure you do and that it drives/handles up to your expectations. Just because the guy took care of it, and is holding firm on his price doesn't mean you can't be picky. $47K is still a lot of money, I'm not sure of the price as I haven't done the research, but you should check the prices before buying and make sure that it is in the ballpark. There are a lot of people who think that because they took excellent care of their MH that they can sell it for more than market value. They can certainly get top dollar, but not over the going market value based on condition. You can always ask if he will take a little less if you are comfortable doing that, the worst he can do is say no.

Good luck and I hope it all works out for you as planned, that is a great looking MH and you will have a great time in it. let us know how it goes.
Mike and Cha - All great information and concerns! The seller had the RV inspected to ensure it was ready to sell to itemize any issues. It needed the electric stairs and generator serviced (which was completed). To the best of both of our knowledge there are no outstanding issues and yes, I plan to request any and all maintenance records

We have somewhat "agreed" on $47K based on what he has told me, however I'm with you, just because it looks good on the outside, doesn't mean the inside is the same. I felt like I had to jump on it because of the value and the fact that it fits our families needs perfectly! The value is at least $15k lower than Nada, however I also realize NADA may be a bit high. The seller is well aware of value and is firm on the price, but we shall see.

I'm heading over now to complete a thorough PDI and I plan to do a drive test on Saturday, thank you!

Keep the info coming everyone, thanks iRV2!
Old 03-18-2016, 03:58 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
If original tires, I would budget for or negotiate for immediate replacement, as they are at least 8 years old and no matter how much tread they have left they will need to be replaced at that age.

Other thing to check might be the roof, I had a friend with a Bounder that had a problem with the roof such that it held standing water when parked level , and eventually this led to water penetration and he had to get part of the roof replaced at cost of a few thousand dollars. But his Bounder was older than the one you are buying.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote