Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:49 PM   #1

New-to-me 2013 Ventana 3434

I've been in read-only mode on these forums for a little while, but thought it was time to say 'hi' and show off a little. This past Saturday I took delivery of my first diesel pusher! What an amazing step up it is from my previous coach ('02 Winnebago Sightseer 30') - so many new things to play with and figure out.

Can't wait to take it out on its shakedown cruise next weekend!

-Brian

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2015, 06:02 PM   #2

Beautiful rig enjoy.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:35 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to irv2 and Congrats on your Newmar.
Below in my signature your will find links to many more for you Newmar and if you follow the directions in this link you can find even more about your coach.
Enjoy the forums and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:53 PM   #4

Great choice & welcome to iRV2 and the Newmar family!

We have a 2011 3433 Ventana and just love it. Ours has 4 slides but is the same length as yours.
traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433!
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:58 PM   #5

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Beautiful coach! Good luck and happy trails.
Bobbo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:01 PM   #6

Congratulations on your new to you Ventana and welcome to the Newmar family. Your coach looks brand new! Hope that you have a wonderful shake down cruise! We just returned from our shakedown cruise...and Had a Blast!

If your profile is up to date (you still list your Winnebago), we are practically neighbors. We live in Poway.

There are many happy memories, yet to be made, in your new Ventana.

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636, Cummins ISB
2014 JKU Wrangler, SMI AF1, Blue Ox Baseplate and Tow Bar
Old 10-09-2015, 11:50 PM   #7

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! And yes, I do need to update my profile. LOL The condition of the coach really does beggar belief for being two years old, especially in person. The original owners took amazing care of it.

Cant wait to head out next weekend! HavingABlast, have you ever camped at the Canyon RV Park up off the 91 in Anaheim? That's where I'm going for the shake-down, and am curious if you've ever heard anything about the park. Sounds like a pretty nice place, but then don't they all on their web sites...?
PantherJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherJeep View Post
HavingABlast, have you ever camped at the Canyon RV Park up off the 91 in Anaheim?

I haven't stayed here. I looked it up on Allstays and RVParky. Both show good reviews. Please write a follow up (or PM me) after you've tried it out.

Not sure what you are looking for in a park...but we stayed at Pechanga RV resort a couple of weeks ago. It is very well maintained and the staff if great.

Enjoy your shake down cruise in that beautiful coach of yours!

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636, Cummins ISB
2014 JKU Wrangler, SMI AF1, Blue Ox Baseplate and Tow Bar
Old 10-13-2015, 12:26 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congrats neighbor! That's a fine looking Ventana you have there.

In regards to Canyon RV, it does look scenic considering that it's right next to the 91 freeway. There are lots of trees and I believe a stream that runs right through it. The last time that I drove by it looked like there was some construction going on nearby. I think they might be extending a bicycle trail/walking trail....not sure.
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:57 PM   #10

nice looking home
Old 10-14-2015, 10:34 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congratulations!! Great looking rig!!
unw1red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:40 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherJeep View Post
I've been in read-only mode on these forums for a little while, but thought it was time to say 'hi' and show off a little. This past Saturday I took delivery of my first diesel pusher! What an amazing step up it is from my previous coach ('02 Winnebago Sightseer 30') - so many new things to play with and figure out.

Can't wait to take it out on its shakedown cruise next weekend!

-Brian
Man, that's a beautiful rig.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:58 AM   #13

Brian,

Welcome to the Newmar family. I've had my 3434 since Dec 2012, and I hope that you enjoy yours as much as we have enjoyed ours. The RV is a perfect length for 2 and we have no plans for getting anything larger.

A few points for you:

1. You may want to check the model and serial numbers on the Frigidaire microwave. Some units have been part of a recall and replacement program. We changed ours to the GE Advantium.
2. If you feel that the ride is harsh, you may want to check your tire pressures. The factory set 120 PSI is beyond the Goodyear tire chart recommendations.

Best of luck.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:24 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lass View Post
Brian,

Welcome to the Newmar family. I've had my 3434 since Dec 2012, and I hope that you enjoy yours as much as we have enjoyed ours. The RV is a perfect length for 2 and we have no plans for getting anything larger.

A few points for you:

1. You may want to check the model and serial numbers on the Frigidaire microwave. Some units have been part of a recall and replacement program. We changed ours to the GE Advantium.
2. If you feel that the ride is harsh, you may want to check your tire pressures. The factory set 120 PSI is beyond the Goodyear tire chart recommendations.

Best of luck.
Thanks for the pointers, lass! Before I bought it I requested its build sheet & warranty records from Newmar, and the warranty notes stated the microwave recall was satisfied by the original selling dealership. That was the first I'd heard of such a recall, and was glad to see it was already taken care of.

As for the ride, I could never call it 'harsh' after having lived with F53 ride "quality" for 7 years. This Ventana rides like a freakin' Rolls Royce compared to my old Sightseer! However, I did check and the tires are right at 120 psi each. I want to get it on a scale to set the tires correctly - for comfort AND safety - but the scales in my area are inconveniently located. The nearest CAT scales are 44 miles away, and the nearest Penske scales are 54 miles. Just gotta make the time to drive to one...

PantherJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent