Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2015, 08:04 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye View Post
Here is the "winter" valve setting for the Precision Temp Hydronic Unit.

Keep warm!

Don
I stand corrected by myself. The photo I posted is the "summer" setting. I am sorry.

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2015, 08:06 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye View Post
I stand corrected by myself. The photo I posted is the "summer" setting. I am sorry.

Don
However, yours may be different. If you read the Precision Temp Manual it will tell you that this valve setting changed around 2007-2009. So, you have my corrected version as I have recently confirmed.

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:24 AM   #31

Thanks!

Thanks folks for the help! I got the precision temp thing figured out, and it seems to be working great. I'm on a month long trip so we're finding all the quirks and trying to figure out all the little details.
I have run into an issue with a dead headlight, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to remove the headlight so I can figure out what I can purchase for replacement. Any tips on getting the headlight out without having to remove the plastic trim, etc?
jbmoberly76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:29 PM   #32

I just replaced my headlights. It's the H9 bulb. You can just pop the "hood" and remove the headlights from the back side.
jpgrocery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:21 PM   #33

thanks again!

thanks jpgrogery for the guidance. I was hesitant to turn the connection at the back without knowing for certain that it was the correct way to remove the headlights. I've got new ones in now, wasn't too difficult other than all the wiring and plastic conduit in the way.
I noticed in another post that you mentioned you had your 4159 for 4 years. have you made any mods or improvements during your time with it? There's still all kinds of little things I stumble across that I just don't quite have all the info on, or don't know how it works, so I may just keep badgering you for info.
We have 5 kids and this is by far the best layout we've found to allow comfortable sleeping and travel for the whole group. We're currently on the last week of a month long trip and it's been a fantastic way to travel.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:17 PM   #34

I am glad you are enjoying your 4159. It is the ultimate large family Motorhome. My wife and I have 4 kids and we are blessed to travel fairly regularly.

We have only done a few "mods" since we owned the coach. The kids favorite is a custom mattress that covers the entire loft area. It is larger than a king! We put our two oldest kids up there and they feel like they are in their own bed. We also put window awnings on the bedroom window. Since we were having a hard time keeping the Motorhome as cool as I would like I had solar screens made for every window. This has dropped the temp in the front of the Motorhome by ten degrees in the summer.

The previous owner was a homeschool family with 4 kids, just like we are, so they had bookshelves built at the Newmar factory. They are behind the two chairs in the living room. They also had curtains made for the bunks which we are very pleased with.

I am sure I have missed something. I will post up when I think of them.

Don't hesitate to ask your questions. I am glad to respond.

Where have you been on this trip?
Old 02-11-2015, 08:46 PM   #35

Cool, we are a homeschooling family too, and we travel quite a bit. In our old Class C, we spent something like 120 nights in the RV the first year.
So far we haven't gotten to do quite as much with this one, but we hope to remedy that in the coming spring and summer.

Our trip: We're currently in New Orleans, moving on to Tyler State Park in Texas tomorrow. We're on the final leg of a trip that went like this:
Slow travel (for us, as we usually do minimum 12-14 hour days if we have a distant destination) to WDW via Dallas, Tx, and Biloxi, MS. Biloxi was beautiful, enjoyed that more than we expected.
then 12 days in WDW at Fort Wilderness, camping with my wife's sister and brother and their families. They each have 5 kids too. So our three sites were pretty busy.
Then we moved on to Key Largo for 3 nights.
One night at Silver Springs State Park, FL
One night near Wakulla Springs State Park, FL
2 nights here in NO (walked and rode the trolley all over creation today)
Tomorrow night in Tyler, TX
Friday night we'll be at some other state park 6 hours down the road (forget what my wife said it was)
Saturday home to Rio Rancho, NM.

the custom mattress is a great idea. We have our two oldest girls and one younger girl sleep on the Queen mattress, sideways but I know they'd appreciate a larger mattress!
My wife commented that some small shelves would fit nicely behind the living room chairs about 30 seconds before I read your post. some bookshelves would come in handy.
Today I took the TV across from the fridge down as we've never used it and don't foresee doing so, and my wife is thrilled with the little bit of extra counter space.
I purchased taller, more standard RV table legs for the dinette, so now it isn't so difficult to get in and out. tabletop is almost too tall now, but makes it feel roomier as it's easier to get in and out of. The table is marginally less wobbly now too.
I made a plywood insert so I could turn the dinette into a bed, and that's worked OK. put it behind the couch for storage. Still can't understand why Newmar or the original owners put in such a bad dinette. The cushions don't fit properly at all. the side bench cushions are too long. the corner wedge shaped cushions are so large that you can't really sit in the corners without feeling like you're sliding off the bench.
On the precision temp, you mentioned having lots of headaches with that. We've had major issues on the short trips we've taken before this big one, and I pushed so the dealership replaced our problematic precision temp unit with a brand new unit, and that's been working fantastic this trip so far, both for hot water and furnace heat. which is nice.
two remaining headaches we've come across on this trip are a dead NAV unit and an ice maker that is now deciding to gradually flood the freezer, seems to develop a slow drip when making ice. Will try to get those figured out when we get home and I have more opportunity to focus.

Oh, I know of a question I have - do you have the bunk DVD players with IR headphones? Is there some trick to making the headphones work with the DVD players? We've got 3 sets of earphones, and I can't get any of them to work.... can't find any paperwork on them either with the manuals.

sorry for the excessively long post, just excited to talk to another 4159 owner who also has a travelling homeschool family!
Old 02-18-2015, 04:08 PM   #36

Sorry for the delayed reply. We do have the bunk DVD players. We haven't had any issue either them not connecting to the headphones.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:30 AM   #37

I have never seen one of these. Looks great. Is the access door in seen on the kitchen floor for engine access?
Old 04-03-2015, 07:03 PM   #38

Yes air
Old 04-03-2015, 07:04 PM   #39

Yes sir
Old 04-06-2015, 03:15 PM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Congrats on the new rig, looks very nice
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags