Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #1

new to us holiday rambler

my wife found this on rvtrader,com. Her message was "i want this" well after 2 phone calls i will hopefully picking it saturday. Its a 2000 holiday rambler vacationer 33ps. Its built on a ford chassis with a v-10 i think. I will be inspecting it saturday and if all goes well i will drive it home 2 weeks before we take it from central pa to the outer banks nc. I dont have any pictures yet but i will post some saturday if all goes well. Is there anyone that can tell me what to expect when working with a dealer? we bought our first motor home last march and that was through a private seller. Here is a the link hopefully it will help 2000 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 33ps, Souderton PA - 110293707 - RVTrader.com any advice will definitely help. Or if this is your motor home that you are selling please let me know and i will give you my number and maybe you could answer a few questions. Thanks
Brian313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Congrats, how about some pictures!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian313 View Post
my wife found this on rvtrader,com. Her message was "i want this" well after 2 phone calls i will hopefully picking it saturday. Its a 2000 holiday rambler vacationer 33ps. Its built on a ford chassis with a v-10 i think. I will be inspecting it saturday and if all goes well i will drive it home 2 weeks before we take it from central pa to the outer banks nc. I dont have any pictures yet but i will post some saturday if all goes well. Is there anyone that can tell me what to expect when working with a dealer? we bought our first motor home last march and that was through a private seller. Here is a the link hopefully it will help 2000 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 33ps, Souderton PA - 110293707 - RVTrader.com any advice will definitely help. Or if this is your motor home that you are selling please let me know and i will give you my number and maybe you could answer a few questions. Thanks
There are a couple if things I personally would do if buying a pre-owned unit.

1- Start the generator as soon as you start inspecting the coach.
2- Turn on the Refer to let it start getting cold
3- Turn on A/C

Those are high dollar items that you really want to make sure work right. Myself I would just let them run while any other discussion goes on, can't hurt right.

Other than that I wish you many many happy camping days to come. Gunna be a great summer....Enjoy
Rusty1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #4

Last yearwhen webought our first one we did check the the fridge, generator, furnace, and ac worked. Did check the water because it was still freezing.

Is it unreasonable to ask the dealer to put water in the holding tank to make sure that the water pump works, water lines are in tact, drains work properly. Does the dealer usually fill the gas tank or is that something that you have to ask them to do?
Old 05-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Last yearwhen webought our first one we did check the the fridge, generator, furnace, and ac worked. Did check the water because it was still freezing.

Is it unreasonable to ask the dealer to put water in the holding tank to make sure that the water pump works, water lines are in tact, drains work properly. Does the dealer usually fill the gas tank or is that something that you have to ask them to do?
Not unreasonable at all. I would insist. Have them plug it in to check all the electrical items too.
RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #6

Take a good TEST DRIVE so many post say I bought xyz and it sways,bounces.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #7

Buying from a dealer

Call the dealer and tell them to turn the ref. on propane two days before you look at it. Look up your NADA value so you have a rough idea of price. If you can pay cash make a lower priced bid. As mentioned test drive on a two laner road and the interstate. Check the tires for the date of manufacture. Crawl under the motorhome and check for rust,holding tanks and general condition.I'm sure this is a lot of money so take several hrs. to check everything. What make of refrigerator? Many problems with ref. fires and recalls. Kick the salesman out and lay on the bed. Envision how you will use the bathroom. Get the VIN number and check for any recalls. Take your c amera/camcorder and a notebook. Don't be afraid to come back another weekend and take a secondlook. Use a used Motorhyome buyers checklist. Report back and those with experience will give you sound advice.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #8

Buying from a dealer

Looked over the ad again. I see the vin # is listed. Check for any recalls. I see where you are able to send the seller a message. Ask him why they are selling the unit? You might get an honest answer. See if any RV mechanic can check the unit out for you. Other than the dealer. Looks like a beauty,hope this as is unit works for you.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Looks nice, dinette is in the right spot for our choice. Always nice to sit and drink coffee in the morning looking at your campsite instead of the neighbors. Jim
Old 05-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #10
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Looks in nice shape at a reasonable price.

I looked at one of these as a first RV and found it a little weak going up hill. Make sure your test drive includes climbing a grade so you know what you have.
Follow the others advise above as well.
Welcome to the world of RVing no matter what your choice.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #11

Will I went and looked at the coach today. 3 hours to get there 3 hours there and 4 hours to get home ugh. Everything checked out good everything works but there is a few minor things that will be fix before next Saturday when we sign the papers and bring it home. The slide won't go in when you try to bring it in the one side tires and the other side doesn't move. That was to be fixed when someone bought it. There was only 2 other things that I found one was the pad and both Springs were missing and 2 of the basement storage door handles were broke. Other than that is in really good shape. They are going to have that fixed and the gas and propane tanks filled. This is a huge upgrade from our 95 georgie boy pursuit. It will have a 150 mile drive home to get all packed up and then it's off to Cape Hatteras koa on May 25. I did get some pictures of the inside that I will try and post tomorrow. Thank you everyone for all the advice I really appreciate all your knowledge. I know 25k isn't a lot for a coach but it's enough for me right now.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #12

Quote:
Will I went and looked at the coach today. 3 hours to get there 3 hours there and 4 hours to get home ugh. Everything checked out good everything works but there is a few minor things that will be fix before next Saturday when we sign the papers and bring it home. The slide won't go in when you try to bring it in the one side tires and the other side doesn't move. That was to be fixed when someone bought it. There was only 2 other things that I found one was the pad and both Springs were missing and 2 of the basement storage door handles were broke. Other than that is in really good shape. They are going to have that fixed and the gas and propane tanks filled. This is a huge upgrade from our 95 georgie boy pursuit. It will have a 150 mile drive home to get all packed up and then it's off to Cape Hatteras koa on May 25. I did get some pictures of the inside that I will try and post tomorrow. Thank you everyone for all the advice I really appreciate all your knowledge. I know 25k isn't a lot for a coach but it's enough for me right now.
Sorry about the off thread post. But im lookingfor the H R owners forum... HELP HELP HELP Thanks
Old 05-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty1233 View Post

Sorry about the off thread post. But im lookingfor the H R owners forum... HELP HELP HELP Thanks
Here on the irv2 forums the HR coaches are part of the Monaco group. One of the most active and best run of all the owner clubs is here:

http://www.ramblinpushers.org/
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post

Here on the irv2 forums the HR coaches are part of the Monaco group. One of the most active and best run of all the owner clubs is here:

http://www.ramblinpushers.org/
Thank you I will try that. Does it also have a sub forum for Gassers ? I am looking for info on 2011 - 2014 Vacationers ?

Thinking about the 2014 Vacationer se 32 WBD