Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:02 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
I think I read somewhere that they changed the gear ratio on the '08 to 373 from the 410 on the automatic transmission versions. I suspect this was to attempt to get better fuel mileage. I have almost 10000 driving miles and another 9000 towed miles on my '07 and I really like it. I had a '87 and a '06 Wrangler and this new version blows away the older models. I took a test drive when they came out and traded my '06 in for the '07 almost the same day.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2008, 12:00 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Does my feeble memory serve me right? I thought if one purchased the tow package on the 2007 it came with a 410 gear ratio? Does the reinforced stiching on the rag top make less wind noise I dont like the reminder thingy anyway and I was a couple months too early to get the lifetime warrenty.

2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:32 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
I pulled out the window sticker for my '07 Wrangler and it stated that the 410 gear was included with the automatic transmission package which included:4 speed automatic transmission, transmission skid plate, and 410 axle ratio. I do not have the towing package so I don't know if it was included with that package or not. I did read that the standard axle ratio was 321 which I think is way too high for a Jeep especially if larger tires are added at some time. Higher gears would take all the torque away.

And yes to your second question. The extra stitching is reported to have lowered the wind noise on the soft tops.

With this Jeep, the days of soft tops are over, had them on the last two Jeeps. The new Jeep is real quiet with the Freedom Hard Top. When I want to go "topless", I ride my Harley.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:12 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
I have the tow package on my 07 and it did include the skid plate on the tranny and the 410 ratio. I took the Jeep to Silver Lake Sand Dune ORV Park in Michigan last year and in chatting with a owner of a Jeep rental place he said that there should be a skid plate under something else if one was gonna do a lot of off roading, especially some rock climbing. I think it (the something else) was a unit that recovers fuel vapors or something. He custom made the skid plates and applied for a patent and mentioned the Jeep people were interested in it. He went on to say that on one of his rental rubicons (2007) he hit something and mud and water eventuall got into the fuel injection system. Jeep didnt cover the total cost to fix it either. I had him install one of them on my Jeep.

2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote