Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #29

Open Range RV Owners Forum - Powered by ForumCo.com - The Forum Company
Sorry about that....if this one doesn't work for you Google 'open range owners forum' and you can get to the site from there.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #30

As far as some of these folks saying that OR hasn't worked with them...we didn't find that at all. We had just a few cosmetic problems that was taken care of very nicely at the plant in Indiana. We went there because we just wanted to check the place out. The service people there were great.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #31

Thor Owners Club
Beverly,

If I was looking for info on a product I would go ahead and post it under 5th wheel forum and see what comes up...this thread is under "new rig show off" and is probally not viewed as much for an opinion on helping someone "looking" for a new 5th wheel.

Tracy
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #32

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
If the one positive reply you are referring to was #20 please bear in mind that was a one time poster who has not returned since that one and only post was made.

While being a one post member is in itself not bad I'm suggesting in this case that you weigh that post against other posts made in this thread and proceed accordingly.

This is my personal opinion I posted and not that of iRV2.
I did only make one post because I said what I needed to say. If this is somehow referring that I might be associated with Open Range this is not the case. I simply posted because it think it is quite unfair to put a label on a manufacturer because of a single individuals problem which seem at this point to be more dealer related.

The correct link for the Open Range Forum is:

Open Range RV Owners Forum - Powered by ForumCo.com - The Forum Company

While I sympathize with the issues trigsortreak has experienced and sincerely hope he gets them resolved I wanted to make a point that often in these forums people post the problems they experience in hope of getting advice and help on their issues. The majority of owners that are happy with their product will never post on a forum. There are going to be people who have an issue with a Cadillac and will turn to a forum for help. Does this mean Cadillac builds a bad product? No. To the affected buyer it might mean they will never buy another Cadillac but there are probably many more happy owners out there than the owners who have had issues.

Paul
Old 03-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #33
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punks385RLS View Post
I did only make one post because I said what I needed to say. If this is somehow referring that I might be associated with Open Range this is not the case.
I as an individual went out on very thin ice in warm weather when I posted that because I have seen over the years that first time posters on many forums put in their very differing opinions on a given subject only to never return again.

No disrespect was meant to anyone which is actually everyone as we have all had to start as a #1 poster.

I'm only to well aware that negative situations get more air time and last longer in their presentations than do the most likely more substantial in numbers positive happening that seem to go unnoticed.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #34

Thor Owners Club
Beverly,

Just FYI there is a thread in 5th wheelers titled "open Range RV" that has several people that have open ranges and love them...if it were me I would pm some of the people and check it out.

Tracy
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #35

Thanks for this information about the Open Range thread under 5th wheels. I will check it out. Your suggestion to contact some owners by private email is very good. I had not thought of that.

Also, thanks for the correct address to the Open Range Forum. I have been able to get on successfully and have now read most of the posts on that forum.

Beverly
Old 03-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #36

Hi Beverly,

I agree with those members who are saying that only the bad issues get the press. But having said that, this is a major investment for most people and if you are seriously looking at purchasing an Open Range RV then you need to know not only the good, but also the bad.

The issues we have had with our Open Rage 5th Wheel were not cosmetic they were major repairs from leaky windows, faulty circuit boards to the potentially disastrous black tanks issues I mentioned previously. If Open Range had stepped up immediately and rectified all these issues without question, perhaps our feelings towards the manufacturer would be different. But instead of standing behind their product Open Range never once paid the full price of any of the repairs, always claiming that they could have got the part cheaper or what ever excuse they could come up with. When you are stuck in the middle of nowhere without heating because of a faulty circuit board, in a trailer that was three months old, you donít have much choice in what you pay.

Had there been a forum like this we may have reconsidered our purchase, but either way it would have been nice to know what we were getting into.

Shannon
Old 03-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #37

Thanks for all these replies. I am thankful to have a forum such as this to weigh pros and cons. When we bought one of our previous motor homes, I can tell you for sure we would not have bought it if I had known there was an internet forum about the brand. When I did get on and read about problems, I was shocked. We had so many issues with it (many of the same problems were discussed on the forum) that we gave up and traded it off (at a large loss) after 2 1/2 yrs. So, these forums are a BIG help in decision making!

I know that all RV's have their problems, but there are definitely some worse than others. Thanks again for ALL replies.

Beverly
Old 03-24-2011, 07:13 PM   #38

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Yes, with any RV purchase the good and bad issues give other RVers ideas what to look out for if thinking about buying that brand or watching those same issues on their own unit.....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:28 PM   #39

Cool New Open Range 392BHS Problems as well...

I just bought my first New Camping Trailer and it has been a nightmare as well. However Open Range and my dealer have not stopped working with us as of yet. Let me just share some problems that we have had with our Open Range. First after the walk through we went to hookup to the truck and noticed that the jacks would not fully retract due to the battery-box hanging to low from the front of the trailer. (this was later fixed by my dealer), Then after inspecting the trailer further once we got it home we noticed that one of the cables on the main livingroom slide was broken. When we took it back to get those things fixed we had a satellite system installed. When we returned to pick up the trailer we find out that the TV bracket that was installed from the factory fell out and let the TV fall to the floor and scratched the cabinets on the way down. Now after pulling my camper home from NASCAR this weekend we looked back in mirror only to see a piece of the underpinnig flopping in the wind. I pulled over and took a look and low and behold the whole piece was held on with 4 short self-tapping screws into 4 soft pieces of flimsy aluminum all of which now are missing. Looks like I am headed back to the dealer again this week at 125.00 in diesel round trip each time. I have pulled this camper out 3 times and have yet to have a problem free trip. I will keep you guys posted on how the dealer and manufacturer continue to work with me.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:39 PM   #40

Open Range 2010 Disaster
You know this is a very sad situation Here, We bought our OR last Christmas Top of the Line Brand New. Pretty Pricey even with a trade in. Their were over 20 things wrong with the RV. Infact we are taking it down to Tulsa this Sunday to have them fix the imperfection. I just feel that when a person spends that much money on a product the Company should stand behind their workmanship.
The Biggest Problem with this RV is this: It is such a beautiful RV in every way.
It pulls wonderful with our One Ton Ram dually. The Biggest Problem with Open Range RV's is: they need a qualified inspector before the RV ever leaves the Company. The workman ship we found was very shoddy, Seams not fitting, tear in wall paper panel, Window paint scratch/mared by tools during workmanship. Cabinet door damaged, table, refrigerater door dented. Curtain rod hung at angle.
etc. The bracket that hold the bunkbeds were not even smooth down and left sharp and dangerous for kids. Now with all of this and being very disappointed in the workmanship of this RV.........we are beginning to wonder if we too bought a lemon. So sad, such a beautiful RV, and such poor workmanship.
C
Old 04-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #41

You live and learn, if we ever buy another RV, it won't get paid for until we have completely go over it not once but five times to check it out and I would suggest anyone interested in buying any RV to do the same before you make the final purchase.
C
Old 04-16-2011, 07:45 PM   #42

Yep, we have not had that problem yet and this is our first trip back to Tulsa, I just hope we do not have anymore, especially with the price of diesel. I wish you good luck.

Tags
heartland