Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #43

That right Sharron, I think things like this need to be posted to let others know what to look for i.e. to problems with any RV especially a new RV. For myself this was a big decission for us, and a big investment as well, as we are both retired. It's a bit scary to look at the poor workmanship and feel unhappy. I ask them to replace the table and they told me NO! so I am going to tell the women at the place we bought it from "Look if you bought a brand new home would you settle for damaged goods?" She probably wouldn't and the majority of the people here wouldn't either. So I think with any RV you need to really weigh out the pro's and con's and not do a final purchase until you are happy as the new owner. I.E. making sure everything works properly.
C.
Cartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2011, 06:55 PM   #44

See Beverly, this is very scary, I so hope we do not end up doing the same thing with our as well.
C
Old 08-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #45

i have read enough, OR is off my list, Artic Fox back on top.....
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #46

We took our OR in to the dealership, Almost everything that we wanted done was done, Except for the outside paint job, by the time we got home we parked it and ran the air conditioner, I am talking 110 day, we have had over 25 days of hot weather. It took most of the afternoon for it to really cool things down. But it did a great job...so far I have been satisfied with the work that was done on it. They did replace the table top. LOL the only thing is when I lifted the cabinet door the hinge came apart...which will need fixed.
One of the guys from OR did call me and I did tell him that I was quite unhappy with the detail work, that is was a beautiful trailor but workmanship was not what I expected. So far everything is running well, and it pulls like a dream, you hardly know it is back behind the truck. My other comment is this. When you buy the open range bunk fifth wheel, make sure that you get the air conditioning unit in the back room. It does cool off but takes awhile.
We have air conditioning in the master bedroom and living/kitchen area. We will give you more updates, as we plan on taking it to Ohio in Sept.
C.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #47

Open Range RV Issues !

I bought my 2011 340FLR Journeyer to live in since I'm on the road 90% of the year. I am having the same issues with water lines all through out the camper came home to a fully flooded camper, the refrigerator went out, wall panels bowed out, jack burned out, running lights didn't work and the technician told me while he was working on it, the heater stopped working. I'm waiting now to hear back from Open Range to see if they are going to trade mine out for another one. I have owned it since June 24 2011 and only have gotten to use it 6 weeks in total! It now being February 2012 and having to pay on a camper and hotel rooms is getting a bit frustrating! I haven't got my list of everything my dealer has fixed yet but it is getting pretty long! I hope I have a happy ending to this story but that will be up to Open Range!

Dusty
DustyTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:57 AM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyTech View Post
I bought my 2011 340FLR Journeyer to live in since I'm on the road 90% of the year. I am having the same issues with water lines all through out the camper came home to a fully flooded camper, the refrigerator went out, wall panels bowed out, jack burned out, running lights didn't work and the technician told me while he was working on it, the heater stopped working. I'm waiting now to hear back from Open Range to see if they are going to trade mine out for another one. I have owned it since June 24 2011 and only have gotten to use it 6 weeks in total! It now being February 2012 and having to pay on a camper and hotel rooms is getting a bit frustrating! I haven't got my list of everything my dealer has fixed yet but it is getting pretty long! I hope I have a happy ending to this story but that will be up to Open Range!

Dusty
Howdy Dusty and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your problems with the OR and I hope they will step up to the plate and fix it to your satisfaction. Please post again to keep us updated.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #49

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by resqguy View Post
Heartland. Great company and product. We just traded ours on a Journey MH but we enjoyed it for 3 flawless years.
A friend just traded his Heartland because it was full of mold from water leaks. They all can have issues.
We looked at the Rolling Thunder line and I liked the layout but quality was an issues and the salesman was awful. We ran, ended up with a used Titanium
soundman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #50

"its 10-year warrantied cabinet doors"

Doesn't say anything about the hinges and latches.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
"its 10-year warrantied cabinet doors"

Doesn't say anything about the hinges and latches.
But...the doors are great!!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #52

Unfortunately, things like this gives Open Range a bad name, and they should take notice about the many complaints, but as all travel homes go, I am sure they all have their problems. We felt the same way when we brought our Open Range home, we saw things that we did not see at Camperland, until we did get home, but we have been happy with the service that we did receive, so far and they did listen to our complaints well. We liked the Open Range because it was lighter in weight to pull, not so heavy as many fifers are. So your not going to expect wall to wall wood interiors, but light wt. molded material. I do want to mention here that I would prefer better built kitchen chairs, I do have to agree they are very flimsy and would not hold a hefty man, or women very well. It's a young Company and they will learn, at least I hope they will, I believe they should look and listen to the complaints,as well. But so far we like ours after all the kinks got worked out. And yes the residential are made to travel.
Cartist
Old 04-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #53

Fleetwood Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for sharing folks...I will not even look at this manufacturers product......5th wheel / forrest river seems to have a good rep ..also I just traded in a great alpine on a class A....run don't walk away from that rv....best of luck!!! jim
jponyboyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #54

We have owned two Open Ranges. We loved the first one (393RLS), but traded after a year to get more space for snow birding. We changed to a Residential 412RSS and absolutely love it. We have had no major problems with either unit, and had fantastic cooperation with the factory on a few items. We've owned eight different rv's before these two Open Ranges and wouldn't go back to any of them. Just remember there is no perfect rv - every unit will have small problems. And we found that great customer support from our dealer and the Open Range factory have handled them all with no hassles.
ibblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #55

Look a Redwood residential units... Redwood Residential Vehicles
Stevea1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #56

We put over 50000 miles in 6 seasons on our 2006 Keystone Everest TS295 without any significant issues. Last year was over 10K miles to Alaska. Still no problems. It looked and performed great when we recently traded it for a Winnebago Journey Express.
Ontheloose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland