Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #1

Angry Open Range 2010 Disaster

Hi Folks,
New to the forum world. It's about time to let everyone know about this manufacturer, OPEN RANGE, If it sounds great, RUN...I have had RV's before, but this one takes home the booby prize. I bought a 2010 335BHS, since the day of delivery it's been a nightmare. Still 6 months later still replacing cheap parts that have problem. Buyer Beware!
trigsortreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Welcome to the forum ... sorry you are having a bad RV experience. Open Range is one I have never heard of...
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Open Range RV - A Whole New Range of Fifth Wheels and Travel Trailers
Well they do exist and the web brochure looks impressive at first glance but you never know.
Hi trigsortreat welcome to IRV forums, very friendly group of members here. Sorry to hear you are having problems with your new RV, that's not the way it's supposed to be. Kind of hard to find enjoyment when your having problems.
Hopefully it will all work out for you and you get to enjoy your rig.
Cheers
Willey
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Our local dealer started carrying them when they were first launched about 2 years ago. They were marketing them as a higher end 5er line. I think the dealership was getting rid of the Keystone Cedercreek line of 5ers replacing it with the Open Range line. They said it was a brand new manufactorer from the ground up. They just didn't hit me. I thought they were a little pricey for the features offered.

Trig... what kind of things were sub-standard?
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #5

Hi Everyone, I have to tell you that when you buy an RV and want to spend time traveling, you should try it all out first. When my rig was delivered, all of the water hoses behind the utility panel were not tightened properly. The whole bottom inside the storage area flooded. They had to replace the floorboard and carpet. Then a couple of months ago the 15 volt converter went out.
I wanted to get something mid-range and also looked good. It was to good to be true. Working with the warantee managers is impossible. They do not want to own up to a cheap product, if things go wrong. This wouldn't be a issue if they would stand up to their product and work with us as new owners.
trigsortreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #6

keep us posted bc we too were looking at open range looked nice but yes $$$ high side. we went with a close to new as u can get and be used keystone copper canyon. only prob so far is the gas that wont stay lit. trying to fix that now. other than that love it
TEX-CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigsortreat View Post
Hi Folks,
New to the forum world. It's about time to let everyone know about this manufacturer, OPEN RANGE, If it sounds great, RUN...I have had RV's before, but this one takes home the booby prize. I bought a 2010 335BHS, since the day of delivery it's been a nightmare. Still 6 months later still replacing cheap parts that have problem. Buyer Beware!
what happened did the shower leak outside, were your slides all wrong, was your hot water switched, does your unit not cool well, shall I go on? come join me on Face book rvgirl@sbcglobal.net
rvgirl337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:34 PM   #8

I also have to warn anyone that is interested in buying an Open Range product. My husband and I researched our purchase for two years and we were really impressed with the brochure and what they claim to have as standard features. We kept coming back to Open Range because I loved the look of the interior and my husband was impressed with the rest. Open Range is extremely difficult to deal with for after purchase issues, warranty or otherwise. It has been an expensive nightmare for us and now we are back spending our weekends looking at 5th wheels.

Any recommendations out there?
Love to RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:43 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We looked at one and once you get past the pretty glitz, it was not so impressive, especially for the price. I hope they get their act together.

Best of luck getting the problems fixed.

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Any recommendations out there?
Heartland. Great company and product. We just traded ours on a Journey MH but we enjoyed it for 3 flawless years.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:42 AM   #11

Excek 5th wheels

Hello I would lQQk at the Excel line of 5th wheels made by Peterson I bought one 2008 great after sales service by Jack . After 40 years making them they get it right they are high end also.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #12

Pond Piggies Club
We love our Carriage Cameo 5th wheel. We shopped around for a couple of years before we found just what we wanted. Worth the wait.
CameoCruzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #13

Did you try talking with the district manager you can get his name from your dealership. I had problems with openrange warrenty dept and the district manager for sales from general rv in michigan took care of it quick. Might help
Rich-Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:32 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hope this helps....How do I remove the oven door on my gas range?
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland