Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2014, 10:14 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you 007. You have already been more help than you can imagine.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2014, 07:28 AM   #16

[QUOTE=Scottybdivin;2347939][QUOTE=bullheaded;2347791]Just had to post this ...since most folks don't know what you dive for...glad your service wasn't needed on this pass.....must have been something to see.
Quote:

Yes but they kept us plenty busy at the Finals in Phoenix last month.

Thanks to all. We are very excited. We wanted to take possession this weekend since we are shutting down all of next week, and it would give me time to shake it down and camp near the dealer. The windshield is the hold up. It will be painful to wait.

Bullhead, as exciting as these Top Fuel Hydros are now, when you put it in context, it still pales in comparison to Eddie Hill's 229 mph run in the Texan 30 years ago. I can't remember if you told me you were a part of his boat racing days or if you came on later during his asphalt career. 229 MPH in an open cockpit with a blown fuel (Nitro Methane) engine sitting mere inches behind his back. That will never be duplicated.
Scotty, I was driving a twin-turbo TX-19 Youngblood when I met Ed...then in 87 we sponsored and I painted the TEXAN TFD...spent about 10 years as fly-in help. What GREAT times those were! I'm sure your excited to get the new toy.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
[QUOTE=bullheaded;2348918][QUOTE=Scottybdivin;2347939]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
Just had to post this ...since most folks don't know what you dive for...glad your service wasn't needed on this pass.....must have been something to see.

Scotty, I was driving a twin-turbo TX-19 Youngblood when I met Ed...then in 87 we sponsored and I painted the TEXAN TFD...spent about 10 years as fly-in help. What GREAT times those were! I'm sure your excited to get the new toy.
I forgot about your TX-19. You said it was for sale. One thing I have learned about boat racing, "If you want to make a little money, start out with a lot of money, and you will end up with little money" I bet you have heard that before, and it applies to more than just boat racing.

I got all the oil samples back and all is "Normal". I didn't pull one from the differential. All systems have been checked by the dealer and I intend to do a very thorough PPI, no matter how long it takes. There are a couple fogged windows that will be replaced, but they have to be ordered and it could take a few weeks. I will have that in writing. I have received some good info from Roger at the Hydronic Heater Forum, of things to check out and look for. Any other big ticket items I should pay special attention.

I am anticipating a few technology things to be outdated like TV's entertainment, cables, and NAV system. This was to be expected on a 8 YO model. I will slowly bring it up to current standards.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Here's one more with Spirit of Texas. BTW, they won the championship this year. I was 1st diver in.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Very Nice!!! Have a great time with that beauty!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 06:31 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
Here's one more with Spirit of Texas. BTW, they won the championship this year. I was 1st diver in.

That could have been a lot worse for sure. Safety Safari on water...you guys are great! Looks like the Marble Falls bridge in the back ground. BTW....Jordan that Richard fired from Gas Monkey Garage now on Misfit Garage bought the Youngblood for his dad last year and it's back on the water. Take care Scotty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Youngblood.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	81405  
Old 12-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post

This was NOTHING!!! I'm sitting here watching Firebird that I had recorded earlier....You guys were busy especially, with the Flats...WOW!

And a fuel JET winning alcohol flat.....crazy!
Old 12-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
This was NOTHING!!! I'm sitting here watching Firebird that I had recorded earlier....You guys were busy especially, with the Flats...WOW!

And a fuel JET winning alcohol flat.....crazy!
Yes, we were very busy. I think I spent more time in firebird Lake than in the previous 15 years. Our staging dock looked like a used capsule lot. There are a couple more coming during eliminations(I won't spoil it for you). It was the most crashes in one race since 1999.

Here is some of the carnage from qualifying. It's what left of the TFH and the Fuel Jet. We didn't find the capsule of the fuel boat until the next day. Good thing Glen popped up to the surface. You can see our rigs in the background.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0173.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	81449  
Old 12-23-2014, 05:20 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
We got confirmation today that we are going to take delivery on Friday 26th. They installed the Samsung and new windshield today. I have my 7 page checklist and my instructions from Roger over at RV Hydronic Heater Forum. I intend to flip every switch and turn every knob.

We are towing our 5th wheel up there (5 hours) on Christmas Day to avoid all the traffic the day afetr Christmas. We have reservations for Thu - Sat nights at a park about 5 miles away from the dealer. We will stay in the 5th wheel Thu night and in the MADP on Fri and Sat nights. I want to thank everybody that has offered their wisdom and encouragement through this learning process.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:25 PM   #24

Woo how! Congratulations Scott what a great Christmas present! Merry Christmas to you and yours as well
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a