Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2014, 05:47 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Our 2014 Winnebago Vista 35B

Just completed a 2000 mile 'shake down' cruise today. Visited Nashville and Memphis, TN. Used I-81 from Harrisburg, PA down to I-40 in TN. The hills in VA and north east TN proved to be nothing for the Vista to handle. I'm impressed with the V-10 and the electronic gearing change(tow/haul mode) within the tranny. This rig has it all. Every option available for this model is in it. We love this rig.

[/URL][/IMG]

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2014, 05:05 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Congrats and welcome to the Winnebago family...

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:21 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Congrats on the new coach. Not sure if it's just me, but the pics did not come through.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:19 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medico View Post
Congrats on the new coach. Not sure if it's just me, but the pics did not come through.
No the pics didn't come through. Attempted to upload them via Photo Bucket, but it didn't work.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Weldor View Post
No the pics didn't come through. Attempted to upload them via Photo Bucket, but it didn't work.
Look on the right side for "Share Links". I used direct.

IT camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:43 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT camper View Post
Look on the right side for "Share Links". I used direct.

Thanks
Old 11-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Weldor View Post
Just completed a 2000 mile 'shake down' cruise today. Visited Nashville and Memphis, TN. Used I-81 from Harrisburg, PA down to I-40 in TN. The hills in VA and north east TN proved to be nothing for the Vista to handle. I'm impressed with the V-10 and the electronic gearing change(tow/haul mode) within the tranny. This rig has it all. Every option available for this model is in it. We love this rig.

[/URL][/IMG]

Welcome & congrats!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/735629463187747/
JimGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:59 AM   #8

Congrats on your new unit. Looks beautiful. We just picked up a 2015 Vista 35f
. No big trips yet but have Fort Wilderness booked for early spring with kids and grandkids.
jfskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:11 AM   #9

I know this thread is a couple months old, but we recently picked up a new 2014 Vista 35B as well. Got home last week from our first trip....16 nights down to Florida to spend Christmas at Fort Wilderness. We previously had a 2007 Itasca Sunova 35J bunk model (which we loved)....the changes in the chassis were remarkable to me. I don't know if it is simply the change from 19.5" Goodyears to 22.5" Michelins, or if there were other changes, but the ride was so smooth. I think Winnie might be doing a better job insulating the engine noise from the cabin too, as it was quite a bit quieter than the 2007. I'm very happy and hope you are too!

5 Girls (19, 17, 14, 9 and 7)
Dave in TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:57 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Beautiful rig and where is the cg?
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:47 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in TN View Post
I know this thread is a couple months old, but we recently picked up a new 2014 Vista 35B as well. Got home last week from our first trip....16 nights down to Florida to spend Christmas at Fort Wilderness. We previously had a 2007 Itasca Sunova 35J bunk model (which we loved)....the changes in the chassis were remarkable to me. I don't know if it is simply the change from 19.5" Goodyears to 22.5" Michelins, or if there were other changes, but the ride was so smooth. I think Winnie might be doing a better job insulating the engine noise from the cabin too, as it was quite a bit quieter than the 2007. I'm very happy and hope you are too!
Dave, I also found the 22.5 tires did a great job of providing a better ride AND handling. The only time the engine noise 'bothered' me was when we were climbing. But then, any front engine MH will do that. Yup, we're VERY HAPPY with our rig. Can't wait for the weather to break to use it some more.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:52 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Beautiful rig and where is the cg?
It's Anchor Down RV Resort on Douglas Lake, TN. Located at Dandridge, TN.

We were traveling back to PA from Memphis and stumbled on the place. Glad we did. One of the nicest CG's we've ever stayed at. The owner is really down to earth. He's a developer and bought this property to build some high end homes, then the market crashed. Soooooo, he decided to build this RV Resort. He did it RIGHT.

Here's a link to their site: New RV Resort, Breathtaking Views, Fireplaces, BathHouse, STAY WITH US

If we get that way again, we will definitely stay there.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:04 PM   #13

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congrats on the 35B it looks great!!!!!
We love ours and can't wait for the snow to melt. I did add a rear track bar to mine which made the thing handle like a dream. Absolutely no push when it is windy or a big rig passes us by now.
We will wave to you as we pass by Harrisburg on our way to Myrtle Beach this April!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HerbZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:37 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbZilla View Post
Congrats on the 35B it looks great!!!!!
We love ours and can't wait for the snow to melt. I did add a rear track bar to mine which made the thing handle like a dream. Absolutely no push when it is windy or a big rig passes us by now.
We will wave to you as we pass by Harrisburg on our way to Myrtle Beach this April!!!!
Thanks for the post. If you travel down I-81 you'll be passing very near us. We live just off Exit 77. We also are going to Myrtle Beach in July. We stay at Ocean Lakes. I know where you live as I was on Recruiting Duty in Kingston and lived in Mt Marion. Have a great year with your 'Winnie'.

Tags
winnebago