Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #1

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our 4th TT, but the first time we camped...DON'T ASK!

Here's a couple of snaps of our new Coachmen TT at our very 1st camping trip. Weather was horrible, but we had a BLAST!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Truck and TTs.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	3995   Click image for larger version

Name:	Truck and TT2s.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	3996  

Coach-Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach-Tom View Post
Here's a couple of snaps of our new Coachmen TT at our very 1st camping trip. Weather was horrible, but we had a BLAST!
Nice looking, but, I have never been good at following directions, draw outside the lines and such!

How is it that you owned 3 other TTs and never went camping!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:06 PM   #3

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
OK...Here goes

Bought an Aliner in November. Used it in backyard twice with two sons. Wife and daughter complained "Where are we going to sleep?" I figured they wouldn't even have an interest in camping(WRONG)

Went to RV show on 1-7 and bought Coachmen 21BH. Signed papers. Daughter complained "Where is boyfriend going to sleep?" (How about at his home?)

Went back to RV show on 1-15 and supersized to Coachmen 26BH. signed new papers, paid additional money. Fortunately, papers were not sent to state, but I received a payment book.(more paper)

Realized about 10 days later that my Ram 1500 didn't have enough hutzpah to tow 26BH

Went on search for a 3/4 ton truck. Stumbled upon Ford 1 ton duallie, which can tow the Titanic. All should have been well. Bought it and really love it. Now I'm ready to go camping, but didn't pick up my TT, because I was waiting for weather to improve. I did receive my registration from PA and my new payment book for the new TT...It was mine(and the banks). Mind you, we've been a single income family(me) for 25 years and I don't see that changing in the near century.

Three weeks later, I took family to see the 26BH, which was already titled in my name(BTW I had already made 2 payments...more paper), and after walking thru, my daughter and wife complained "It's just a hallway...how come the sides don't pop out?" I said "Stop, no more trailers".

About a week later and a bottle of Valium, went to see dealer again. He was hiding from me. At this point, I offered him, the bank, and the insurance company a fistful of Valiums, then explained that I now had a truck that could even pull the Pirates out of last place. How about a bigger trailer? I'm sure that I'm the crazy customer that they all talk about when getting drunk over a poker game...you know, "you'll never believe what happened at work". We made a deal on the 30BHS(LOA 35ft), I lost $1000 on the 26BH(now used and titled) even though it hadn't left he dealer's lot. More paper signing and more money! Actually, I must have signed a tree full of papers by now.

Fortunately, it had to be ordered. No one could look at it and talk me into a fifth wheel or perhaps a 60ft tour bus. Picked it up 2 weeks ago and brought it home. Much to my surprise, everybody loved it.

We took it out for our first trip Friday and despite horrible weather, everybody had a ball!

I'm hooked!

Disclaimer:
"The aforementioned events were performed by a professional raving lunatic. Please do not try this at home."
Old 05-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Very funny. You went through in a few weeks what others take years to do. You're way ahead of the game now.

Now that you've settled down, get out & enjoy that TT.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:04 AM   #5

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lori

We met so many nice and friendly people and my kids made new friends. It was a super positive experience! May go again this weekend?

Tom
Old 05-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
What happen with the "boy friend?" Did he like the new TT?
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #7

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
What happen with the "boy friend?" Did he like the new TT?

He was a huge help(trying to impress my daughter) and I really do like him!
Old 05-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
OK...Here goes

Bought an Aliner in November. Used it in backyard twice with two sons. Wife and daughter complained "Where are we going to sleep?" I figured they wouldn't even have an interest in camping(WRONG)

Went to RV show on 1-7 and bought Coachmen 21BH. Signed papers. Daughter complained "Where is boyfriend going to sleep?" (How about at his home?)

Went back to RV show on 1-15 and supersized to Coachmen 26BH. signed new papers, paid additional money. Fortunately, papers were not sent to state, but I received a payment book.(more paper)

Realized about 10 days later that my Ram 1500 didn't have enough hutzpah to tow 26BH

Went on search for a 3/4 ton truck. Stumbled upon Ford 1 ton duallie, which can tow the Titanic. All should have been well. Bought it and really love it. Now I'm ready to go camping, but didn't pick up my TT, because I was waiting for weather to improve. I did receive my registration from PA and my new payment book for the new TT...It was mine(and the banks). Mind you, we've been a single income family(me) for 25 years and I don't see that changing in the near century.

Three weeks later, I took family to see the 26BH, which was already titled in my name(BTW I had already made 2 payments...more paper), and after walking thru, my daughter and wife complained "It's just a hallway...how come the sides don't pop out?" I said "Stop, no more trailers".

About a week later and a bottle of Valium, went to see dealer again. He was hiding from me. At this point, I offered him, the bank, and the insurance company a fistful of Valiums, then explained that I now had a truck that could even pull the Pirates out of last place. How about a bigger trailer? I'm sure that I'm the crazy customer that they all talk about when getting drunk over a poker game...you know, "you'll never believe what happened at work". We made a deal on the 30BHS(LOA 35ft), I lost $1000 on the 26BH(now used and titled) even though it hadn't left he dealer's lot. More paper signing and more money! Actually, I must have signed a tree full of papers by now.

Fortunately, it had to be ordered. No one could look at it and talk me into a fifth wheel or perhaps a 60ft tour bus. Picked it up 2 weeks ago and brought it home. Much to my surprise, everybody loved it.

We took it out for our first trip Friday and despite horrible weather, everybody had a ball!

I'm hooked!

Disclaimer:
"The aforementioned events were performed by a professional raving lunatic. Please do not try this at home."

now that is funny! Hope you enjoy your new TT!
Russ & Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #9

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Picked up a few other goodies recommended by my new camping pals. Can't wait to get out again!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:08 PM   #10

Hilarious! Well, at least to me.
I somewhat went to reverse in that I've downsized. Well, sorta. My mom had a small Shasta that our family camped in, and then she upgraded many years later to a 28' foot or so with a full bath and twin beds. When I was married and had kids of my own she bought a 28' Holiday Alumalite RV that she and I and the kids travelled all over in. Then we were camper-less for several years until I bought a cabin tent about 4 years ago. Loved getting back to the basics. However, I really need a bed and some AC for sleeping. Got tired of packing/repacking/digging in containers. Recently bought the biggest of the teardrops, a T@B. For now it's "just right".

Enjoy your outings and make some memories.
bakerkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:55 PM   #11

Appalachian Campers
Well that's one Hell of a start!

Have fun and keep an eye on that boyfriend!
sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:46 AM   #12

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerkids View Post
Recently bought the biggest of the teardrops, a T@B. For now it's "just right".

Enjoy your outings and make some memories.
Is a T@B a "Ted and Breakfast" or is that cute little trailer on your profile...Coooool! Y'all better get along?
Old 05-23-2010, 07:36 AM   #13

Quote:
Is a T@B a "Ted and Breakfast"
LOL! Hum, I don't have a camping sign yet for my site. I just may incorporate that in there. Nah.

I call her Daisy T@Baker. Daisy because she, well, looks like a Daisy. T@Baker because I'm a Baker.
bakerkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #14
OSB

Quote:
He was a huge help(trying to impress my daughter) and I really do like him!
That is great to hear, and I hope my 3-year-old daughter has similar good taste when she grows up! Congratulations on the awesome setup!
OSB is offline   Reply With Quote