Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:08 AM   #1

Hi all,
After several TT's and FW's we finally made the jump to a class c! We now have a 2008 Jayco Grey Hawk Sport 25DB, no slide but is surprisingly roomy for the wife and I. We wanted to get something that while being an entry level unit, had some nice and usable options without having more than I'll use at this point. There are a couple of things I'd like to change though, like the grey water valve re-positioned so that the handle points up, giving me more road clearance..(I just know I'll tear that sucker right off on some of the places I go!)And, I don't quite understand why there is a copper tube that slopes down about 8" from the ground, in front of the driver side duallies, then back up again, you'd think that could have been routed a little better, as soon as I find out what it's for I'll see if I can change it. Other than that, this is great for us, it's light, shorter (overall 27ft,)good power, rides smooth, and a lot less interior noise than I thought these would have. Pics coming soon.

2010 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 30.5 DBSA 5er
twooldbuzzards is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2008, 08:08 AM   #2

Hi all,
After several TT's and FW's we finally made the jump to a class c! We now have a 2008 Jayco Grey Hawk Sport 25DB, no slide but is surprisingly roomy for the wife and I. We wanted to get something that while being an entry level unit, had some nice and usable options without having more than I'll use at this point. There are a couple of things I'd like to change though, like the grey water valve re-positioned so that the handle points up, giving me more road clearance..(I just know I'll tear that sucker right off on some of the places I go!)And, I don't quite understand why there is a copper tube that slopes down about 8" from the ground, in front of the driver side duallies, then back up again, you'd think that could have been routed a little better, as soon as I find out what it's for I'll see if I can change it. Other than that, this is great for us, it's light, shorter (overall 27ft,)good power, rides smooth, and a lot less interior noise than I thought these would have. Pics coming soon.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:34 PM   #3

Well.....I like it anyway!

Old 04-15-2008, 05:13 PM   #4

Glad you like it...have you made your maiden voyage yet?
rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:01 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congrats on the new MH. We started in a 24ft Jamboree Class C in 1991. Built on a Ford Chassis with a 460 and a C6 tranny. That thing was built Ford tough as the commercial says. We pulled our boat in the summer and our Chevy Astro Van in the winter. Still have many memories that the kids still talk about. Good luck in your ventures. This is a great website. you'll find a lot of good tips and suggestions about the RV lifestyle. We've been full timing in our Dolphin for nearly two years and have never had more fun.
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:28 AM   #6

rjf7g...
That's the fun part! As we pulled away from the dealership, you could see the snow storm coming over the mountain range behind us...around 2.5 hours later, we backed into our driveway, got to walk around it a few times showing it to our kids, then the snow started to hit us, snowed all that night, to the next evening, then the next 5 days as well! It's still too cold and windy, possibly in 2 weeks we plan to take 'er out for a weekend run to ANYWHERE out of here! I am so sick of this winter!

Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376....
Thanks! This is a 6.8 V10, 5sp. torqueshift, it has a fairly impressive take-off for such a heavy beast. Full timing is our dream as well, I hope to retire in about 5 years or less, I would also like to have a class 'A', I love driving those things...maybe around a 34, 36 footer. All in good time.

Thank You both for the replies!

Old 04-16-2008, 11:21 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You are welcome. Julia and I have the perfect retirement / lifestyle business that we run from Case-De-Wheels. If you'd ever like to know more you can PM any time you'd like.
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:43 AM   #8

Sounds interesting...I will do that!
Thanks!