Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Baby Bounder

If you need new "sneakers", join FMCA and take advantage of their Michelin Program.

Lots of benefits in FMCA membership, aand the tire program is just one. Once you join FMCA and receive your member number, go to www.michelonman.com to locate the Michelin Dealer nearest you. Call Michelin to register for the program. They wil ask for your FMCA# and the last four numbers of your credit card. Call the dealer to order your tires. dealre will call you when they are in to schedule install. Normally, you will be billed directly by Michelin for the tires and you pay the dealer for the install.

Michelin makes one of the best RV tires on the market, and the FMCA/Michelin program makes them more affordable.

Happy Trails!

Darryl

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great looking coach. Hope you enjoy all your travels. I wouldn't let the dash air concern you all that much. We run our roof air when traveling and with the front fans going it does a much better job then the dash air. JMHO! ENJOY

Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hteixeira View Post
Here she is - 'Baby Bounder' - named by her original owners of 10 years. We picked her up on Friday. We're cleaning her up and getting her ready for the road/memories!

The kiddo's and wife are WICKED excited!

Super solid coach - Had it pre-inspected before purchasing. Report came back solid with few minor repairs needed and another issue on the generator. MOST was repaired (Chassis A/C still an issue - but price adjusted), had it inspected again and green light.

Next up - some new sneakers - original DOT date tires dated 2003 year - though no cracking and no tread issues, the date scares me. So, they'll get replaced SOON!
She looks like a clean rig. Great find. We purchased our first 3 years ago (2000 Monaco Diplomat)... I needed to relocate for two years to the twin cities (150 miles from where I live)... so I stayed in our rig during the week and came home during the weekends... yes, even during the MN winters... wow do I have stories... but it is worth it!!! Have fun!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by desobelman View Post
If you need new "sneakers", join FMCA and take advantage of their Michelin Program.

Lots of benefits in FMCA membership, aand the tire program is just one. Once you join FMCA and receive your member number, go to www.michelonman.com to locate the Michelin Dealer nearest you. Call Michelin to register for the program. They wil ask for your FMCA# and the last four numbers of your credit card. Call the dealer to order your tires. dealre will call you when they are in to schedule install. Normally, you will be billed directly by Michelin for the tires and you pay the dealer for the install.

Michelin makes one of the best RV tires on the market, and the FMCA/Michelin program makes them more affordable.

Happy Trails!

Darryl
I was leaning against joining FMCA for a few reasons - mainly:
  1. gmac doesn't insure MA residents
  2. MA Insurance is similar to car insurance - no other discounts available that I know of
  3. AAA can do my trip planning
  4. I'm not a member of Costco

However, for the $50 price of membership, you make a good point as I'm guessing that the Michelin Advanced Tire program will save me at least that amount. Would you say that is accurate?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #19

Thanks for nice comments everyone! They're very much appreciated!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #20

Nice rig-looks super clean. Your daughter does look excited to have some fun camping memories with Dad!!
Old 05-15-2013, 11:35 PM   #21

very clean looking. in process of looking for a MH myself. I wasn't big on bounders because of the logo, seemed cheap looking to me, but they seem to be pretty solid coaches so I'm rethinking my reasoning.

as far as tires, what kind of money can I expect to spend on similar tires for the bounder? i'l l take a guess and correct me if I'm wrong. i am thinking about $400 a tire minimum?

DC
Old 05-15-2013, 11:43 PM   #22

cane across his in looking at replacing tires on motorhomes. thought it would be a good reminder.

ANYONE ever having to replace RV tires needs to read this!!!
Hey guys. A friend of mine at work overheard me talking about going and buying new front tires for my coach this weekend. He had remembered watching an ABC special about tire dealers all over the US selling tires that were 5-12 years old as brand new tires. The experts recommend a shelf life of no more than 6 years for a tire no matter what the tread looks like.

It's a great video that shows you exactly how to read the DOT code printed on all tires that show the exact week and year your tire was manufactured. It will usually be a 4 digit number located at the end of the other DOT numbers. The first two numbers tell you the week it was made and the last 2 numbers represent the year. Example; 4302 means your tire was made the 43rd week of 2002.

What's scary is I just came in from my coach and my 4 new rear tires are okay. They were made in the 3rd week of 2009. I just bought them in December when I purchased the coach. But my 2 front Michelin tires read 389. Yes, that means they were made in the 39th week of 1999!!! OMG, I've driven for the past 4 months on 11 year old tires and didn't know it. If not for the sidewall bulge I noticed this past weekend, I would not be replacing them this weekend.

When I have my new Michelins installed this weekend, I will certainly check the DOT date on the sidewall first. I suggest you guys do the same. Knowledge is power.

Here is the video link to the ABC special. It's worth your time watching it.

Aged Tires: A Driving Hazard? - ABC News

video no longer works.

DC
Old 05-16-2013, 12:00 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don't let the logo fool you. The Bounder is a great coach. While mine is a little newer and a DP - all Bounders pack a lot value into that "lower priced - entry level coach". That's what they were designed to do and have done since 1985. But don't take my word for it. Read about the history and creativity the Bounder brought to both the value minded buyer - and the industry as a whole : http://www.betterrving.com/article/r...ounder_history

And - as you read the article - look for the part where the roo was left of for a production year or two - it was missed - and brought back by popular demand. Which, by the way, popular demand is at the heart of the Bounder line.

Now - enjoy that Bounder - that family of yours, and let the journey be your destination.
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:36 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Enjoy your new Bounder. The memories have just started. It'll be a great fun. Safe trouble free travels.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:02 AM   #25
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congrats. We love our Bounder and you will enjoy yours too. It looks to be well cared for.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Clean lookin' rig.....Good luck....

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #27

Yes, new Michelins are on order! As well as new batteries. I'm looking at a Gel battery for the engine bay. Apparently they seem to last forever.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #28

Someone has to say it. I'm sure your family is bound to have fun with her. Good thing you got the tip top unit and not thee one that flushes anticlockwise. Since she's baby bounder, maybe your toad can be joey?

Tags
bounder, fleetwood, motorhome