Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-20-2016, 04:58 PM   #15

Congratulations!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2016, 06:01 PM   #16

Very nice

Tim&Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 06:16 PM   #17

Congrats! That's a good looking rig. When it comes time to get a toad, just remember that CRV actually stand for Connect to Recreational Vehicle. At a recent FMCA rally I wasn't sure if I was at an RV rally where everyone happened to own a CRV or a CRV rally where the owners all happened to be RVers. :lol:
Old 01-22-2016, 06:44 PM   #18

You'll be glad you bought a Newmar. Hope you many wonderful miles of travels. However, I would be remiss in not saying Go Tigers!
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 06:44 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatterbrain View Post
Congrats! That's a good looking rig. When it comes time to get a toad, just remember that CRV actually stand for Connect to Recreational Vehicle. At a recent FMCA rally I wasn't sure if I was at an RV rally where everyone happened to own a CRV or a CRV rally where the owners all happened to be RVers. :lol:
CRV = Connect to Recreational Vehicle. LOVE that!

We would definitely consider another CR-V. We loved that car. However, we'd also consider something even smaller for a toad, if it could be towed four down. Can a Honda Fit be towed four down? How about a Smart Car? I know, wrong thread for this question. Just something for future research!
Old 01-23-2016, 06:47 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
You'll be glad you bought a Newmar. Hope you many wonderful miles of travels. However, I would be remiss in not saying Go Tigers!
We were and are very impressed with Newmar. Even though our coach, now named "Pearl" is nine years old, she's in very good shape, and the quality of the build is apparent. We're proud to say we own a Newmar!

Congratulations on your NEW Newmar as well. The new ones are absolutely stunning. (I must avoid looking at the Newmar site!)
Old 01-27-2016, 07:34 AM   #21

Enjoy your new coach. It will be different experience than VRBO for sure.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:50 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelGal View Post
CRV = Connect to Recreational Vehicle. LOVE that!

We would definitely consider another CR-V. We loved that car. However, we'd also consider something even smaller for a toad, if it could be towed four down. Can a Honda Fit be towed four down? How about a Smart Car? I know, wrong thread for this question. Just something for future research!
I'm pretty sure I've seen a Smart car being towed 4 down.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:45 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing. If this is your first RV experience...after you get the routine down a bit, prepare to fall in love with a new found level of relaxation and adventure. It's the best...at least for us. We're looking forward to being able to retire and go free wandering.

Oh...might look carefully before you buy. I believe a lot of the new CRVs have a different transmission (CVT) that cannot be flat towed anymore. (what on earth were they thinking) This forum is a good source when you go to look.

Safe Journeys!!!
Old 01-28-2016, 06:40 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by molliandjeff View Post
Enjoy your new coach. It will be different experience than VRBO for sure.
Thanks, and oh yes, it already is! We are sleeping on our OWN mattress (first upgrade we made) and have our own stuff with us. Of course any problems are OUR problems as well, but it is nice having our own place again.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:41 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
Oh...might look carefully before you buy. I believe a lot of the new CRVs have a different transmission (CVT) that cannot be flat towed anymore. (what on earth were they thinking) This forum is a good source when you go to look.

Safe Journeys!!!
Thanks! I do think I've read the same about CR-Vs. So we would have to buy a used one (finding out when the change was made) or go with a different model that can be flat-towed.. No problem there; we loved our CR-V but are not married to that model.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:37 AM   #26

Go Heels!!! Pulling for Panthers too today in San Fran!! Your first rig and it is so nice!! We are right on your "heels" too since we no longer have the Fleetwood Revo. We're within a half year or so from retiring, pulling the trigger on our purchase, then getting on the road just like you folks. Keep us posted here on your ventures and any problems/solutions! No fair posting a problem without also posting the solution!! LOL.
Stinger1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:04 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1968 View Post
Go Heels!!! Pulling for Panthers too today in San Fran!! Your first rig and it is so nice!! We are right on your "heels" too since we no longer have the Fleetwood Revo. We're within a half year or so from retiring, pulling the trigger on our purchase, then getting on the road just like you folks. Keep us posted here on your ventures and any problems/solutions! No fair posting a problem without also posting the solution!! LOL.
Thanks Joe! Bummer about the Super Bowl...a disappointing loss for sure. And two in a row for the Heels too. It hasn't been a good week for the NC fans.

We have friends in Clayton! Good luck in pursuing your retirement dreams. We are so happy that we decided to try this lifestyle. And I'll definitely be hanging out on the forums.

Tags
motorhome