Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-20-2016, 04:58 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 152
Congratulations!
__________________

__________________
Notlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2016, 06:01 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Tim&Paula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Titusville
Posts: 246
Very nice
__________________

__________________
Tim & Paula - Titusville, Florida
2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FTBS
2011 Chevy 3500 Duramax with Air Ride Hitch
Tim&Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 06:16 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Scatterbrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Yucca Valley, Ca.
Posts: 506
Congrats! That's a good looking rig. When it comes time to get a toad, just remember that CRV actually stand for Connect to Recreational Vehicle. At a recent FMCA rally I wasn't sure if I was at an RV rally where everyone happened to own a CRV or a CRV rally where the owners all happened to be RVers. :lol:
__________________
Scatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 06:44 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
wildtoad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,929
You'll be glad you bought a Newmar. Hope you many wonderful miles of travels. However, I would be remiss in not saying Go Tigers!
__________________
Tom Wilds
Blythewood SC
2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 06:44 AM   #19
Member
 
TarheelGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatterbrain View Post
Congrats! That's a good looking rig. When it comes time to get a toad, just remember that CRV actually stand for Connect to Recreational Vehicle. At a recent FMCA rally I wasn't sure if I was at an RV rally where everyone happened to own a CRV or a CRV rally where the owners all happened to be RVers. :lol:
CRV = Connect to Recreational Vehicle. LOVE that!

We would definitely consider another CR-V. We loved that car. However, we'd also consider something even smaller for a toad, if it could be towed four down. Can a Honda Fit be towed four down? How about a Smart Car? I know, wrong thread for this question. Just something for future research!
__________________
Full-timing in "Pearl", our 2007 Newmar Bay Star 3202
TarheelGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 06:47 AM   #20
Member
 
TarheelGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
You'll be glad you bought a Newmar. Hope you many wonderful miles of travels. However, I would be remiss in not saying Go Tigers!
We were and are very impressed with Newmar. Even though our coach, now named "Pearl" is nine years old, she's in very good shape, and the quality of the build is apparent. We're proud to say we own a Newmar!

Congratulations on your NEW Newmar as well. The new ones are absolutely stunning. (I must avoid looking at the Newmar site!)
__________________
Full-timing in "Pearl", our 2007 Newmar Bay Star 3202
TarheelGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:34 AM   #21
Junior Member
 
molliandjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 24
Enjoy your new coach. It will be different experience than VRBO for sure.
__________________
molliandjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:50 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Scatterbrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Yucca Valley, Ca.
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelGal View Post
CRV = Connect to Recreational Vehicle. LOVE that!

We would definitely consider another CR-V. We loved that car. However, we'd also consider something even smaller for a toad, if it could be towed four down. Can a Honda Fit be towed four down? How about a Smart Car? I know, wrong thread for this question. Just something for future research!
I'm pretty sure I've seen a Smart car being towed 4 down.
__________________
Scatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:45 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
C.Martin's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,264
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing. If this is your first RV experience...after you get the routine down a bit, prepare to fall in love with a new found level of relaxation and adventure. It's the best...at least for us. We're looking forward to being able to retire and go free wandering.

Oh...might look carefully before you buy. I believe a lot of the new CRVs have a different transmission (CVT) that cannot be flat towed anymore. (what on earth were they thinking) This forum is a good source when you go to look.

Safe Journeys!!!
__________________
Charlie & Ronni plus the Sammies...Conner & Ginger.
2016 Ventana 4037
C.Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:40 AM   #24
Member
 
TarheelGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by molliandjeff View Post
Enjoy your new coach. It will be different experience than VRBO for sure.
Thanks, and oh yes, it already is! We are sleeping on our OWN mattress (first upgrade we made) and have our own stuff with us. Of course any problems are OUR problems as well, but it is nice having our own place again.
__________________
Full-timing in "Pearl", our 2007 Newmar Bay Star 3202
TarheelGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:41 AM   #25
Member
 
TarheelGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
Oh...might look carefully before you buy. I believe a lot of the new CRVs have a different transmission (CVT) that cannot be flat towed anymore. (what on earth were they thinking) This forum is a good source when you go to look.

Safe Journeys!!!
Thanks! I do think I've read the same about CR-Vs. So we would have to buy a used one (finding out when the change was made) or go with a different model that can be flat-towed.. No problem there; we loved our CR-V but are not married to that model.
__________________
Full-timing in "Pearl", our 2007 Newmar Bay Star 3202
TarheelGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:37 AM   #26
Junior Member
 
Stinger1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clayton, NC
Posts: 16
Go Heels!!! Pulling for Panthers too today in San Fran!! Your first rig and it is so nice!! We are right on your "heels" too since we no longer have the Fleetwood Revo. We're within a half year or so from retiring, pulling the trigger on our purchase, then getting on the road just like you folks. Keep us posted here on your ventures and any problems/solutions! No fair posting a problem without also posting the solution!! LOL.
__________________
__________________
--- Joe ---
2007 HR Endeavor 40SFT / 400 Cummalong / 1998 Jeep Cherokee TOAD
Stinger1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:04 AM   #27
Member
 
TarheelGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1968 View Post
Go Heels!!! Pulling for Panthers too today in San Fran!! Your first rig and it is so nice!! We are right on your "heels" too since we no longer have the Fleetwood Revo. We're within a half year or so from retiring, pulling the trigger on our purchase, then getting on the road just like you folks. Keep us posted here on your ventures and any problems/solutions! No fair posting a problem without also posting the solution!! LOL.
Thanks Joe! Bummer about the Super Bowl...a disappointing loss for sure. And two in a row for the Heels too. It hasn't been a good week for the NC fans.

We have friends in Clayton! Good luck in pursuing your retirement dreams. We are so happy that we decided to try this lifestyle. And I'll definitely be hanging out on the forums.
__________________

__________________
Full-timing in "Pearl", our 2007 Newmar Bay Star 3202
TarheelGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
motorhome



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WANTED: 1970-72 Chevy Grumman Motorhome heyitsmike Vintage RV's 5 11-21-2014 11:28 PM
Best way to wax motorhome smlranger Class A Motorhome Discussions 17 06-13-2014 12:21 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.