Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:07 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Our new 2011 HR Endeavor 43DFT

I've posted a few of these images in other threads and though perhaps I might start a thread to show our new rig.

While traveling through Indio last month we decided to just have a look at the local RV dealer, not with intention of buying anything as we have only had our first coach (2004 Gulf Stream Atrium 41') for 8 months.

Well... we found this rig as an end of the year model. The 2012's were coming in and the dealership was eager to clear out the remaining 2011 models. MSRP was $330k. Dealer offered to drop $100k from that price. My wife and I looked at each other and decided this was too good to pass up. We would be fine trading in the rig we'd only had for 8 months on this new beauty.

Monaco had squirreled away a number of early (exempt from new emissions regs) Cummins ISL 425hp engines and this was the last of the Endeavor/Diplomats with the Cummins engine. Nice that this engine was exempt from the new emissions regs.

We will be living in this for around 9 to 10 months of the year and have been in it for about a month and a half so far. We remark to each other daily about how much we love the layout, the liveability, the driveability, and the ride. Could not be more thrilled with this coach.

Taken last week during our stay at Lazydays in Tucson... fabulous park. We loved staying here and loved Tucson. Nothing like the dead of winter in Tucson... mid seventies, bright sun and blue skies... like heaven in January.

The huge, unobstructed windshield makes us feel like we're watching an IMAX movie when we're going down the road...

All of the interior photos (except the fireplace & Sony 46" TV pic) were taken before we took delivery of the coach.

We removed this sofa and installed two leather recliners here. They fit and function wonderfully in the space.

The full residential fridge was a big selling point to us, as we're practically full timing in the coach.

I did some measuring and determined that this 40" Aquos TV could be replaced with a 46" Sony Bravia, so we high tailed it to Best Buy, ordered the TV and got it installed... then gave the 40" Sharp to the technician - he was thrilled and we were happy to help him out.

I did some more measuring and determined that we could fit a Classic Flame electric heater/fireplace in the space inside the cabinet. Fits like a glove and we love the warmth and ambiance this fireplace adds to the coach.

Here's the new 46" Sony and the 36" Classic Flame after installation:

Here's the half bath at mid coach, which I didn't think we would need at first... but after living in the coach for a month and a half, I LOVE having this half bath. We store all the cleaning supplies, drinking water in here, as well as all my battery chargers and other misc. items. And it comes in real handy for bathroom use at times. Now, we're really glad to have the half-bath.

The bed was a Queen SelectComfort bed, which we tried for a while before deciding it was not as comfortable as we wanted it to be. So we ordered a Simmons BeautyRest Elite in King size, with memory foam and pocketed coil cells. Amazing bed. This pic was taken with the old bed and comforter, which have both been replaced with the king, which fits like a glove!

We also replaced the Sharp Aquos 26" bedroom TV with a Sony Bravia 32". This pic was before we did that upgrade:

The rear bath in this rig totally blows us away... especially considering how tight the bath was in our last coach. This feels very residential and living in the coach as much as we do... this magnificent bathroom is a godsend to us.

There's a third TV, located for outdoor viewing. It's a 40" Sharp Aquos and located behind the hinged panel on the curb side slide room.

After living in this for the last month and a half, my wife and I could not be happier with the choice. We've decided that we really don't NEED the home back in Washington. Fortunately, we don't have to return there until we feel like doing so. This rig is a keeper for sure.

DHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2012, 01:03 AM   #2

That right there is a castle on wheels! Congrats on your amazing "home"!

Old 01-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #3

Very nice

We are staying on the other side of lazy days and I remember commenting on how nice the paint job looked while you were here
Old 01-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you, guys, I appreciate your kind comments! Best wishes to you and happy trails.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Like I've said before... Mighty fine looking Coach you have there.
dave from mesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Dave... and YOU TOO! :-)
Old 01-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
beautiful ...............
Coached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #8

Very nice coach! Enjoy
Old 01-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
WOW! That's a great looking coach. Hope you enjoy all your travels.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Beautiful coach and nice toad too!
fkloster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That's beautiful!
Congratulations!

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
SWEET! What a nice home to have on wheels.....can't wait to full time, until then it'll just be "get away when we can". We still have one in school (year and 1/2) so it will have to be once he graduates....
Old 01-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Beautiful coach...congrats...
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:16 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
That coach is outstanding and the upgrades have us thinking.

Can you post a pic with the two recliners?

Thanks.

JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote