Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #15

Got it.... I called Georgetown to see if they had a Channel for the coax --- the y did not so so Far have not decided on a plan. I emailed Georgetown and they suggested going through the mirror.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
CB

One of the best no-ground plane CB antenna is from FireFly featuring molded side mount. When you install the 4 foot top tune-able antenna install a SS spring first.

Be careful not to mount your antenna too high

The following is my invoice from truckers-store.com

http://www.truckers-store.com/store-..._40491594.html

lg3m2-lg4m2 FireFly No-Ground Plane CB Antenna Kit Featuring Molded Side Mount 46.95 1 46.95
Options: Antenna Color: Black
Length: 4 foot length lg4m2
aud306-auss3h Accessories Unlimited Antenna Springs - Four to Choose From 10.95 1 10.95
Options: Choose Your Spring:: auss3h - Heavy Duty Spring
Subtotal: 57.90
Shipping: 18.72
Tax: 0.00
Grand Total: 76.62

Good luck...Remember that on an RV you don't have a good ground plan like the truckers have. No-Ground Plane CB Antenna is the only way to go

Old 02-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #17

Thanks ..... Did you have a molding to hide the coax in? That is my problem now. Also want to run sat antenna also. Thanks again... Have a good trip this summer. We are from central IA and spend three months in the Reo grand valley... We really like no snow or cold.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Molding

I removed the molding on each side of the front window ..You have plenty of room to drill and mount the molded side mount and attach the CB cable
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB221258.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	17691  
Old 02-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
When you were in NS did you use cash or credit cards in the campgrounds, etc.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:51 AM   #20

I keep a little cash .... other wise I use a credit card or a debit card for everything, and I then pay my card on line. We use a Verizon my fi card and have had excellent response with it. Most all of our reg bills are on auto pay, the rest I pay on line when we are gone. We have a friend/relative with the same MH but a 08. They have been happy with it, it has the Chevy drive train and they had some break trouble other wise reg stuff. Thanks for info on coax hide. I have a front shade track that I think would hide a coax, haven't removed it to look yet. Don't know how we could be so busy here and not doing anything? Don't get all that much done in a day. Plan to install air bags on MH while I TX did that on last MH and liked the improvement in ride and handling. Thanks again.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I really like the flooring. The layout is nice. Exterior rocks!
Old 02-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #22

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigmoneySr
When we picked up our coach I had the local car alarm shop install a Viper system with up to a mile response to my key pad. The coach is totally equipped with 8 strobe lights installed under the coach. Every door, storage compartments and access panels are monitored. Two proximity switches protects the inside from the front to the rear. When in alarm two sirens, one in the front and rear along with the air horns and strobe light go crazy. One guy worked on my coach for four days with a total cost of $3,100.

Checkout the rock guard, I attached an aluminum angle on the top to stiffen and allow it to hang without bending. I also installed two backup lights to assist me when we are backing up at night. If that not enough I installed a tire monitor system and a 10 meter (BIG) CB radio. I’m currently planning a four month trip from Tamp up through Nova Scotia to Prince Edwards Island, Newfoundland and Cape Breton (Cabot’s Trail with my toad). We plan to start our trip the last part of May in 2013.
What a beautiful rig. Lots of happy miles and unforgettable memories.
If you haven't made the trip to PEI and Nova Scotia, you're going to love it, especially the Cabot Trail. We made that trip on our Gold Wing MC a couple of years ago.
Keep us posted. :~)
Old 02-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hello BigmoneySr, welcome to the Tiffin owners clan. We bought our coach from Lazy Days also, a few years back. They've made some nice improvements in them since then. Enjoy your coach.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks ....After you buy your RV a new world of extras to spend money on starts when you personalize for pleasure and safety. Like installing Tyron bands for your steer tires 2k, tire monitor system, RV GPS, etc. Every time I go to LazyDay's I can't believe how many people are buying RV's and the number of salesman on the floor. Don't forget free breakfast and lunch 6 days a week

2016 F150 Bronze Super Crew Cab 4X4
BigmoneySr is offline   Reply With Quote