Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Gorgeous rig! I love the new paint jobs. Enjoy.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #16

that'll be a head turner as you guys are tooling down the interstate. Beautiful Rig!
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Beautiful rig. May you enjoy many happy (s)miles in it.

Heat absorption and longevity are two different sides of the same coin. Yes, the darker colors will absorb more heat which can put more of a burden on your A/C system (I'd like to see more lighter color schemes made available). On the other hand, the old gel coated fiberglass would start to look aged beyond its years in very short order. A five year old rig that has never been garaged (and lets face it, few of us are able to garage our rigs), or in this case a rig that will always be outside because you are living in it, is typically very flat and faded with the different materials used in construction fading at different rates. Looks awful. A rig painted with quality materials and given even modest care can look new for a couple decades.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here's wishing you many enjoyable trips in the future, great looking unit.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #19

Gorgeous Redwood. My wife and took delivery on a new Redwood last week. We love it. What kind of truck are you pulling it with? We're considering a F-350 deisel with dual rear wheels.
gcakia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just gotta love it, happy camping and hope your full time dream becomes a reality soon.

1fanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #21

I have a 2011 Redwood looks just like yours. I pull it with a F350. It's our second fifth wheel and I will NEVER buy another Redwood again !! good luck with yours.
cwkickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #22

I will NEVER buy another Redwood again !! good luck with yours. Why not ???? I would like to no
Pete1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #23

The Redwood is our second fifthwheel. Our Redwood is less than a year & ahalf old. The people at Redwood are very nice & helpful, but we have had just too many problems in just a short time for a full time unit. They sent me to a rv dealer to have some repairs done that they said they would cover. After going to the dealer Redwood said the two year full warrenty would not cover the repairs. The Redwood is good to look at on the outside, but it has just too many problems for a full time unit. Good luck & see you on the road.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #24

Thanks Everyone for your replies. Our S&B is still for sale. No contracts as of yet, so it looks like we are going through another winter in NH. So far we have had no problems with our Redwood to speak of. Only a couple things that took less then 5 mins for me to fix. It now sits out back winterized waiting out the winter. I cant say enough about the quality and workmanship of the Redwood. Sure we all wish they would have tied this up or routed that line in a better way but that is nothing different then what you here about in the more expensive units. I have towed our coach more than 6000 miles this year and have not had a single problem from it.
cwkickers sorry to here that your not happy with your 2011.
But in our dealings with Redwood both talking too and visiting the Redwood factory itself, we were treated like royalty and they listen to everything we had to say, even suggestions of changes or tweaks for future owners. Redwood even took pictures of up grades or changes that I made to show other customers.
Undrpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcakia View Post
Gorgeous Redwood. My wife and took delivery on a new Redwood last week. We love it. What kind of truck are you pulling it with? We're considering a F-350 deisel with dual rear wheels.
gcakia I went with a Chevy Durmax DRW CC 4X4 with the Allison. All I can say is WOW! 18.5 to 19.5 MPG with nothing behind it and I averaging 11 to 12 MPG towing our Redwood. Go over 75 MPH and the milage drops to 10 MPG. I also went with a Hensley trailer saver air ride TS3 hitch. This I have to say was another great investment! I just look in my review mirror and see our home floating behind us. Love my Chevy's
Undrpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:29 AM   #26

I will be going Full time when the house sells so i like to no what to look at and what to stay away from. I will be looking for a toy hauler.
Pete1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #27

Hi Undrpsi;

I said that I would never buy another Redwood. I didn't say anything about the staff. We have been to Redwwod a few times and the staff is GREAT. The people are very nice and helpful. What I'm saying is that for a new rv the problems are just to many to over look. This is our second fifth wheel and the first one had problems, but not this many. I hope our rv will give you no problems. See you on the road.