RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-12-2020, 08:17 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Our New Home

After owning our 2003 Fleetwood 32 foot class A for almost 10 years we traded it in December for a 2020 Coachman Mirada 35 OS. We bought it from Giant RV World in Palm Bay Florida.

I looked at the reviews online for both the Coachman product and Giant RV in advance and tried to read between the lines on them. I discarded the most positive and most negative reviews of both and I tried to find a median review.

I had originally considered buying a 5-6 year old Ventanna or Aspire but we saw this coach a few months ago and it had 97% of everything we wanted for half the price of a used diesel pusher.

I have no illusions here....I know this is not comparable to many diesel pushers, and that this is more an entry level coach.....but considering the bang for the buck.....we are very happy. I have been driving a gasser for ten years and this one is easier to drive then my 2003 model 32 foot Fleetwood.

We have been out for three weeks on a shake down cruise and have had the usual minor problems....95% of them were simple fixes I could correct myself....the couple of others, are fixes to commonly used items installed in all coaches in the RV industry.

What am I trying to say here? We are extremely happy with the dealer and our coach.

What have I dealt with so far? Here is a quick run down.

Auto leveling messed up....I confess that this one was operator error...me....I tried to level on battery power. The manufacturer recommends running the engine when leveling. The dealer helped me reset the system to level and it works great now that I know how to use it.

Stairs stopped working....was a simple fix, the power plug under the stairs had come unplugged....plugged it back in and latched it...no more problem.

Water leaks......I was not surprised to find out that several of the water connections to sinks and sink drains were not tight enough and were leaking....and I made a couple of twists with a wrench....no more water leaks.

Main TV in living area was not properly attached to the wall and came off while driving. While this was scary at the time, when I had the chance to look at the system used to hang the TV on the wall...while it is very robust it is also very hard to hang the TV properly as it is difficult to see if all of the anchor points are properly latched. The TV is fine now.

The generator will not run.....I am not worried about this one. The 5500 watt Onan generator is THE most common gas unit out there. I had one on my last coach and it was totally reliable. I am sure whatever minor problem this one has will be corrected when we get back home and I can have it looked at.

Coleman 15K heat pump noise. I have to admit that I was surprised at the noise level of the Coleman 15K A/C heat pumps. I had Dometic A/C units on my old coach and while they were not all that quiet , they were a lot quieter then the Coleman units. I bought two of the Wacko Products retrofit kits, and those kits have reduced and leveled out the heat pump noise quite a lot, to a level that is acceptable.

I added the usual retro fit SafteyPlus steering stabilizer. I have been happy with that.

So, all said, We love our new home!

There are some good video walk thru's if you do a google search.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E1AD465D-0150-47EA-8B83-ECE190FE8CD9_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	272024  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2020, 09:20 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Congrats on your new home. The biggest asset you have with it is your GREAT attitude towards the wonderful RV life. Those with out this "option" on what ever rig the get do not do well.

Enjoy the adventure!

momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:14 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Steve & Janet! Congrats on the beautiful new rig!

Those are the reasons I would never buy a new RV even if money was no problem! I would rather buy one 2-3 years old after someone else has taken the huge depreciation hit when driving off the dealer lot, and hopefully all the bugs have been taken care of.

Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:23 AM   #4

Nice rig! I hope you have many more safe miles and lots of fun in your travels.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:45 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations! I'm sure, once you get through the break in period/working out all the new coach bugs, you'll thoroughly enjoy it. Wishing you many happy miles.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:13 PM   #6

Nice.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 08:50 AM   #7

Bottom line **We are Happy** Good on You** ! Safe travels
BOSTONBERNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 08:57 AM   #8

Enjoy!
Old 01-23-2020, 12:17 AM   #9

Enjoy your new rig! 🕶
RunningHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:26 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congratulations on your new home! Nice looking rig!
jt

harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote