Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:38 PM   #43

Very interesting. We too had issues w/the black tank flushing system leaking when we try to use it. We are scheduled to have our rig in just after Labor Day. We are currently on our trip from CA to Elkhart. Our bigger problem is the lack of cab AC. A freightliner shop thinks the system wasn't hooked up correctly. We picked up our rig in March. We have been living in it full time since the first of May. But we are actually counting our start of full time travel/living as Aug 22 since that is when all of our 'chores' were completed. We have a list of issues that have been communicated to Steve and he has a plan of action in place. Please feel free to contact us directly. nana.grandpa.rving@gmail.com.

Cathi

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2016, 02:36 PM   #44

well i went back to nexus and dumped my phantom and left with a ghost .
as i left the lot all electrical went black had to turn around and spend and hour at service to find the problem and they found it and actually repaired a few other things they found wile looking . got home and noticed that the shower magnetic door seal was missing along with 1 window screen andfd the remote for the fan . got in touch with Steve and he got me all my parts . drove her to Canada and back with no issues except for condensation in the ac units is a pain in the ass if left to cold for to long . this coach is FAR superior over the phantom . i will say that if nexus paid more attention to detail it would make for a nicer coach . 3" long screws in the ac duct work ? crooked screws on panels ? loose screws throughout ? misalignment of various components and hinges ? ugh . maybe im just picky (machinist). But i just drove her to Disney fort wilderness and back and i have to say she did and awesome job with out batting a eye and i drove 17 hrs in a 20 hr period coming home straight and it was a pleasure . i have re adjusted many things i just feel are common sense when putting something together .

Old 09-07-2016, 09:57 PM   #45

It is a very nice looking coach but with all due respect, I have to say, I personally know little about this company or know much about their product but I also haven't seen a reply from an owner who's purchased from them say they haven't had any problems after purchasing.

Others mention your doing good only having the issues you have encountered in the short time you've had it. That would be concerning enough for me, especially with this level/line of coach. I hope any/all issues get taken care of for you guys and you have safe travels along the way.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:40 AM   #46

Hi all and glad to see post on the Bentley. I was at Hershey show last week and saw one and it was very nice. I am looking to buy in 2 to 3 yrs but wanted to ask were you able to negotiate some off the price as I know they are factory direct and was not sure if same rules apply when talking about the price. I know that for most other rigs anywhere from 20 - 28% off MSRP is doable.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:17 PM   #47
Jerry Dixon

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyf View Post
Hi all and glad to see post on the Bentley. I was at Hershey show last week and saw one and it was very nice. I am looking to buy in 2 to 3 yrs but wanted to ask were you able to negotiate some off the price as I know they are factory direct and was not sure if same rules apply when talking about the price. I know that for most other rigs anywhere from 20 - 28% off MSRP is doable.
Nexus is a no haggle company. I started by buy a Bentley last year, but it was $25K more than the Winnebago I did buy. But Nexus does not inflate the MSRP then give you a big discount. They quote actual prices.

2017 Itasca Solei 36G
"The 5 Shades of Gray"
Suzuki Burgman scooter on the rack
RV Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:04 AM   #48

.....that $190,000 NOW, is bottom line.....more than likely you will be adding to that for upgrades and it will be hard to buy new off any lot for this type of diesel and to me it's still worth it one year later....as of now, my coach is 100 percent just having gone through it's one year Freightlinner service.

WDK
Old 09-21-2016, 05:18 PM   #49

Beautiful Rig

I'm in the ClassA Deisel market so we can tailgate to LaCrosse Games across the country (mostly East Coast) from Wisconsin. How does the Bentley do in the cold? I'm thinking if they make it in Indiana it should be A-OK? Love the layout and I could even choose my son's school colors (Navy, Gold, White). He won't graduate high school until 2018 so I have time to custom order. What are your thoughts on Nexus vs. others, I'm sure you shopped around a lot! Love all the windows and kitchen area pass through haven't seen that anywhere else!
Thanks for any feedback.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:45 PM   #50

How is your trip so far?

Looking forward to hearing about your journey and how the nexus is driving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Cathi View Post
We have finally hit the road with our new NeXus Bentley (Class A DP), fondly named Big Blue. We are driving from the manufacture in Elkhart IN to California before heading north to home in Washington. Trying to stick to the 200 miles per day. We share driving duties. The wind was a bear Wednesday and Thursday, but today in western Kansas, we have had a great evening. 5 nights down 7 more to Sacramento.
Ca
We are still working out the issues of hooking up the cable and getting the internet securely through our WiFi Ranger. Love kicking back in our recliners in the evening.
Towing a Honda CRV which we drove back to Indiana to start this exciting journey. Sure glad we had the toad, as yesterday we had to make a run into town to pick up some meds.

I really enjoy the great view of the country side we get up high in the rig.

Old 09-24-2016, 07:40 AM   #51

The "no haggle" comment was accurate. We just ordered one and it was pretty much the quoted price. I got a little on my trade in of a Phantom. When you compare the NeXus price to the "discounted" price of another manufacturer's dealer I think you still come out ahead because the dealer is keeping something, even after the discount game is played.

Plus with NeXus, you get the personal connection with the manufacturer.

Bill
Old 10-16-2016, 12:05 AM   #52

You are correct - it does transmit a lot of heat to the inside. We are trying to problem solve where we can.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:16 AM   #53

We are having some great adventures. We went to the IRV2 rally in Elkhart in September then headed west to New Mexico for a rally in Farmington and then down to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta. This was our first experience with dry camping. No problem with the water and holding tanks, but do have issues with electricity. We need to better understand why we would have to top off the batteries (4) when we weren't using too much electricity. We stayed several places in New Mexico and Arizona before landing here at the Golden Village Palms in Hemet CA. This is our first really nice resort and we are enjoying the change.