Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-04-2015, 04:36 PM   #1

Our new Outback 326RL

Our first RV or any kind and decided to go with a setup we would keep for a while. Took it out close to home (about 20 miles away), then took it to Hot Springs AR (350 miles away) last weekend. We had a blast and are no realizing we basically need to duplicate everything from our house to the RV.....including our bed. We have a king size in the RV so this weekend we upgrade the RV mattress to a nice one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	434.0 KB
ID:	105813  

BTCMUSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2015, 08:39 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Looks nice and roomy. Yep, one of the reasons we went to a larger RV was for a sturdier bed that's a king. It's actually more comfortable than at home, which my back is thankful for. Have fun!

480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:22 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Congratulations! Very nice setup you have. What a rig for your first rv! Our first was a tiny 18' Nomad that weighed a ton and had to be hauled by a truck with added air bags on the rear. You have started out with a great rig!
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:11 AM   #4

Congrats! Outback is one of our favorite TTs. We were about ready to buy one to replace our FunFinder, but then made an about face and bought a MH.

It should give you many years of great service.
sbahrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCMUSN View Post
Our first RV or any kind and decided to go with a setup we would keep for a while. Took it out close to home (about 20 miles away), then took it to Hot Springs AR (350 miles away) last weekend. We had a blast and are no realizing we basically need to duplicate everything from our house to the RV.....including our bed. We have a king size in the RV so this weekend we upgrade the RV mattress to a nice one.
How did your truck handle your TT? Looks good.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCMUSN View Post
OK, I'll be that guy. Can you give us an idea what you paid for the Outback? I just looked at the specs and that model has everything we are looking for. Rear living space, King bed, Island/"L" Shaped Kitchen, Large Refer, Etc.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:37 AM   #7

We paid just north of $33k out the door. It was a new 2015 when we bought it. It's a very rig and we really enjoy it. Easy to set up and the king bed makes all the difference to us.

Good luck with your decision and hit me back if you have any questions.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:51 PM   #8

That seems pretty reasonable. Just from the pics it looks like some higher quality amenities. How does it hold the heat when it's cold outside and viseversa? Any idea on insulative qualities and construction? I really like what I have read about the ORV trailers cold/hot weather abilities but their prices bring an additional $15K+ for similar floor plans and smaller beds, etc.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:37 AM   #9

We have the Arctic package on our unit. The underbelly is totally enclosed and my understanding is the drain lines and piping are together as much as possible and wrapped also. I also believe there is a "trickle type" heating element that runs off 12v to help keep things warm during the cold. This will be our first winter with it so it is still new to me in that regard. In the summer though the dual AC are a lot of cooling effect. I think these AC units are only designed for around a 20-25 degree drop from outside temp. As with your possibly like the TT need to keep window shades down when at all possible and jump on the inside temp early to help keep it cool all day. It did very well I thought in this summers Texas heat so I am expecting the same this winter as far as the heat side goes. So this being our first TT the emeinities seem to be very nicely done. Again to us the king bed makes all the difference in the world. The all LED lighting is also nice from the battery perspective. One thing I did do is add a back up camera for the obvious. I now can see everything behind me when towing and the camera has built in mic so when backing in my better half can just speak to the camera and I can hear her in the truck very nicely. I would say for this trailer really consider a camera install as soon as possible. It makes a big difference. Other than those comments we are happy with the performance. So far we just the one refrig for cold items and use the other to keep non perishables. I cycle between the both just for the operational reasons. It's nice to also have additional refrig for adult beverages. Let me know if I can help and hope this helps in your decision.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:46 PM   #10

That's some great info BTC'. Much appreciated. Give us some nice info to go on. Thank you.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:41 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Enjoy our new RV. May you have many years of travel and pleasure from the rig.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 05:02 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Sweet looking setup, Welcome
Old 11-21-2015, 05:37 PM   #13

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congratulations! Looks like you folks are having a great time

Bobbo57 is offline   Reply With Quote