Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2010, 08:35 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Talking Our new (to us) toy.

Hi gang! Here are a couple of shots of our first rig. A little damage in the front upper quadrant, but she drives great and the inside is darn near perfect. So far, everything works. We will be fitting her up with two flat screens, one with a 5.1 home-away-from-home theater system, the other just 2.0 for the bedroom. A laptop or two for dvd and/or mp3 playback. A system that will allow us to plug in our Iphones to either stereo system, the cab stereo, or the outside stereo. Everything will come from the house and go into the RV before we travel, and nothing will stay in the RV once we get home. Much lower cost factor, and nothing left inside to swipe! Can't afford to buy anything new now anyway. Still getting used to putting in 50 bux worth of gas and only adding <1/2 tank. OUCH! Guess I had better get used to it...

Anyway, more pics to come (after washing and waxing), and will also try to show the repair progress.

Oh yeah, gotta toss in the ham gear too. HF/VHF/UHF will all be represented.

Seeya out there!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0082 compressed and cropped.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	6797   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0083 compressed and cropped.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	6798  

W4MBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Congratulations on your new rig! Pretty soon you'll need a bigger rig for all your follow-on new technology. Enjoy!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Still trying to figure out where to put the HO trains.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #4

Congrats on the rig. It always takes a little time to get it set up the way you like it. $50 for a half tank of fuel huh? I'd take that, it costs me $125+ to get that done. Most stations will let you get only $75 at a time so I have to swipe the card twice. Its still worth it to me though, I'd rather do that than stay home.
Poptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:32 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
i'm still working on winter-and weather-izing her. Got the left side damage taped up, and the right side covered with plastic. Should last the winter. I hope. Also winterized the plumbing system today.

As for the gas, I am used to filling up my 10 gallon tank every 2-1/2 weeks, whether it needs it or not. BTW, I drive a Honda Insight (original version) that gets me about 75 mpg on a rear-round basis. 55 gallons for a long day of driving will be a bit different.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:33 AM   #6

Congrats on your new rig! If it makes you feel better, I own a boat that gets .5 mpg! I hope you have many years and safe miles ahead!
srrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:50 AM   #7

May I ask what happen to the front area of the upper bunk?
Old 11-29-2010, 08:16 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
thanks srrobe. yeah, i always figure a day of boating costs me between 6 and 12 gallons of gas. and don't even ask about the cost of fish per pound!

m73man: the ex-owner got caught in the remains of a hurricane out west somewhere. it peeled back both sides of the cabover, and it got wet. one side lost the outer layer, but the other side is still there. the left side is taped back in place for the winter. it should be waterproof and drivable at this point. I need to cut a piece of fiberglass or aluminum for the right side, but for now it has a plastic sheet taped over it. not drivable, but waterproof.

thanks all for the nice welcome! very nice site and folks here.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:27 AM   #9

Heck... I'd say you got a good deal... I'm sure with a bit of time in the spring you'll get that all fixed up...
Old 11-29-2010, 08:32 AM   #10

W4MBG, Welcome to the forum. I would make one suggestion for winterizing. As painful as it might be, you should top off the fuel tank and add Sta-bil if it is going to sit for a few months. Will keep condensation from forming and accumulating in the tank and the Sta-bil will keep the fuel fresh.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #11

W4MBG, Beautiful new toy. many happy trouble free trips ahead of you...
travelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
John: yeah, the ex-owner kept her filled up all the time. well, not *all* the time. gotta burn some of it to have fun, right? anyway, i plan to drive it to work soon and grab some gas on the way home. its cheaper near work than near home. thanks for the tip.

t-girl: thanks for the welcome.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #13

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
With a little work you should be ok. I rather pay the fuel bill, than stay in a motel any day. If you not going to be driving it much this winter be sure to put some Stabill or some kind of gas additive. With the alcohol the gas goes bad fast now days.
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I figure I will take her to work about once a month, and run the generator as well.