Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #1

Our New TT (Crazy Story)

Well here you are, Our recently acquired TT.

There is a story behind this purchase that will sound both unbelievable but also crazy however I assure you it's 100% truth and proves if your persistent you will prevail.

So last year my wife and I go out looking at Travel trailers...We must of looked at 100 with my wife only really liking 2 or 3 of the floor plans. It was a very frustrating time for me because she is VERY indecisive and I just wanted to buy something already.

We stumbled upon a new 2011 Holiday Rambler Mintaro 32RLS at a local new RV dealership.... My wife fell in love with the twin slides in the living room so we inquired on purchasing it that day. The dealer said the price on the unit was $21,299 with an MSRP of $29,677, But he couldn't sell it right away because it was going to the big RV supershow at the fairgrounds later that afternoon. (It was the only one he had of that model) He went on to tell us we could go over to the fairgrounds that weekend and buy it from there.

So the next day we headed over to the fairgrounds, 60 miles away. We walked around looking at all the different models and floor plans not finding anything else she liked so we went back to the Holiday Rambler and begun the purchase paperwork. Now the price has jumped to $27,500 at this "So-Called fair grounds SALE" I got angry at the jump in price over what the dealer told me just one day earlier on his lot so we leave. He tells me he'll call me if it doesnt sell at the "Sale"

We left!

Three days later (Wednesday) a salesman from the dealer calls me at work to let me know that the unit didn't sell at the sale and is now back on the lot here locally. I explained to him that I am not very happy with the price increase at the sale and he told me that they have to do that to recoup their costs for participating in the big RV fair ground sales...
Regardless it isn't good business in my opinion.

He tells me they will let me have it for 19,900 if I still want it. So the following Saturday my wife and I went over to buy it.... We get there and find out they sold it yesterday, Friday.

By now, we're over this TT purchase and ready to just move on.

So fast forward a year and I'm looking through the RV trader when what do I see..... The same exact TT we tried/wanted to buy one year ago. I was able to verify the VIN from the Buyers order still in my email from a year earlier....
I'm thinking....Now how Ironic is this.

The people that purchased it on that Friday, 11 months ago, traded it in to the RV Dealership right next door to where they bought it from. I was able to talk to the people and they confirmed they only used it 4 times for a total of 9 days..... It is still pretty much brand new.

So I now have the TT we wanted so bad 11 months ago.... It's crazy how things work out but the best part of all..... It's absolutely crazy what just a year does..... I just bought it for $13,000!!!!! 11 months ago it was $20,000.

FX2Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #2

Carolina Campers
That is great! I like to see someone get a great deal simply for procrastination!

Old 05-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #3

What a great story and how scummy of that original dealer, but i have always heard that things work out for the best and in your case it certainly did and with a great savings, the double slides, opposing do make it spacious. It is a beautiful trailer. Did the first couple say why they traded it.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
That is great! I like to see someone get a great deal simply for procrastination!
Thank you. Yep, waiting 11 months truly paid off this time around with a big savings... The way I look at it, that $6,000 I saved over the price 11 months ago was probably a year or two of payments I don't have to make now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faye View Post
What a great story and how scummy of that original dealer, but i have always heard that things work out for the best and in your case it certainly did and with a great savings, the double slides, opposing do make it spacious. It is a beautiful trailer. Did the first couple say why they traded it.
Thank you.

We love the double slides. It really makes it feel much bigger then it really is. We just returned from staying in it for 15 days and it was absolutely wonderful. Never once did anyone complain about being cramped and there were 5 of us sleeping in it.

The couple told me that they previously had a really old 5er and they preferred the additional room and better towing of a 5er... They traded mine in on a used 5er. I couldn't see where they gained any additional room in their new one but they said it was bigger inside.

Nice couple... It was a pleasure to meet them.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great looking unit.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #6

I experienced the same thing with the "RV Show Sales Price" once. I looked at a fifth wheel at the RV show and was pretty interested in it. The salesman told me the price was a show sale price only and would change after the show so I'd better hurry up and buy it. I got home and looked it up on their website and it was about $3,000.00 cheaper there.
So much for RV Show special sales prices.
Good for you, getting what you want and saving a bundle.....
Old 05-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
Great looking unit.

Thank you!

I hope to learn allot and share what I know with the forum.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Great looking rig! Congrats.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HicksRA View Post
I experienced the same thing with the "RV Show Sales Price" once. I looked at a fifth wheel at the RV show and was pretty interested in it. The salesman told me the price was a show sale price only and would change after the show so I'd better hurry up and buy it. I got home and looked it up on their website and it was about $3,000.00 cheaper there.
So much for RV Show special sales prices.
Good for you, getting what you want and saving a bundle.....
The RV "Supershow" Sales gimmicks were explained to me by the dealer I purchased my unit from. They do not participate in the RV shows because they feel the products speak for themselves. They don't need to pay to be in a "Supershow" to move product as he put it....

Who knows.... I'm just glad we have our unit now.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Great looking rig! Congrats.
Thank you
Old 05-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Great floorplan!

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
Great floorplan!
thank you. yes, we really like it.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome and glad to meet you!

Enjoy that "hard won" TT. You earned it.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #14

RV dealerships are kind of like a time machine. Walking into one is like going back in time to the way car dealers used to operate in the '60s. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices are a joke, snaky trade in policies, even worse F&I scams, and of course creepy stuff like the OP experienced.

jmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote