Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomansland View Post
Not all beer and skittles quite yet. We have a few quality control issues that are very discouraging as we feel they really should have been caught by the dealer.
The rig is gorgeous though.
What kind of issues are you having?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #16

We just purchased a View Profile and also experienced some qulity issues that the dealer missed.....would you mind sharing what you experienced. On ours one of the slide out gears was broken resulting in a complete replacement by the dealer,
the table post was out of round and would wobble, a clip for the bar that holds the door open was broken, and a cabinet door was horribly out of alignment.....all fixed now and love the coach but...you'd think Winnebago would do better.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quality issues

After our first washing of the rig we saw white overspray on the darker colors that had been clear coated over. Had peeling paint around the front bumper step and several areas where someone got overzealous with a polisher and scratched the paint. I have not seen the rig yet supposedly that work is done. The dealer has had the rig for 4 weeks.
On a labor day outing I happened to notice that both front mud guards were loose and in one case hanging by a thread with the one of the fasteners missing. Seems they were over torqued. Used duct tape to get me home or would have lost at least one of them on the highway.
Winnebago balked at fixing the puckered fabric seams on the passenger seat. They wanted a local upholster to repair it. i said no way. I had to tell the dealer
(General RV in Wixom) what I wanted them to do as they did nothing proactive on my behalf. They seem to accept whatever Winnebago says. Finally agreed to replace the armrest and headrest in question. Two weeks out for parts. Had to tell them to go back and see about expediting parts. Still waiting for answer.
I asked the dealer to rob parts off a unit in inventory and they said absolutely not. So I'm looking at about 5 weeks, maybe six before I get my rig back. Could have picked it up a week ago then made 2 more trips up and back (6 hours) to drop the thing off and pick it up again to have the parts installed.
Very disappointed in General RV and Winnebago. I'm giving you the short version of the story.
Honestly look forward to the day I can use an independent outfit and can thumb my nose at Winnebago and the dealer.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #18

I bought my 2013 SportsCoach from General RV IN Huntely, IL.

Worst Dealer Prep I have ever seen on anything I have ever bought. I have bought cars, trucks, snowmobiles, motorcycles, boats, and planes.

I made the mistake of flying in and taking off the same day. I should have stayed a few days.

Never again.
Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Dealer prep.

Yup dealer prep is a joke. The salesman gave me this BS about they assign a technician who spends 2 days going through everything stem to stern, testing every system, blah, blah , blah. There is no way anyone spent 2 days with this thing. The guy that checked us out said he has to do some sort of pressure test on the house and take a picture of the gauge to send to Winnebago. Don't know about that.
When I talked to the guys at Leisure Travel vans regarding their Libero ( a great unit by the way, fit and finish impeccable). They said they do almost no dealer prep, the factory does it. They take the plastic off, wash and wax and check all fluids that's about it. A well made unit really shouldn't require much more then that.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #20

Just a partial list of things that should have been dealer prepped:

Refrig condensate drain hose was taped shut and taped up in the coil.

Right rear inside tire was 30 lbs lower than the others.

Rear speakers from the dash radio weren't hioked up.

Dash air completely inop, final diagnosis was the connection that Freightliner sets up for the Coach mfg to connect to was cross threaded and completely mangled.

Front marker lights in the headlight assemblies were not hooked up (Wires just dangling).

There is more... Just don't have the energy to type it.

All fixed now though... Prepping the coach for a run to New England next week!
Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #21

Is the 77584 the price ?

Tags
winnebago