Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2014, 11:14 AM   #1

Our Super C

We've owned this for some time, so perhaps it doesn't fit the "New Rig Show-Off" thread, but oh well. After many years of owning many different rigs, we finally got the perfect (for us) rig. Unfortunately, do to another home purchase (it's complicated....really complicated), we may end up selling our rig (in hopes of being able to find another one in a couple of years). But, as of now it's ours and we love to use it and with the RV market such that it is, we'll most likely continue to own it. If you ever get a chance to get a RV that is based on a Ford F-550 chassis (as opposed to a van chassis), I'd highly recommend it. The difference between a truck chassis and a van cutaway chassis is like night and day. The F-550 turns on a dime, has more room, is quieter, is much stronger, and so on. Much of the ride comfort probably has to do with the Ultra Ride rear suspension (all air, no leaf springs, you know, like big rigs). It's amazing how easy it is to maneuver a crowded parking lot with this rig as the F550 turns so sharp. Perhaps with the pending demise of the E-Series, RV companies will figure this out and start building more F550-based rigs. Ya, probably not. Anyway, with that, here's our rig (30'11" length, 102" width):

Very aerodynamic. This has air-sealed slides. Love this feature. No slide toppers or unsightly wipers, but more importantly, it creates a serious seal. Nice and sleek.

Another reason I love the air-sealed slides. Very sano.

Cherry wood throughout (not a single piece of vinyl covered luan to be found). If it isn't cherry, then it's optima leather on the remaining walls and ceiling.

This is some smart engineering: The raised panel solid cherry door for the bathroom, opens up, and locks open, for shower and bedroom privacy. One door pulls double duty. Yes, for you low-brow types, like me, there's a pun buried in there.

Perhaps my favorite feature

Converts to a bed

Moen sinks and faucets (I found that Moen facet at Home Depot and it was over $300. We don't have a $300 faucet in our house). They really went over the top with the features.

A second TV in the bedroom. This is a 12v LED TV. Since the DirecTV system (in-motion) is 12v as well, a person could watch HBO going down the interstate w/out having to run the genny or inverter. We don't use this TV, so it's wasted on us, but kinda cool regardless.

Love this Girard boxed awning. It's huge, remote controlled, automatically retracts if the wind picks up too much, and no down supports. Don't see a lot of tall bus style curved doors on RVs. Inside, there's an air-actuated stepwell cover that covers the stepwell when inside (creates even more room and you don't fall into the stepwell).

Works well up at our local ski resort too.

Well, don't want to be too much of a thread hog. Looking forward to another weekend of RVing.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nice looking rig!
Old 04-03-2014, 02:59 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I like it and its a Ford Looks like a lot of room on the inside.
Thanks for sharing, Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:02 PM   #4

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2014, 03:11 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Nice "C" looks like lots of room inside!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:20 PM   #6

Thanks. Even when closed up it has plenty of room, which is great when we're camping and it's snowing.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
That's nice lookin! I bet it's fun to drive.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:35 PM   #8

Thank you. It's really easy to drive. Easier than anything we've owned prior, or my in-laws' RVs. The in-laws are jealous, so I consider that a win.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #9

There are four of us, so the way we work it is the teenager daughter gets the converted horseshoe dining area (makes a semi-circular bed that even Austin Powers would appreciate) and her brother crashes out on a cot set up along side it. Leaves plenty of room to get around, if need be, and only takes a moment to set up. Still, I'm kind of half considering making a slide-in bunk in the dining area. These people didn't skimp on the steel (they build limo buses), so there is plenty of welded steel square tubing in the slide out (heck the shell is made with 1"x1" welded steel square tubing). I could make a pair of nice cherry rails that match the rest of the woodwork (yup, I'd have to dig out my router) and make a two-piece slide in bunk for The Boy about half way up. I could store it in the bedroom, out of the way, when not in use. Ah, probably not. I like the way we do it now.

Oh yea, I forgot, it has one of these too:

Old 04-04-2014, 05:52 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Nice looking Super C!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #11

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2014, 10:39 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deminimis View Post
Thanks!
Nice rig. I have a friend who is looking for a smaller coach. She will be happy to see the photographs you have posted. Best wishes and many happy journeys in you Super C.
RV4Me4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:17 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Nice rig...

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:23 AM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
deminimis,
Could you give me a ball park price? if not that's cool. By the way you don't say where you and wifeie sleep,
Thanks, Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote