Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-15-2016, 06:19 PM   #15

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Pic

Trying to figure IRV2 out o upload a pic
Attached Images

2012 Honda CR-V AWD under 4000 lbs
RV-Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2016, 06:30 PM   #16

Another Pic

Pic 2
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2016, 06:32 PM   #17

Pic 3
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2016, 06:33 PM   #18

Pic 4
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2016, 06:35 PM   #19

Pic 5
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2016, 06:36 PM   #20

Last one
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2016, 06:38 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you go to advanced when posting and click on for each picture instead of attachments you can post more than one picture in a post.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:54 PM   #22

Thanks - let me try that ........... well, it only wants a url. Don't see an advanced section either. Wonder if it my iPad giving me grief
Old 10-15-2016, 07:22 PM   #23
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Are you using an app, there's no end of things that don't work when you do. You should see advanced at the bottom of the text box, it would show as Post Quick Reply on the left of center and Go Advance right of center.

I mostly use an iPad but sign in using Safari rather than the app for the full iRV2 site.

I see in the advance mode that the picture box is the one that wants a URL just be sure you erase the http already showing in the pop up box so nothing is in the box when you paste in the picture URL.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:38 PM   #24

A couple of things, not sure how important. Certainly not wanting to poop on your parade, but sitting here with my mouth shut doesn't sound like a very good plan either.

First, I would confirm the tow capacity. Ours, which is a near twin to the one you're talking about (and the one Bruceisla had), is rated at 4k. Yours might be 10k, but I'd want to know for sure prior to towing an Envoy. Knowing ours as I do, I'd want that assurance in writing. If you have the inclination to get down and look yourself, ours still has the rating tag right on the hitch.

Second, Endeavors, to my knowledge, have aluminum roofs (not fiberglass). Again, not sure how important that is, as the alum. has a great design with a great track record. Check the 4 corners, where the roof metal wraps over the side and joins the front and rear caps. Both the one Bruceisla had, and ours (which are twins) had a little trouble there, resulting in the metal pulling loose right there. While you're at it, you might have a look at the bottom corners of the windshield as well. If they're all gobbed up with silicone, the glass is going to need to be reset at minimum.

Last, you mentioned an amount you need to get financing for. Assuming you're paying that or more for it, you might want to do some investigating regarding what other Endeavors like this are selling for. We paid considerably less than that 5 years ago.... and it was a clean low mileage (47k) coach as well - w/50 hours on the gen set.

Maybe note worthy as well (your call), the shiny finish on the MH could be a commercial floor wax. that was known as Red Max Pro, now called something else that escapes me. There's much written on the topic and you can look into that if you like. I mention it here in case you're of the notion that finish adds some value to this coach. If it does, it shouldn't be much. You could do this yourself in a matter of a few hours. My experience with it, in long term exposure to the sun, has been mixed at best.

Again, not trying to poop on a parade, just provide a heads up. -Al
Old 10-15-2016, 08:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
A couple of things, not sure how important. Certainly not wanting to poop on your parade, but sitting here with my mouth shut doesn't sound like a very good plan either.

First, I would confirm the tow capacity. Ours, which is a near twin to the one you're talking about (and the one Bruceisla had), is rated at 4k. Yours might be 10k, but I'd want to know for sure prior to towing an Envoy. Knowing ours as I do, I'd want that assurance in writing. If you have the inclination to get down and look yourself, ours still has the rating tag right on the hitch.

Second, Endeavors, to my knowledge, have aluminum roofs (not fiberglass). Again, not sure how important that is, as the alum. has a great design with a great track record. Check the 4 corners, where the roof metal wraps over the side and joins the front and rear caps. Both the one Bruceisla had, and ours (which are twins) had a little trouble there, resulting in the metal pulling loose right there. While you're at it, you might have a look at the bottom corners of the windshield as well. If they're all gobbed up with silicone, the glass is going to need to be reset at minimum.

Last, you mentioned an amount you need to get financing for. Assuming you're paying that or more for it, you might want to do some investigating regarding what other Endeavors like this are selling for. We paid considerably less than that 5 years ago.... and it was a clean low mileage (47k) coach as well - w/50 hours on the gen set.

Maybe note worthy as well (your call), the shiny finish on the MH could be a commercial floor wax. that was known as Red Max Pro, now called something else that escapes me. There's much written on the topic and you can look into that if you like. I mention it here in case you're of the notion that finish adds some value to this coach. If it does, it shouldn't be much. You could do this yourself in a matter of a few hours. My experience with it, in long term exposure to the sun, has been mixed at best.

Again, not trying to poop on a parade, just provide a heads up. -Al
Thank you - I greatly appreciate the information. We get excited and end up paying more than we should - so poop away

I looked much closer today. I think you are right. I know they replaced a couple of the lower decals as the uppers are not nearly as well defined. I will ask him again tomorrow for sure.

I still have to inspect the roof. They keep telling me it is fiberglass.

I know they totally replaced the carpet, new tires, not sure of batteries yet. Tv's are new flat screens. Satellite receiver for direct tv. Inside looks completely new and they haven't done a full detail of it yet.

If the inspection comes back clear from the truck shop on the mechanicals I would be satisfied on the price. If it needs work like brakes and steering components I will have to get some concessions. I guess value is what we place on them in the end

If sale goes through, I will be spending time in their campground getting some things looked at and learning about my coach more.i do have a question - and this shows the sales guy may not know as much as he leads me to believe - but he said it has air ride.

I saw the air gauge today and it is at about 120-130lbs steady. I did not see a dump switch. So am I right in assuming this has air bags not adjustable but always full up? Seems a lot of room under the rig to crawl around. But afraid to crawl under not fully understanding the system. Does it have air brakes? I saw the exhaust brake switch.

I will have to verify the hitch rating. He kept telling me 10k but no plate I can find.
Thanks
Old 10-15-2016, 08:04 PM   #26

Thanks - I see that option when doing a quick reply but not when doing an initial post. Weird
Old 10-15-2016, 08:20 PM   #27

Yes, it's riding on an air bag in each corner, the dump valve is on the control panel for the jacks. Our panel is on the floor, just to the left of the driver's seat. Key must be in accessory, and panel needs to be powered up for the switch to work. 120-130 is about right, though it might drop to 100 psi occasionally on the road.

If you're climbing up on the roof, have a look at the shower skylight. If it looks weathered it's very likely that it's cracked and will need replacement soon. From the inside, look to see if the inner liner for it has evidence of water having been in it. That's almost a sure sign the outer is cracked.

Also, you haven't mentioned the age of the tires? Those are generally replaced soon after their 8th birthday. Blowing a tire on something like this is not going to be a good experience.... especially a front one.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
Yes, it's riding on an air bag in each corner, the dump valve is on the control panel for the jacks. Our panel is on the floor, just to the left of the driver's seat. Key must be in accessory, and panel needs to be powered up for the switch to work. 120-130 is about right, though it might drop to 100 psi occasionally on the road.

Thank you so much for the help. To be honest, I didn't see the leveler switches either. Will have to look closer. Switches are all over the place on this rig. No centralization it seems.

If you're climbing up on the roof, have a look at the shower skylight. If it looks weathered it's very likely that it's cracked and will need replacement soon. From the inside, look to see if the inner liner for it has evidence of water having been in it. That's almost a sure sign the outer is cracked.

sure will. They have a vent cover then a bigger box over the top of that. I wish I could find the manuals and brochures for this specific rig. Really need to study them. There is a box full in one of the closets but didn't get a chance to look at it today.

Also, you haven't mentioned the age of the tires? Those are generally replaced soon after their 8th birthday. Blowing a tire on something like this is not going to be a good experience.... especially a front one.
Look to be brand new michellins. Can't find the Dot code - why do they always get put on the inside tire walls and not on both sides? SUPPOSED to be brand new.

They are supposed to replace belts etc... I don't envy trying to work on these myself until I figure out how to get around the rear radiator.

Tags
holiday rambler, led