Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2016, 11:30 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Pulled the trigger! 2016 Fleetwood Southwind 34A

Well we did it! We decided on a brand new 2016 Fleetwood Southwind 34A. I'll be flying to FL from NJ in a couple of weeks to pick her up! She'll be prepped, and resting for a few weeks, then it's a cross-country trip to Burning Man at the end of August. After that, we'll take some time to do some modifications, get all of our ducks in a row, and will be full-timing beginning this winter. It's looking like we're going to be starting in Florida and heading west from there.

Thanks to the folks in my other threads for helping while I was doing my shopping.

Without any further ado... Say hello to Doris! (where are my Almost Famous fans?)

Swan-Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2016, 11:41 PM   #2

Congratulations! Looks sweet!
Old 07-02-2016, 09:17 AM   #3

Have you test driven it? If not do not sign on the dotted line until you have. Make sure when you are going down the road the wheel is straight. Once you take it off the lot there is NO WARRANTY on the alignment. The coach was aligned by Fleetwood after it was assembled at their factory but I've seen delivery drivers mess that up. Let me know if you'ld like a copy of a good pre delivery checklist to help you inspect it.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:20 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Beautiful ? All the best with it.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:24 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Congrats on the new coach - looks BEAUTIFUL!. But Burning Man? Wow! Not sure how many other folks no the deal on this but it is one big PARTY in the middle of nowhere desert that suddenly sprouts a city of thousands. Enjoy but wow - be careful

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:18 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Some good advice from a service manager. If this is all new to you, MAKE time to overnight at the dealership or a campground close by. If you have any problems they should be able to help you. Before you sign on the dotted line, I would make a deal that they will allow you to come in the next day to correct any problems. It is true that the dealers in your state will work on the unit, However you will be put at the back of the line.
Old 07-02-2016, 04:02 PM   #7

Very nice look at her shine, helloooooo Doris .
Old 07-02-2016, 10:42 PM   #8

For Burning Man see blog Gone with the Wynn's on how to prep your rig to keep out the dirt. If not you will have a mess for years 😖 They have other posts on BM...

1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:42 AM   #9

Sweeeeet. Enjoy
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:16 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan-Bull View Post
Well we did it! We decided on a brand new 2016 Fleetwood Southwind 34A. I'll be flying to FL from NJ in a couple of weeks to pick her up! She'll be prepped, and resting for a few weeks, then it's a cross-country trip to Burning Man at the end of August. After that, we'll take some time to do some modifications, get all of our ducks in a row, and will be full-timing beginning this winter. It's looking like we're going to be starting in Florida and heading west from there.

Thanks to the folks in my other threads for helping while I was doing my shopping.

Without any further ado... Say hello to Doris! (where are my Almost Famous fans?)

Man that thing's sharp!! I think you made the right choice!
Congrats
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:47 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks everyone! We're very excited! The dealer we purchased from is LaMesa. If you have any specific tips or comments on them, I'd be glad to hear them. Here are some responses to the replies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Have you test driven it? If not do not sign on the dotted line until you have. Make sure when you are going down the road the wheel is straight. Once you take it off the lot there is NO WARRANTY on the alignment. The coach was aligned by Fleetwood after it was assembled at their factory but I've seen delivery drivers mess that up. Let me know if you'ld like a copy of a good pre delivery checklist to help you inspect it.
I have not test driven it yet, but have made it very clear to the dealer that if anything is not as described or expected, that the deal will be off. Good info on the alignment. This isn't something that I would have thought of! I would definitely appreciate a pre-delivery checklist. I've downloaded one from here before, but yours might be different, so feel free to send it over! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Congrats on the new coach - looks BEAUTIFUL!. But Burning Man? Wow! Not sure how many other folks no the deal on this but it is one big PARTY in the middle of nowhere desert that suddenly sprouts a city of thousands. Enjoy but wow - be careful
This will actually be my second year at BM! It is definitely pretty wild, but it is the experience of a lifetime! I would recommend it to anyone, any age, any walk of life. Definitely stepping my game up though with an RV this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
Some good advice from a service manager. If this is all new to you, MAKE time to overnight at the dealership or a campground close by. If you have any problems they should be able to help you. Before you sign on the dotted line, I would make a deal that they will allow you to come in the next day to correct any problems. It is true that the dealers in your state will work on the unit, However you will be put at the back of the line.
Absolutely. They've offered to pay for one night at a campground next door. I will likely stay a few days to make sure everything is up to snuff. Is there anything I should get in writing somewhere about things being fixed right away? Can this be written on the invoice or something somewhere? I haven't signed anything yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBilly View Post
For Burning Man see blog Gone with the Wynn's on how to prep your rig to keep out the dirt. If not you will have a mess for years 😖 They have other posts on BM...

1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜
I already have a huge list of things I need to do to her before she gets all dusty in the desert! The Wynn's are definitely a big source for me so far. The BM community is really active online as well so there are other sources like reddit and eplaya. I'm definitely nervous about taking my brand new home to the desert, but what good is it if you dont use it?!?!

Again, thanks for the replies everyone! I'm very excited to be part of this community!
Old 07-05-2016, 01:00 PM   #12

here's the checklist
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PDI Checklist.pdf (75.0 KB, 61 views)
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:30 AM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
Swan-Bull - we blunder through the area about 3 years back. It is an amazing phenomenon. Sort of like Woodstock on steroids in the desert! Have fun!

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:27 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well thanks for all the love everyone, but the deal fell through on the Southwind. Ended up going with a Bounder and you can see her here: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f58/ok-so...ad-301307.html

Tags
fleetwood, led, southwind