Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:46 PM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
I have observed if your speed is with traffic flow and you leave a space it will constantly get filled in if you slow down to open up the correct gap.

I have observed if your speed is slightly higher than traffic flow the gap will continually close until you pass the slower vehicle. Then the process repeats.

I have observed if your speed is about 5 less than traffic flow vehicles will fill the gap but as they are travelling faster the gap will soon open up again and get filled in.

I prefer to travel about 5 less than traffic flow. I arrive less stressed at my destination and I have not used as much fuel.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2014, 04:24 PM   #58

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
I seen the slave and water reels you have. Did those come w/ the unit or did you add it. We a 07 36Z and what you have or have done looks like it makes life easier. Thanks Bill

Old 06-19-2014, 10:05 PM   #59

Send a message via Skype™ to Britexan
I am British and new to RVing. I have been working in Saudi Arabia for twenty years and am getting used to the way Americans drive, I am sorry to say in the Houston and East Texas areas my verdict is not very good. However, to the point, I was taught to drive 30 years ago and that every 10 seconds you should check all 3 mirrors and your instrument cluster. (this is in a car). This rule I have stuck to and has saved me many a troublesome time. I am constantly aware of what is going on all around me. it's a simple rule that more drivers could do with following.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:01 AM   #60

Fleetwood Owners Club
Texas Driving

I have recently had the opportunity to drive in Texas and, Britexan, you have no need to apologize for your poor grade of Texas drivers. I was driving a car in Dallas and felt like I was qualifying for NASCAR!! I don't normally drive fast, but you get caught up in that wave of vehicles and you really have to maintain with everyone or get run over! Between the traffic and the construction, you can keep Dallas!
Old 08-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #61

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sorry for the editorial!!
Old 08-10-2014, 09:18 AM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
RV School Click on "Training" then Locations.
Twomed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:44 AM   #63

If you don't like driving in Dallas, then for sure avoid Los Angeles, they're the worst drivers I've ever experienced.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:24 PM   #64
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
New driving video's added, thanks to cavedrv.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:52 PM   #65

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
When I click on Cavedvr's video's at the beginning of this post, I get error message saying the video's are private. I can't view the video's. Anyone else having this problem, or suggestion as to how to get around this problem?
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:40 AM   #66
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
DaveB checking it out.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:57 PM   #67

I will be picking up my 2004 Class A Pace Arrow in May and driving it to Alaska for the first time. I like the lane marker idea. Where did you place them (On the windshield? or Dash?) How did you measure to make sure they were in the right place for your rig? Could you please post a picture? That would be very helpful and appreciated.
An Charad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 07:54 AM   #68

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Charad View Post
I will be picking up my 2004 Class A Pace Arrow in May and driving it to Alaska for the first time. I like the lane marker idea. Where did you place them (On the windshield? or Dash?) How did you measure to make sure they were in the right place for your rig? Could you please post a picture? That would be very helpful and appreciated.
IMO using dots placed on the windshield is good for slow speed maneuvering but will possibly cause wandering at highway speeds.

The best way to drive on the highway is to look "down" the road and steer so the drivers seat is centered in the left wheel path in the lane. You will see that you are about centered if you look in the rear view mirrors occasionally.

It will appear for the first while that you are too far to the left but you will be centered in the lane.