Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2016, 07:22 PM   #15

Thats a classic
doglover44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2016, 09:00 PM   #16

That is a beautiful coach. I know that coach - I almost bought that coach but my better half reminded me I bought a new trailer less than 2 years ago and we don't retire for 9 years. I hope you enjoy many years with her. I would enjoy seeing what you do on your remodel.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:40 AM   #17

Thank you gentlemen.

Ten year rule in some parks IS stupid, however........wife and I don't stay at any parks. We dislike crowds, and rules especially (after 20+ years in uniform, I HATE other people's rules!). I make my own rules, and my #1 rule is "Don't ever do something to others, what you don't want to be done to you."

"Live and let live" is another, but if the time is such,......go for the jugular.

We stay in State Parks, State Beaches, and always boondocking, unless we are visiting friends in other states, and hook up at their house. When we started RVing (recently), it took some time for the friends to accept that we will rather sleep in our coach, than in their guest room.

We also travel with a pack of dogs (professionally trained, and well behaved), and when we had the idea to visit an RV park on the beach (we live at 3K elevation in San Bernardino mountains on 140 acres, so CA beaches are still attractive to us), they all told us that our dogs are on the "dangerous breed list", and have to be muzzled when out of RV (we never muzzle them.....what's the point, they are guard dogs). We have German Shepherds (2), and one Alsakan Malamute. So no RV parks for us.

This coach will do for us, until we are ready to pony up more cash for Prevost (in couple years). And again, we will be looking for a vintage one (no laminate inside!!). Since I am hopelessly OCD (according to my wife), all of my possessions are always in the MINT condition, I never have any trouble selling any of my vehicles (mostly to friends). This particular coach already has two friends "fighting" over it.

"Bikerdave"........did you talk to Sully in Albuquerque, or the people in La Mesa? In any case,....you missed on the fabulous coach. She is everything she looks to be, and then some. The only other one that "turned me on" so much was the Linden Prevost sold by "Legacy Coach" in Texas. Just for your pleasure, I'll post couple of pics of the Linden. They wanted 85K for it, and since there is no financing, I was not ready to liquidate some of my long term investments (with penalty), to get her. I'll never forget that Prevost.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1990prevostlindenxl_legacy1117-07.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	117687   Click image for larger version

Name:	1990prevostlindenxl_legacy1117-06.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	117688  

Danielsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:59 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielsand View Post
Thank you gentlemen.

Ten year rule in some parks IS stupid, however........wife and I don't stay at any parks. We dislike crowds, and rules especially (after 20+ years in uniform, I HATE other people's rules!). I make my own rules, and my #1 rule is "Don't ever do something to others, what you don't want to be done to you."

"Live and let live" is another, but if the time is such,......go for the jugular.

We stay in State Parks, State Beaches, and always boondocking, unless we are visiting friends in other states, and hook up at their house. When we started RVing (recently), it took some time for the friends to accept that we will rather sleep in our coach, than in their guest room.

We also travel with a pack of dogs (professionally trained, and well behaved), and when we had the idea to visit an RV park on the beach (we live at 3K elevation in San Bernardino mountains on 140 acres, so CA beaches are still attractive to us), they all told us that our dogs are on the "dangerous breed list", and have to be muzzled when out of RV (we never muzzle them.....what's the point, they are guard dogs). We have German Shepherds (2), and one Alsakan Malamute. So no RV parks for us.

This coach will do for us, until we are ready to pony up more cash for Prevost (in couple years). And again, we will be looking for a vintage one (no laminate inside!!). Since I am hopelessly OCD (according to my wife), all of my possessions are always in the MINT condition, I never have any trouble selling any of my vehicles (mostly to friends). This particular coach already has two friends "fighting" over it.

"Bikerdave"........did you talk to Sully in Albuquerque, or the people in La Mesa? In any case,....you missed on the fabulous coach. She is everything she looks to be, and then some. The only other one that "turned me on" so much was the Linden Prevost sold by "Legacy Coach" in Texas. Just for your pleasure, I'll post couple of pics of the Linden. They wanted 85K for it, and since there is no financing, I was not ready to liquidate some of my long term investments (with penalty), to get her. I'll never forget that Prevost.
I see where you are coming from in regards to the Prevost. That thing is beautiful and a classic indeed. If I had the room for that monster I would be taking a serious look at it but for now we are happy. I am very familiar with San Berdu area where you live and it sounds like you have a nice place.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:43 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
I see where you are coming from in regards to the Prevost. That thing is beautiful and a classic indeed. If I had the room for that monster I would be taking a serious look at it but for now we are happy. I am very familiar with San Berdu area where you live and it sounds like you have a nice place.
I am about 25 miles east of SB, up on the mountain north of I-10. The area is called "San Gorgonio Pass".

Linden went to the new owner about three weeks ago, and I wish we dropped some of our stock to get it. But I'm hoping another one like that will pop up in the future. In the meantime........we are THRILLED with Prima Vista! Since Mitchell and Prevost had a nice cooperation going, 1995 Prima Vista is very close in interior decorating/materials/craftmanship to early 90s Prevost. The "only" things I'm missing is stainless/riveted skin, and a tag axle!
Old 02-01-2016, 01:41 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to Wild Bill Ed Send a message via Yahoo to Wild Bill Ed
Wow,

b
ATV, & an Old Town Kevlar Canoe, Solar Promoter, Generator delete, Dry Camper
Wild Bill Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:52 PM   #21

Very nice. Shows what was possible before slid outs.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:21 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
Very nice. Shows what was possible before slid outs.
Wife was seriously advocating for few slides. I talked to many RV owners, and most told me one thing,.......slides either leak, or will leak (open or closed) in the future. Besides that, it's extra work to do if something goes wrong. It's nice to have them when they work, but major pain when they malfunction. Since I am totally committed DIY type, .......less potential problems, and less headache is what I prefer.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:31 PM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
the wood looks fantastic for the age of the coach. the previous folks really cared for her inerds pretty nice. I dig the tv on the floor

reallly a great looking coach
thanks for sharing
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:05 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
That is a really nice ride. No slides here on the wide body and don't miss them a bit. These older coaches had the pride of good workmanship at every turn. Best part of all is the real wood used on all of the cabinet work. ENJOY!
Dan Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:43 PM   #25

Awesome classic rig. Would have looked for one, if I knew Vogue existed when I was looking 😜 Love the wood! Enjoy your coach!

1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:02 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Truly a great looking coach !
Old 02-03-2016, 08:57 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
the wood looks fantastic for the age of the coach. the previous folks really cared for her inerds pretty nice. I dig the tv on the floor

reallly a great looking coach
thanks for sharing
I'll post some pics when I'm done with the outside. But you should see the wood now! Pics I posted were the ones I copied from the dealer, when he posted the coach for sale. We spent two days "massaging" the wood with Murphy's, and then with orange oil. It soaked a lot of it in, and the wood looks like new. TV on the floor is coming out, along with the starboard couch. In the place of the TV, a cabinet maker will make a mini bar, and in the place of the couch, there will be the cabinet with motorized 46" flat screen inside. Bedroom TV is also coming out (we don't watch TV in the bedroom), and the cabinet will be redone. Wife hasn't decided yet what she wants in the place of the little tube TV that's in there.

When the couch comes out, "Pergo" flooring will be installed throughout the coach (except the bedroom). I'll do the flooring (used to own flooring company for a while). But I am no cabinet maker, so I had to contract that out. The trick is to find the wood of the same quality/grain, and then stain it, and "age" it to look like the rest. The cabinet maker is the best money can buy in this part of the world, and he assured me that I won't be able to tell the difference. He even sourced the same cabinet hardware that will match the vintage one. It's a fun project, and an easy one to boot. Bounder restoration I did through July and August last year, was a lot of work, but we loved the end result.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:33 AM   #28

Heck yeah, Love it!
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote