Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-28-2016, 08:22 PM   #15
Member
 
doglover44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 48
Thats a classic
__________________

__________________
doglover44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2016, 10:00 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 170
That is a beautiful coach. I know that coach - I almost bought that coach but my better half reminded me I bought a new trailer less than 2 years ago and we don't retire for 9 years. I hope you enjoy many years with her. I would enjoy seeing what you do on your remodel.
__________________

__________________
2016 Grand Design Solitude 366DEN
2017 Ford F350 Lariat 6.7 4x4 DRW
bikerdavet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:40 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Danielsand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: SoCal
Posts: 186
Thank you gentlemen.

Ten year rule in some parks IS stupid, however........wife and I don't stay at any parks. We dislike crowds, and rules especially (after 20+ years in uniform, I HATE other people's rules!). I make my own rules, and my #1 rule is "Don't ever do something to others, what you don't want to be done to you."

"Live and let live" is another, but if the time is such,......go for the jugular.

We stay in State Parks, State Beaches, and always boondocking, unless we are visiting friends in other states, and hook up at their house. When we started RVing (recently), it took some time for the friends to accept that we will rather sleep in our coach, than in their guest room.

We also travel with a pack of dogs (professionally trained, and well behaved), and when we had the idea to visit an RV park on the beach (we live at 3K elevation in San Bernardino mountains on 140 acres, so CA beaches are still attractive to us), they all told us that our dogs are on the "dangerous breed list", and have to be muzzled when out of RV (we never muzzle them.....what's the point, they are guard dogs). We have German Shepherds (2), and one Alsakan Malamute. So no RV parks for us.

This coach will do for us, until we are ready to pony up more cash for Prevost (in couple years). And again, we will be looking for a vintage one (no laminate inside!!). Since I am hopelessly OCD (according to my wife), all of my possessions are always in the MINT condition, I never have any trouble selling any of my vehicles (mostly to friends). This particular coach already has two friends "fighting" over it.

"Bikerdave"........did you talk to Sully in Albuquerque, or the people in La Mesa? In any case,....you missed on the fabulous coach. She is everything she looks to be, and then some. The only other one that "turned me on" so much was the Linden Prevost sold by "Legacy Coach" in Texas. Just for your pleasure, I'll post couple of pics of the Linden. They wanted 85K for it, and since there is no financing, I was not ready to liquidate some of my long term investments (with penalty), to get her. I'll never forget that Prevost.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1990prevostlindenxl_legacy1117-07.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	117687   Click image for larger version

Name:	1990prevostlindenxl_legacy1117-06.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	117688  

__________________
Danielsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:59 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
530ktm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Northern Arizona
Posts: 1,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielsand View Post
Thank you gentlemen.

Ten year rule in some parks IS stupid, however........wife and I don't stay at any parks. We dislike crowds, and rules especially (after 20+ years in uniform, I HATE other people's rules!). I make my own rules, and my #1 rule is "Don't ever do something to others, what you don't want to be done to you."

"Live and let live" is another, but if the time is such,......go for the jugular.

We stay in State Parks, State Beaches, and always boondocking, unless we are visiting friends in other states, and hook up at their house. When we started RVing (recently), it took some time for the friends to accept that we will rather sleep in our coach, than in their guest room.

We also travel with a pack of dogs (professionally trained, and well behaved), and when we had the idea to visit an RV park on the beach (we live at 3K elevation in San Bernardino mountains on 140 acres, so CA beaches are still attractive to us), they all told us that our dogs are on the "dangerous breed list", and have to be muzzled when out of RV (we never muzzle them.....what's the point, they are guard dogs). We have German Shepherds (2), and one Alsakan Malamute. So no RV parks for us.

This coach will do for us, until we are ready to pony up more cash for Prevost (in couple years). And again, we will be looking for a vintage one (no laminate inside!!). Since I am hopelessly OCD (according to my wife), all of my possessions are always in the MINT condition, I never have any trouble selling any of my vehicles (mostly to friends). This particular coach already has two friends "fighting" over it.

"Bikerdave"........did you talk to Sully in Albuquerque, or the people in La Mesa? In any case,....you missed on the fabulous coach. She is everything she looks to be, and then some. The only other one that "turned me on" so much was the Linden Prevost sold by "Legacy Coach" in Texas. Just for your pleasure, I'll post couple of pics of the Linden. They wanted 85K for it, and since there is no financing, I was not ready to liquidate some of my long term investments (with penalty), to get her. I'll never forget that Prevost.
I see where you are coming from in regards to the Prevost. That thing is beautiful and a classic indeed. If I had the room for that monster I would be taking a serious look at it but for now we are happy. I am very familiar with San Berdu area where you live and it sounds like you have a nice place.
__________________
2014 Itasca Sunova 33C towing a Jeep JK Wrangler
530ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:43 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Danielsand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: SoCal
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
I see where you are coming from in regards to the Prevost. That thing is beautiful and a classic indeed. If I had the room for that monster I would be taking a serious look at it but for now we are happy. I am very familiar with San Berdu area where you live and it sounds like you have a nice place.
I am about 25 miles east of SB, up on the mountain north of I-10. The area is called "San Gorgonio Pass".

Linden went to the new owner about three weeks ago, and I wish we dropped some of our stock to get it. But I'm hoping another one like that will pop up in the future. In the meantime........we are THRILLED with Prima Vista! Since Mitchell and Prevost had a nice cooperation going, 1995 Prima Vista is very close in interior decorating/materials/craftmanship to early 90s Prevost. The "only" things I'm missing is stainless/riveted skin, and a tag axle!
__________________
Danielsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:41 PM   #20
Member
 
Wild Bill Ed's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Denver, Colorado foothills
Posts: 33
Send a message via MSN to Wild Bill Ed Send a message via Yahoo to Wild Bill Ed
Wow,


b
__________________
1999 Safari Continental Panther Gold 425 CAT C12
1965-1970 U.S.Navy Naval Air Helicopter Inst Instr
TrailerToadw/24 ft Feather Lite & 1955 Porsche an
ATV, & an Old Town Kevlar Canoe, Solar Promoter, Generator delete, Dry Camper
Wild Bill Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:52 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
jondrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,841
Very nice. Shows what was possible before slid outs.
__________________
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2014 CRV w/EZ Tow
jondrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 01:21 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Danielsand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: SoCal
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
Very nice. Shows what was possible before slid outs.
Wife was seriously advocating for few slides. I talked to many RV owners, and most told me one thing,.......slides either leak, or will leak (open or closed) in the future. Besides that, it's extra work to do if something goes wrong. It's nice to have them when they work, but major pain when they malfunction. Since I am totally committed DIY type, .......less potential problems, and less headache is what I prefer.
__________________
Danielsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:31 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
powerboatr's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North East Texas
Posts: 3,666
the wood looks fantastic for the age of the coach. the previous folks really cared for her inerds pretty nice. I dig the tv on the floor

reallly a great looking coach
thanks for sharing
__________________
USN Retired, Life time member of the DAV.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2016 Expedition Toad on Hauler flat bed
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:05 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Dan Osborne's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Glen Allen, Virginia
Posts: 185
That is a really nice ride. No slides here on the wide body and don't miss them a bit. These older coaches had the pride of good workmanship at every turn. Best part of all is the real wood used on all of the cabinet work. ENJOY!
__________________
Dan Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:43 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
UncleBilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 551
Awesome classic rig. Would have looked for one, if I knew Vogue existed when I was looking 😜 Love the wood! Enjoy your coach!


1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜
__________________
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:02 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Wdebarmore's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 185
Truly a great looking coach !
__________________
1988 34' Executive Industries - Executive Prestige
5.9 Cummins, Allison AT542
Wdebarmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:57 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Danielsand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: SoCal
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
the wood looks fantastic for the age of the coach. the previous folks really cared for her inerds pretty nice. I dig the tv on the floor

reallly a great looking coach
thanks for sharing
I'll post some pics when I'm done with the outside. But you should see the wood now! Pics I posted were the ones I copied from the dealer, when he posted the coach for sale. We spent two days "massaging" the wood with Murphy's, and then with orange oil. It soaked a lot of it in, and the wood looks like new. TV on the floor is coming out, along with the starboard couch. In the place of the TV, a cabinet maker will make a mini bar, and in the place of the couch, there will be the cabinet with motorized 46" flat screen inside. Bedroom TV is also coming out (we don't watch TV in the bedroom), and the cabinet will be redone. Wife hasn't decided yet what she wants in the place of the little tube TV that's in there.

When the couch comes out, "Pergo" flooring will be installed throughout the coach (except the bedroom). I'll do the flooring (used to own flooring company for a while). But I am no cabinet maker, so I had to contract that out. The trick is to find the wood of the same quality/grain, and then stain it, and "age" it to look like the rest. The cabinet maker is the best money can buy in this part of the world, and he assured me that I won't be able to tell the difference. He even sourced the same cabinet hardware that will match the vintage one. It's a fun project, and an easy one to boot. Bounder restoration I did through July and August last year, was a lot of work, but we loved the end result.
__________________
Danielsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:33 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
goreds2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OH - H - EYE - OH
Posts: 561
Heck yeah, Love it!
__________________

__________________
On 10/15/10,
Puchased a 1989 Class B Dodge Xplorer In Cash
On 5/2/15, Girlfriend purchased 2002 Dynamax Carri-go in cash.
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.