Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-19-2004, 06:15 PM   #1

We are looking into purchasing a new 05 Titanium 5er. We would like to hear from current or former owners. Good, and not so good, stories are welcome. Its the best way to learn about a manufacturer.
Thanks
The Domie

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2004, 06:15 PM   #2

We are looking into purchasing a new 05 Titanium 5er. We would like to hear from current or former owners. Good, and not so good, stories are welcome. Its the best way to learn about a manufacturer.
Thanks
The Domie

Old 08-20-2004, 03:54 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I believe these are made by Forest River. I would recommend another manufacturer as those (owners) that I have had occassion to address a problem for were not "happy campers". My dad taught me that "you get what you pay for", so don't look at price alone. Mfg's. I like are Newmar, Travel Supreme, Alpha, Jayco, Cardinal, Gulf Stream.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 04:34 AM   #4

RV Wizard is giving you some mis-information! Titanium is made by Glendale which is a Canadian manufacturer and these units have a very good reputatation. Glendale's other higher end product is the Golden Falcon which has maintained an excellent reputation over the years.

RV Wizard also somewhat puts Forest River (FR) down yet mentions that he likes Cardinals which are made by FR. ????

So Domie, be careful about the advice that you get.

Regards
Old 08-20-2004, 05:09 AM   #5

Domie:

If your plans include coming North this summer I would strongly recommand a visit to the Glendale factory, I think you would be impressed. I have spoken to a large number of Platinum owners and have yet to meet one that was unhappy with his rig. Sure some had certain dislikes and things they wish were laid out differently, but this had nothing to do with quality. I always thought that seeing the rigs being built was the best way to judge what went into them! The factory is in Strathroy On., a couple of hours from Detroit. See th web site at www.glendalerv.com

2006 32' Sunny Brook
rehcuobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 01:52 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Sorry guys for any misinformation that I might have given out as now I am confused as to what I looked at while in Fl. for the winter and who I had to talk with from the factory. Does the Titanium and Platinum have a folddown rear garage door as well as a walk through at the rear? It has only been a year that I have been dealing with the towables and am dealing with some problems at far too fast a rate as service writer to absorb all the particulars. The co. I am now with is a dealer for the FR and I am not impressed. There are others too that I would say buyers beware. Forgot about the Nu-Wa as being one of the better built units and there may be others. The RA is not being kind to mind or body lately.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 09:33 PM   #7

We have had a Titanium for 3 years and are very happy with it so far. We really liked the concept and layout of our 28E33SB and thought provided good value for the price. We had a few minor problems to begin with and one which I would call serious, a leak where the rear awning foot attaches to the side of the trailer. All were dealt with properly by the dealer and we have had no other problems worth mentioning in the past two years. It tows great and we are still happy with our choice.

There are some great trailers out there, all are built to a price and none are perfect but we certainly couldn't discourage anyone from buying a Titanium based on our experience with it.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:35 PM   #8

I have had 2 makes of Forest River 5th wheels and quality was excellent on both. My only complaint was dealer related, not a Forest River problem.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:16 AM   #9

Domie,
Titaniums have their own site on Yahoo Do a search under RV sites under autos. you can join easily and ask away.
We bought a new 03 this June from Morrys Rv in Ont 2 hrs above Strathroy Ont their factory.
I have a 29E34MS if you go to the Glendale site you can view or ask for brochures.
My only gripe so far was with their wiring arrangements in the storage area.A bit loosey goosey. I spent a few hours to move stuff and neaten the whole package up. We saved 8G's CDN at Morrys over other local dealers asking price and they were excellent to deal with. We are heading south in about a month for 6 months away from snow and frost.
It tows easily. I have an 03 Dodge 3500 but a 2500 would do it easily as well (diesel).
Our choice for an 03 over an 04 or 05 was personal likes etc. It has 3 seperate rooms with closing doors no bifolds etc. The Titanium replaced the Golden Falcon.
On the Yahoo site you will see a few people are having issues with the fold up rear bug room but these seem to be teething issues with a new design. Talk to them about service.
I like mine. Pay attention to details as some have loveseats and others have the queen sofa bed. Go for the Queen if you lean toward Titanium. Friends have the love seat and regret it as its not big enough.
Ian
Old 09-13-2004, 05:22 PM   #10

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oh Boy,
As one "pegger" to another, welcome to IVR2. This is a great resource with great people.
I hope that you enjoy your time in the south this winter.
Regards.
Canuck

300HP Cat 3126E, 6Sp Allison
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 03:58 AM   #11

Domie,

My wife and I have a '02 Titanium 24E29 that we bought new in Mar.'03 and we love it. We camp almost every weekend throughout the summer and have towed it across the country with no problems. Since we've had it, it has never been back to the dealer for any issues. I am kind of surprised that I haven't seen more of them out there. Good luck!

Paul
Old 02-05-2005, 07:38 PM   #12

we have a Forest River 5ver and have not had any problems with it. Forest River always answered all my questions for me also.