Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:42 AM   #29

Don...great looking rig and toad!!! We've owned two Grand Cherokee's and loved them both. Now we have a four door Wrangler (DW's dream car), and love this one too.

How is retirement working out so far? If I remember correctly, you said that DW was retiring in APR. Hope to see you guys on the road sometime.

Travel safely

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2016, 11:10 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notlad View Post
Beautiful! I hope you start a thread following your trip home when you pick it up in April. I am 5-8 years away from retirement so am living the RV life variously through others like yourself right now until my time comes!
Please don't live vicariously thru Don.. Go out and buy a "now" coach and start living the dream. Be a weekend warrior until retirement comes.. not to mention you'll have tons of experience figuring out what you want, and don't want in a "retirement" rig...

Sorry for the hi-jack... I just think waiting to experience the RV life is crazy.. jump in now.. you can always trade-in and/or trade up at retirement time...

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present..

oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 04:38 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavingABlast View Post
Don...great looking rig and toad!!! We've owned two Grand Cherokee's and loved them both. Now we have a four door Wrangler (DW's dream car), and love this one too.

How is retirement working out so far? If I remember correctly, you said that DW was retiring in APR. Hope to see you guys on the road sometime.

Travel safely
Hi Jerry!

Retirement is going well. Going so well I didn't even know what month it was last week when my wife mentioned President's day and I thought it was still January. Getting rid of stuff at the house. Finally sorted out the tow vehicle decision and today sold my bike to a friend who will enjoy and take good care of it (kind of like placing a pet!). Yes, I think the wife will retire in April a week or so ahead of going to bring the coach home from storage. We need to have the house ready to list as soon as we get back in early May.

Hope all is well with you. Did you decide on the Escapees rally in VT yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
Please don't live vicariously thru Don.. Go out and buy a "now" coach and start living the dream. Be a weekend warrior until retirement comes.. not to mention you'll have tons of experience figuring out what you want, and don't want in a "retirement" rig...

Sorry for the hi-jack... I just think waiting to experience the RV life is crazy.. jump in now.. you can always trade-in and/or trade up at retirement time...

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present..
Eric, no apology necessary. I completely agree. Lost a sister at 47 a couple years ago and other friends lost to cancer, ALS, and other nasty diseases. We all have expiration dates and we unfortunately don't know what they are. I've seen too many people waiting for all the planets to align and their bank account to get to the "full" reading and they never get to do it as something else happens.

Don't wait for everything to be "perfect"... do it as soon as you can and just make it work as you go!
Mainuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:26 PM   #32

Congrats! That is a beautiful coach, I bet you can't wait ti get on the road in it! Hope to see you on your travels one day! Please keep us up to speed with all of your experiences with it! Thanks for sharing with us!
Old 02-28-2016, 03:42 AM   #33

Thor Owners Club
Nice set-up Don! I'm sure that you are like me, waiting to take it out on the maiden voyage is like dog years, one month feels like seven as you wait. I am on a first name basis with the UPS, FedEx, and Mailman now...
Ernie
FMCA #F456868
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:35 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Jump starting the economy 1 accessory at a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBITFISH View Post
Congrats! That is a beautiful coach, I bet you can't wait ti get on the road in it! Hope to see you on your travels one day! Please keep us up to speed with all of your experiences with it! Thanks for sharing with us!
Will do. We'll have a blog or website for publishing our doings for family and friends and will post that here for those interested in the next few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie. View Post
Nice set-up Don! I'm sure that you are like me, waiting to take it out on the maiden voyage is like dog years, one month feels like seven as you wait. I am on a first name basis with the UPS, FedEx, and Mailman now...
Ernie
Thanks Ernie!

I hear you on the deliveries. This past week there was a trailer hitch and several other accessories for the new Jeep, the Blue Ox base plate and tow bar. 3 days in a row he was dragging 1-2 heavy things to the door... I half expected him to say something but he wa sa trooper about it. On friday when the 52# tow bar (ship weight) arrived I let him know nothing else big was on the immediate horizon which got an instant smile. My breezeway looked like a shipping/receiving platform for a day or two!
Mainuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:44 AM   #35

Thor Owners Club
I think the 50 amp extension cord I ordered today will be my last heavy item to be delivered for a little while, or until I see the next great thing.

FMCA #F456868
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led