Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #15

Awesome looking rig...thanks for sharing. I hope to learn more from Winnebago.

rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2010, 09:43 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun time View Post
This is really a great thread and I thank the OP for sharing the info and video. Questions: Since only 14 were built (if I read the info correctly) does anyone know how many are still around? Does anyone know why they only built 14? Since Winny monitors this site, maybe they would chime in and provide some more insight on the history to this coach. Again, thanks again for sharing this great coach and info. I am really enjoying it.

I am sure price was at least part of it, the AllSteer system was expensive. Original owner told me he paid 232,500 for it heavily
discounted at the Atlanta RV show in 1995 dollars

Old 01-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #17

Madrone: Do you know how many are left? Have you ever seen another one on the road? I am going to the Tampa show this week and I will look up the Winny people and pick their brains on this coach. That price does sound a little high but given the technolodgy for the time, that price does not seem out of line plus the interior shots you provided would indicate your coach is as modern as any I have seen today with the only exception of no slides. All in all I would personally compare your coach at the time to perhaps a Foretravel or Travel Supreme given the features and styling. If you come across any more info. I sure hope you will post it for all of us to see. Thanks again and I sure love your coach.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:17 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun time View Post
Madrone: Do you know how many are left? Have you ever seen another one on the road? I am going to the Tampa show this week and I will look up the Winny people and pick their brains on this coach. That price does sound a little high but given the technolodgy for the time, that price does not seem out of line plus the interior shots you provided would indicate your coach is as modern as any I have seen today with the only exception of no slides. All in all I would personally compare your coach at the time to perhaps a Foretravel or Travel Supreme given the features and styling. If you come across any more info. I sure hope you will post it for all of us to see. Thanks again and I sure love your coach.

No I have never seen another of the 14 built on the Oshkosh AllSteer chassis, I have been posting on various forums hoping to find some of the others. I have seen one other Luxor (they were only built for three years)
on a Freightliner chassis before I found mine, it was seeing that one that got me interested in the AllSteer when it came up for sale near me. Seems to me the marketing idea behind the Luxor was Winnebagos attempt at the time to penetrate the high end market, why they did not continue the model into the slide era I have no idea. For me as a loner I have plenty of room and do not have slides in the way when I am on the road, so I like it as is.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:38 AM   #19

BTW, Winnebago still has the Luxor brochures on their website for the
'96 and '97 model years (not AllSteer) that show how nice they really are.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/products.../1996Luxor.pdf

http://www.winnebagoind.com/products.../1997Luxor.pdf
Old 01-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #20
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I swear I saw some similarities in that coach and what I drive today.

Some things in life are worth changing, and some things should remain the same.

Thanks for sharing.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #21

I talked with a guy in the Winny Service Dept via phone today concerning a question on my coach and after a few minutes I brought up your coach to this guy and he was very aware of the all steer and this concept. I told him to come to this thread and see if he could shed some additional information on this coach. He was very receptive. I will be at the Tampa show on Thursday and will make it a point to stop by and see if Bryan from Winny will be there and ask him to dig through their archieves for some additional info.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:28 PM   #22

The exterior looks brand new. Wow. What a difference garage kept does for the body. Congrats.

leedowney is offline   Reply With Quote