Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2016, 11:05 PM   #1

Upgraded from a gas to a diesel..

My best half and I had been looking to upgrade to a diesel. Our first MH was a 94 Winnie Brave. I got a great deal on it and we loved it. Had it for 5 years. I did a lot of upgrades to it.. But we wanted to move up. We found out that our neighbors really liked our Winnie so we sold it to them. After many months of searching online we found exactly what we were looking for. But let me go back track a little bit..
I own a repair shop where I work on almost anything. A good customer of mine came by one day and asked me if I could do some work on his new MH. He just purchased a 96 38' Monaco Dynasty with 75k on the odo for $25G. I offered to buy it from him for $30G on the spot. I told him "Shorty! You don't even camp!" (shorty is his nickname) he replied, I will now... Well I fell in love with this machine of his so when it came time for us to find one I told my wife that it had to be a Monaco. It had to be the same size but I must have a Burgundy one with a slide and it had to be 2000 year model or newer. So we spent months looking for one.. Found some on Craigslist but they were either sold or were a scam... One day after spending a lot of time on the putter I found exactly what I was looking for. It was in Ventura California..

That same day my friend shorty came by my office and told me he had found me a Monaco.. We drove to see it and it was right outside of town about two miles... It was a 99 34 footer with 115 thousand miles. Black and Grey. (not the colors I wanted) the owner said they wanted 35k and they had to sell it right away... I told them that it was not exactly what we were looking for so I offered them 30k on the spot... The owner said that they would need some time to think about it.. I said, "listen I have another MH I found in California and It is exactly what I am looking for (with a heck of a lot less miles) but I rather take yours since it's here and we can do the deal right now.. I won't have to travel.. The owners said that they would need a few days to decide. I said that if we didn't do the deal right now I was going to book my flight to CA...
Needless to say I am very, very glad they didn't take my offer. The next week we flew to LA, grabbed our rental car. Drove to Ventura and purchase the MH of my dreams...
We drove it back home to Nebraska without a problem. I even made the dealer trow in two spare (brand new) tires just in case.. Yes it took us 3 days to drive it home but what a fun ride it was.... That was a little over a month ago but every time I see my MH I can't help to smile bigger than hell and I am so glad the folks here in town did not accept my offer...

I love my Monaco........

Sorry for the long story but I am still stoked about the whole deal...

Since we brought it home I removed the old TV and replaced it with a nice flat screen... Which is awesome because I kept banging my head on the old TV console above my head.. I installed a nice sound bar with subwoofer. A 5 camera DVR system and new stereo speakers.. The original ones were bad... I also had to replace the lift pump on it. It started acting up on our drive close to home but Im a mechanic by trade so it was not a big deal...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160805_085909.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	137718   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160801_171052.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	137719  

Name:	20160805_085852.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	241.8 KB
ID:	137720   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160802_101402.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	443.8 KB
ID:	137721  

Aleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2016, 11:19 PM   #2

Other mh

This was the other MH we walked away from.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160713_134651.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	137722   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160713_134718.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	137723  

Old 08-31-2016, 11:24 PM   #3

Great write-up and pictures ... nice rig! Goes to show if you looking for a specific make and model it can be found. Welcome aboard, you have found a great community
AKOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:51 PM   #4

Congrats, looks great, have many safe and happy travels.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:20 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

I like the looks of the one you got better as well.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:33 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
You have Monaco fever really bad....and it won't go away anytime soon. Now proudly put your rigs nomenclature in your signature. I don't see where you say what year it is but I think 2000-01 Dynasty, the Ford tail lights give it away. I fully understand "I love my Dynasty". RVers who buy some other brand, don't quite get it but I assure you all us Monacoers DO. Coach looks great! Next time you do mechanical work on your coach, please do a write up with pictures. I think you will be a great asset to the forum. Go to the Monaco forum and sign in. WELCOME!!
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfolger View Post
You have Monaco fever really bad....and it won't go away anytime soon. Now proudly put your rigs nomenclature in your signature. I don't see where you say what year it is but I think 2000-01 Dynasty, the Ford tail lights give it away. I fully understand "I love my Dynasty". RVers who buy some other brand, don't quite get it but I assure you all us Monacoers DO. Coach looks great! Next time you do mechanical work on your coach, please do a write up with pictures. I think you will be a great asset to the forum. Go to the Monaco forum and sign in. WELCOME!!
Looks like a Diplomat with a rear radiator. A few notches below your Dynasty. The one he walked from looks like it could be side radiator Dynasty.
Still a awesome coach. Enjoy
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:59 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Cool nice. Congrats. A new machine is a new machine. Makes things exciting..
Old 09-01-2016, 06:55 AM   #9

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Great story. Congratulation's!!!
jleamo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfolger View Post
Now proudly put your rigs nomenclature in your signature. I don't see where you say what year it is but I think 2000-01 Dynasty
I did enter a signature but i must have done it wrong. I cant believe I didnt put that info on my original post...

2000 Diplomat 38A
8.3L 300H

Tags
diesel, gas, upgrade