Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:16 PM   #15

Awesome looking enjoy!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2017, 05:42 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks

2016 Jeep Wrangler with Ready Brute Elite tow bar
Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:35 AM   #17

It is beautiful. I know you will certainly enjoy it. Have fun!
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:59 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Sorry about the loss of your copilot. I'm 59 and just starting this adventure and I look at it as one of the chapters in my upcoming retirement. This part of my book is still being written and we are not sure of what lies ahead. I knew that I did not want to buy new and take the crazy hit on deprecation just leaving the lot. But in all my readings and lurking on IRV2 two thing stuck; out buy used and buy the biggest one you can afford. I almost was lured into buying a new Entegra but then common sense kicked in.
Why did you not purchase the Entegra? The depreciation issue? Did you look at used ones? We are starting our search. Enjoy your new coach.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RovingDesign View Post
Why did you not purchase the Entegra? The depreciation issue? Did you look at used ones? We are starting our search. Enjoy your new coach.
I was very close to buying an Entrega Cornerstone, and then I looked at a 2011 Newmar Essex, it was an eye opener. That got me looking at Essex with the Spartan K3 chassis that I wanted on the on the Cornerstone. Essex switched to the K3 in 2015 so I started the hunt. Why change; I liked to feature set Newmar offers better on the Essex model. So I started looking and found a deal on an 2015 Essex in Florida. We flew down and looked at it and bought it. It was low miles and the previous owner took the major hit on the depreciation and that appealed to my frugal side. He also added a lot of extras like Tyron bands, Summit SS package, and upgraded King Aire bath.

I have owned the coach almost one month to the day now and have no buyer remorse. Still blows me away when I go to it. (First coach ever)

My advise is to do a lot of research and frequent the owners forums for the model and make you want. Know more then the salespeople know. Visit the factory and do tours. I went to the Entegra plant twice for 2 tours and I frequented the Entrega forum so much I almost feel like a traitor for not buying one.

What I learned about Newmar is their customer service is top notch in taking care of me a second luxury line owner. Also the folks at Silverleaf have been great helping me learn and configure my system.

I had a problem with the Wingard Rayzar and sent the dome back for repair, today I got an email stating they were sending me a replacement at no charge. Made my day!

Research: Had my ball joint recall done at Josam in Orlando along with an alignment and two slide motor TSB done at NIRV in Atlanta on my maiden voyage home from Palm RV in Ft. Myers.

2016 Jeep Wrangler with Ready Brute Elite tow bar
Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:52 PM   #20

Looks Great...Congrats!
Old 09-15-2017, 05:11 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Beautiful rig!...In spite of what others have said, you may have just bought you last RV first....there's not much room for improvement....you're already near the top of the food chain!
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:08 PM   #22

very nice rig!

petrel is offline   Reply With Quote