Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #15

Thanks again for all the wonderful tips and advice. We are going to pick it up on Saturday so let the adventures begin.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2016, 08:23 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a '12-3956, same color scheme, different floor plan. I was lucky, bought from private owner and got it fully prepped with linens and cookware etc--top of the line stuff too! I have bought a few little extras, like new and better sewer hoses. I also bought a good portable air compressor for filling up and maintaining the tire pressure--this is critical!i do have a complete Banks system and front oil bath hubs (also thanks to the original owner who had his own trucking company). I have replaced the sewer vent covers with 360 degree siphons (easy even for me). Also replaced the roof sky light (twice--sorta screwed it up the first attempt and I am what they call Anal) thanks to Newmar and their great parts dept and service right from the Newmar factory! I have the laminate flooring--make sure your rollers are clean and there is no junk on the floor when bring in the slides or you may scratch the floor (I did). I love my motorhome!

Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:44 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
A few tupperware containers sized to fit in the cabinets for plastic utensils, coffee, coffee filters, napkins and stuff.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:51 AM   #18

We had 3 months between ordering our first RV and taking delivery last March. We are not full timers, but "a lot of time on the roaders", last year 135 nights and 8,000 miles, including 3 one month trips, and we'll do about the same this year but will have one trip of almost 3 months.

My wife took full advantage of the opportunity to have a couple of shoping sprees at Crate and Barrel to outfit the kitchen (we eat in almost all the time, and she is an incredible chef, so it is all to my benefit )...... She also got a Mini Max Big Green Egg which we use all the time, and was a great investment.

She did show some restraint, and I can say we use everything she purchased, although she decided to get a crock pot for some reason (she never had one) and I am not a fan of crock pot type cooking, other than chili which of course can just be cooked in a pot on the stove.......

We did use linens, towels, etc. that we had in the house. We also had some folding chairs for outside we moved from the house to the coach.

For tools, I got a soft sided tool bag, and transfereed what I thought I would need to have for travel into it, and move it between coach and home. I don't try to carry every conceivable tool with me, as you are seldom more than 30 minutes from a Home Depot etc. if by chance you need something special.

Other things we added as we determined we needed them, awning screen, TPMS, Safety Steer, etc., but I would not buy any of these types of things until you have used the coach for a while (TPMS maybe sooner than later though, I really like knowing what is going on, as much on the toad as the coach).

We still struggle with packing too many clothes, and over provisioning food to start out a trip.

And a couple of newbie tips; while we learned so much from iRV2 and a Tiffin forum, 2 things I learned the hard way. The corners / edges of slides are hard, and can be sharp, think about putting some kind of padding on them (something like pipe insulation, others use swim noodles; and you have to put the padding on once you get it for it to do any good). Before you dump your black tank, dump a little gray water first to ensure your connections are tight, because it's a lot better to find out with gray water.....

Don't sweat the small stuff, and I hope your enjoy your travels as much as we have!

Regards
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:01 PM   #19

I just have to say that is a very nice rig!!!
Old 03-13-2016, 04:41 PM   #20

Got her home yesterday and spent all day today buying stuff to put inside her. Just got the basics for now. Bedding, pot, pan, some glasses, towels, etc.

One question did come up....what type of vacuum should we get? It's just us two adults and a dog that sheds a lot.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:53 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
we carry a handheld vac, and a light broom. Broom all the stuff to one corner, and suck it up in the little hand held.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'05 Fleetwood Revolution '12 Chevy 2500 '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:04 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgoforth View Post
Paperwork is signed, deposit is made, credits approved, insurance is secured, and inspection is in progress and minor defects are be corrected....now what? Any suggestions on what I should buy to stick in my new home on wheels or better yet what did you buy when you started out that you found was a waste of money?

Original listing with more pictures
#P10591 - 2012 Newmar Canyon Star 3642 Sofa/Dinette Galley Bedroom Triple Slideout for sale in Williamstown NJ
Enjoy the time in your future the the best of your knowledge, you have taken the first step..............enjoy the rest
Your wife/best friend entering into the new Coach............One picture is worth a thousand words! Enjoy yourself's!!!!!
What a wonderful look-in Coach!!!!!!!
Have fun!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2016, 05:13 PM   #23

Congrats, nice looking coach.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:20 PM   #24

Even more pictures from her new home.

Old 03-13-2016, 05:45 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
NICE! looks great. Don't forget to put gas in it.

the next big thing is to GET OUT AND USE IT!

it's ok to take off and forget stuff, you can buy just about anything you decide you need on the way.

Know that most parks you call on the phone can't measure - width, length AND height.

Don't fight, it's easy to do at first with so much stress of a big thing you're driving.

Other drivers think you can stop on a dime, so keep your space.

Other drivers won't recognize your blinkers.... you're bigger.

Good Sams Trip Planner is awesome.

Google maps is your co-pilots best friend ( 9 miles in advance!)

NOW GO SOMEWHERE ALREADY
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:59 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
here's a link to my wife packing lists

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5vlsqjyl...S7ZBcJpma?dl=0

'14 Ram 3500 Aisin