Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #29

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by datrbone8 View Post
LOVE southern Arizona. You can keep Maricopa county. Tucson is a great little city with reasonable tax rates, reasonably priced housing and lots to do.

From 4th Generation Ranch family. I AGREE...........
IRV2-Supporter
Sutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #30

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
I'd pay up to a 50% RV tax to live in Oregon, but not a penny more than 1/2% if I had to live in, say, Texas.
You couldn't pay me to live in Texas (I lived there for four years, the longest decade of my life).
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Gosh - this went negative QUICK !

Momma always told me
"a place is what you make of it " - Just sayin
Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sounds like some Texas green envy. All we need to do to make things better here is get rid of Governot Rick Perry and his maerry band of thieves.

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
DON"T RETIRE IN CALIFORNIA!!! It's too expensive and there are ALL THOSE SCARY EARTHQUAKES - STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY.

But if you do come to visit, welcome!
Please spend LOTS of money, make some friends then go home and take some of your new freinds with you
If all the non-natives left more than half the population would be gone.

I'd miss my DW. Born in Adrian Michigan. Sorry dear.....
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:30 AM   #34

Glad to hear some folks love AZ

Lived in Phoenix back in the 70's and it was wonderful and I am a native Californian who lived in SoCal in the 50's and 60's, also wonderful. Lived in TX in the 80's, 90's also wonderful. Now living in TN (retired) and also wonderful. I must assume that it may be just me but why is it everywhere I live the area is wonderful?
Grayneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayneon View Post
Lived in Phoenix back in the 70's and it was wonderful and I am a native Californian who lived in SoCal in the 50's and 60's, also wonderful. Lived in TX in the 80's, 90's also wonderful. Now living in TN (retired) and also wonderful. I must assume that it may be just me but why is it everywhere I live the area is wonderful?
Must be the drugs.

But a good outlook nonetheless.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
Must be the drugs.

But a good outlook nonetheless.
No Muddy not drugs but you are right about attitude. I am always amused by folks who move to a new area then sit around for years complaining about it. If you look for it you can find nice things about any area. Folks who do not like Texas for example must have ignored the open friendly way Texans greet strangers, California for it's beauty and diverse geography, Arizona for it's hmmm, Arizona for it's..... well, the winters are nice.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #37

Ok, glad to know that I have killed off this thread. Now on to bigger and better threads....
Old 09-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I like Texas, but there are getting to be too dang many Northerners down here wanting to make like the place they just left.

Ken
We have the same problem in Florida, especially central and south Florida.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #39

When I run for President, I am going to cancel all taxes on MH Sales. That way I cannot spend the money that I don't have to really spend. Mark off one tax on your list. Michigan-look out, I'll stomp the bill to take taxes on retiree checks. You earned that money, politicians didn't.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I like Texas, but there are getting to be too dang many Northerners down here wanting to make like the place they just left.

Ken

Of course, then they won't have anything to complain about.
lincoln30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tncruiser View Post
i would tell ya all how great Tennessee is, but we already have to many yankees here . as a former michiganian i can state tow things
# i ain't goin back
#2 see #1
brianj
I'm currently in Florida, and it is a great state for retirees. But I also have property in eastern Tennessee, and the Florida sticks and bricks is on the market. Tncruiser, we'll just keep the Tennessee thing to ourselves!
wydglydrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:22 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wydglydrydr View Post
I'm currently in Florida, and it is a great state for retirees. But I also have property in eastern Tennessee, and the Florida sticks and bricks is on the market. Tncruiser, we'll just keep the Tennessee thing to ourselves!
I agree. We moved from TX to TN because we wanted to get away from the high property taxes in TX. Now we have the best of all worlds, no income tax, low property taxes and much better weather (if you like milder summers) than TX.