Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2015, 06:16 PM   #43

NAME these places please. So that we can:

A. Avoid these places
B. Boycott these places

Forewarned is forearmed...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2015, 07:50 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
We even have a Mobile RV repair guy in our community who publishes in his advertising that he will not work on RV's older than 10 years.
I was turned away from the Salt Lake Freightliner shop today as they have a new rule of not working on RVs older than 10 years.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:00 PM   #45

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by azSkier View Post
I was turned away from the Salt Lake Freightliner shop today as they have a new rule of not working on RVs older than 10 years.
I would call Daimler/Freightliner Cuss Some More Service.
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:41 AM   #46

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bottom line, Are you driving a RV that is not maintained and looks like a piece of crap. If so, few would want to be parked next to you? would you appreciate an old junker parked in front of your house? Think not.
If your old or antique RV is maintained like a Classic Car at a car show, you're always welcome.
Nobody wants to be parked next to a RV that is missing parts, has body damage, peeling decals, paint, clear coat or worse.

The condition of a vehicle is a representation of its' owner.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 06:24 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
Bottom line, Are you driving a RV that is not maintained and looks like a piece of crap. If so, few would want to be parked next to you? would you appreciate an old junker parked in front of your house? Think not.
If your old or antique RV is maintained like a Classic Car at a car show, you're always welcome.
Nobody wants to be parked next to a RV that is missing parts, has body damage, peeling decals, paint, clear coat or worse.

"Image is Everything"
Old 12-16-2015, 06:39 AM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
and "Perception is real"
Old 12-16-2015, 07:11 AM   #49
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by azSkier View Post
WOW! Now that's a new one!

Although, it's likely the have experienced its difficult to find parts for a 10+ year old motorhome and they don't want to tie up a bay waiting. They need the bay's to turn over for business.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:02 PM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a 1988 Winnebago and though it cleaned up pretty well last year when we bought it , it still needs some cosmetics and such. But if someone chose not to rent me a spot because of preconceived perceptions, i'd just leave and find a more welcoming site! Perhaps one day we might buy a higher end rv but for us our 22' Chieftain is fine! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:12 PM   #51

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We've never had a problem. Boy, this thread got me to realizing, our rig is almost 21 years old! We still think of it as almost new!

Oh boy!

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:39 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan5711 View Post
I see a whole lot of these larger campground with the 10 year old coach rule.(No COACHES ALLOWED OVER 10 YEARS OLD).I see a lot of motorhomes on here that are a lot older than 10 years old and they still look brand new,Over the last 15 or so years the body style hasn't changed that much,the main thing that has changed is the colors and the graphics,and yes I will be the first to say they do look a lot nicer.

So is it the campground that don't want us in there or the people with the high end coach don't want to be parked beside a 15 year old ugly coach.
There are plenty of CG owner's out there that would love to take your money. Go find another park and "enjoy the road ahead!!!!"
Just For Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 11:18 PM   #53

I have to laugh as some of these campgrounds say no dogs over 20 pounds and the little dogs always are the ones making lots of noise. Time to move on.
easywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:02 AM   #54

Even if I did have a brand now one I wouldn't want to camp with a bunch of rich snobby [ moderator edit ]anyway.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:02 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandjon View Post
Even if I did have a brand now one I wouldn't want to camp with a bunch of rich snobby [ moderator edit ] anyway.
Heck, I have one friend I would call a rich guy, he ain't snobby at all. He treats me with respect, pays me real well to mow his yard.
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:29 AM   #56

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post

OMG, I could not have said it any better
We camp next to wonderful couple,20 years my elder, every year at cape cod,they own a 87 Itasca class a, our first conversation with them was mostly complementing on how we loved their coach,beautifully maintained,one owner coach,not restored,just perfectly taken cared of since new,my kind of people,genuine. We spent hours touring their coach and ours,talking about the differences between the two,especially cool, talking old cars with them,right up my alley,all would be missed if the 10 year rule was used at this cg.

THE MEASURE OF WHO WE ARE IS WHAT WE DO WITH WHAT WE HAVE

I do not know who quoted that originally but have always felt it was true
To be clear, the amount of money one has ,means nothing,a person with a new motorhome that smells from lack of bathing is just as bad,soap is cheap.OK I said it ,let the flaming begin........
Imho of coarse.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote