Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2018, 06:38 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Unhappy 2001 Adventurer ac fan won't shut off

With the thermostat on heat the ac fan runs on high. The heat works and the ac works as they should otherwise. I need to shut the 110v breaker for the ac to stop the fan. Anyone experience this?

Justjack2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2018, 06:42 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

Try turning off power to the thermostat for a minute to reset it. Either use the battery disconnect switch or pull the fuse that powers the thermostat.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:07 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

I would try doing the factory reset procedure on the thermostat.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:52 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Tried powering down tstat

I unplugged the tstat from the harness waited a couple minutes and plugged it back in. I was able to turn on the ac breaker without having the fan come on. I set the temp to 3 degrees above room temp and turned on the heat pump. The fan came on and I ran it for a few minutes then shut off the tstat and the fan continued to run for ten minutes. I shut off the ac breaker to stop the fan the turned the breaker back on and the fan came onto I shut off the breaker.
Then I tried the gas heat same problem except the heater fan runs for a minute or two the shuts down for a millisecond and starts back up again. I waited while it did that three or four times. I unplugged shore power and the fan ran for a minute and shut off and stayed off. I plugged back in shore power and the heater fan did not restart.
I suspect a tstat problem as whenever I have troubles with the furnace in my house if I change the tstat the problem goes away.
Justjack2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:34 AM   #5

Sounds like a fan control problem in the T-stat. Or a high or low temperature sensor in the condenser/compressor unit.
Old 04-21-2018, 12:19 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Unhappy

Looks like itís time to start shotgun troubleshooting.
Old 04-21-2018, 12:45 PM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
While the fan is running, you might disconnect the thermostat to see if it's a fault of a signal still being sent by that or the fan control in the A/C unit. Since you mention the furnace fan, it sounds like a thermostat problem. You can look for a thermostat manual online if you don't have one, make sure it's set up properly. It could be looking for a heat pump, multiple units, etc.

Bob & Donna
Old 04-21-2018, 01:24 PM   #8

I am betting you have a Dometic 3 button thermostat. The fan runs in the A/C to help circulate the air. Push the mode button until it is in fan mode. Then push the plus or minus until Au (auto) appears. Then go back to furnace. It is perfectly normal.
bmchoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 04:47 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
While the fan is running, you might disconnect the thermostat to see if it's a fault of a signal still being sent by that or the fan control in the A/C unit. Since you mention the furnace fan, it sounds like a thermostat problem. You can look for a thermostat manual online if you don't have one, make sure it's set up properly. It could be looking for a heat pump, multiple units, etc.
Tried that and fans shut off. We may have found the problem. Fingers crossed
Old 04-22-2018, 04:48 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmchoug View Post
I am betting you have a Dometic 3 button thermostat. The fan runs in the A/C to help circulate the air. Push the mode button until it is in fan mode. Then push the plus or minus until Au (auto) appears. Then go back to furnace. It is perfectly normal.
Coleman/Mach 6535-3442
Old 04-25-2018, 05:01 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
I got a new thermostat, the model no. changed. The 6535-335 was replaced by a 6535-344. I had to cut the old plug off of the old thermostat and solder it on to the new one after cutting the new one off. It changed from a three wire to a four wire plug, one wire on the new one isn’t used with the old one. Plugged it in and fired up the heater, which by the way wouldn’t heat if the temp difference between set temperature and room temp was more than 4 degrees different berfore. The temp came up and the fan shut off. I flipped the ac breaker on and the fan stayed off. Wee dogie so happy for an easy fix!
Old 04-25-2018, 05:50 PM   #12

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justjack2k View Post
I got a new thermostat, the model no. changed. The 6535-335 was replaced by a 6535-344. I had to cut the old plug off of the old thermostat and solder it on to the new one after cutting the new one off. It changed from a three wire to a four wire plug, one wire on the new one isnít used with the old one. Plugged it in and fired up the heater, which by the way wouldnít heat if the temp difference between set temperature and room temp was more than 4 degrees different berfore. The temp came up and the fan shut off. I flipped the ac breaker on and the fan stayed off. Wee dogie so happy for an easy fix!
Glad you think it's an 'easy fix,' some folks would have called in the 'experts' and spent bunches of big money!

Bob & Donna
Old 04-26-2018, 12:26 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Glad you think it's an 'easy fix,' some folks would have called in the 'experts' and spent bunches of big money!
Between this forum and the old interweb it made for an easy fix.
But I do get to compare this to replacing the leveling sensor, which was "easy" yet tormentous. I was sore for days after trying to fit in the basement rerunning the cable. I haven't fit through a foot wide hole in a long time.

Tags
adventurer, fan, vent