Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2008, 05:01 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Hello, I am looking at a used holiday rambler neptune(2005) does anyone know good or bad about this coach thanks tommy
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2008, 05:01 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hello, I am looking at a used holiday rambler neptune(2005) does anyone know good or bad about this coach thanks tommy
Old 03-12-2008, 05:11 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to IRV2. I've added a shortcut to your question in the Monaco Owners area (the H-R is a Monaco family product).
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:56 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Is there anyone that has a hot tub that they haul around with them? If so, what's the size and where did you purchase it? Than ks..
Old 03-12-2008, 06:07 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Hi thmdamit,

Welcome to irv2.

We own a 07 HR Neptune and have been very satisfied with it. Engine is good and gets reasonable gas mileage for a 325 HP diesel. Rides really smooth with the air bag suspension. It has been a joy to own and operate. Not sure if this helps with an 05 model. I am sure there are some different configuations between the two model years.

Good Luck with your decision.
bkphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #6

05 neptune I think is 300 cummins with a 5 speed. I need more info on the model as there was a 32,34,36ft all pdd and possibly a 36pdq which was the first of the 4 slides. Tried to buy a 05 34pdd as my wife and I loved the floorplan and the small diesel. If you cruise under 65mph you will get close to 10mpg if you are not towing.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:40 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Lee & Mary Jane,
Please start a new topic of your own with your hot tub question. It is not germane to thmdamit's Neptune inquiry.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:19 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
[QUOTE]Hi! We have a hot tub, but it is on a cement slab on one of our patios with a cover over both patios out to our pool, ours is for aches and pains.seats 6-8 Never seen or heard of one you haul around?????

Harry, Socks, and Summer
M2Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:10 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
We just purchased a 2006 36PDQ Neptune leftover in November of 2007. So far we are very happy with this unit. Like all new ones we have a list of mostly minor issues. We have an appointment at the Wildwood service center in May and hopefully all will be corrected.
Our unit has the 300 cummins with the allison 5 speed. To be honest, there are times when I had a couple more horses. But it gets the job done and hopefully will be more economical on this high priced deisel. Right now average is 7.5 mpg, but hopefully will improve after the engine breaks in. I've been told this engine takes about 15,000 miles to fully break in. Can this be true?
Old 03-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, a diesel takes that long to break in. Fuel economy should improve slowly as you gain miles.

Don't feel bad about the horses - there are times when I wish my 370 ISL had a few more too.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the info I wound up buying a holiday rambler vacationer diesel 34' at lazy days. clean coach 10k miles.Perfect size for me.It got about 10 mpg coming home.(2006 year)