Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2016, 09:35 AM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
2006-2007 Holiday Rambler

Good day
I am presently looking at a DP 2006 42 Ft HR Scepter and a DP 2007 44 Ft HR Navigator. Not sure which model to purchase but I presently have a HR 37 FT gas Vacationer model.
Now I know lately there has been several quality in product issues with the newer HR rambler models but wasn't sure about the older models. Any advice or issues you can share please share with me? You can PM me or email me at cnocmmz@gmail.com

Thanks for the help
Mike Z

cnocmmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2016, 09:42 AM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Hi Mike!! We have an 06 Navigator 43 ft tag and just love it. It is a great coach. Plenty of power. But I will tell you the Aladdin system is not working on ours and we are going to have to replace the modules it controls, tank monitoring, cameras etc. the Aladdin system is obsolete now. Other than that and a few minor issues it has given us miles of pleasure.

Good luck!!!

Old 08-11-2016, 12:21 PM   #3

Mid Atlantic Campers
Yes the one I am looking at is a tag as well. Is the Aladdin system the onboard computer brain?
Old 08-12-2016, 09:09 AM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We have owned a 2009 Navigator for almost 2 years and have had virtually no issues, other than one roof AC that died a couple months after we purchased. Recently, we had an electrical issue in which the headlights and marker lights would not work. Thinking it was just that switch I contacted Monaco Technical and learned that Monaco and HR used multiplex wiring throughout their coaches. The end result was that it turned out to be a rather involved process to determine where the root problem was. The final cost was around $1200. The switch was $450 and the rest labor. I am very happy that we had an extended warranty that paid everything less my $200. deductible. I still believe it is a very well made coach, the only Achilles heel is that darn multiplex wiring.
RVNewbie55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:51 AM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
they are beautiful rigs with the Tag :-)

Tags
holiday rambler