Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2014, 02:32 PM   #1

2010 Thor Serrano 31z

I have just purchased a 2010 Thor Serrano 31z with the Maxxforce 7 diesel engine. I would like to change the oil however I can not locate anything that looks like and oil filter. I was told by a local dealer it was the large cartridge on the top was the oil but the brochure says it's a fuel filter. Any of you who do your own service work know where the oil filter is??

bthom
bthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2014, 05:14 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Both are on top in the valley. Oil filter is on the right. You have the single turbo charger. It also means you have a 2007 EPA compliant engine. Much better than the 2010 compliant engine. I have a 2011 with the 07 compliant engine made in 09.

There are two fuel filters one next to the oil filter and one low on the right side of the crankcase.
vortex1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:56 PM   #3

Many thanks. I have been crawling all over that thing and took the cover off but did not remove the air filter piping which I believe is where it must be hiding. Picture shows it mounted on the left side crankcase which would be a blessing, but it's not there.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:03 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
The picture you refer to is a 2010 compliant engine. You have the better engine with less problems with exhaust filters.
vortex1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #5

The oil has been changed..... I took the can filter back and got the correct one and the socket wrench while I was at it. I would be a bad job if you didn't have to take the air inlet piping loose. I really thank you for your input.

Bill Thomason

Tags
serrano, thor