Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2011 travel observations

Left beautifully cold Ohio, but dry roads, first of January. First stop (after getting dash heater fixed at Tom Johnsons RV) was St Augustine Fl. Campground was less than 50% full, crowds were moderate in St Augustine. Left for a week at Disney Fort Wilderness. Were in the 1200 loop. I would estimate the campgrounds were,at times, less than 50% full. A few of the loops had only 3 or 4 sites occupied. Was very surprised, this was the least number we have ever seen, in all the years we've been coming to Ft Wilderness.
Next stop, Lazy Days, Seffner Fl. Once again the grounds were very empty when we arrived but the next week was the FMA Rally and right after that the Discovery Rally so the fill rate was pretty good. Oh yea, the strawberry shortcake at Parksdale was great as ever!! While there we took friday to go to the Tampa RV show. Was very impressed with the numbers of folks there and the numbers of coaches with sold signs in them. Also of note was that the majority of sold signs were in the upper level coaches. One thing we noticed at Lazy Days was the number of coaches on the lot. This time last year there was not much of anything to look at. Fast forward to this year, there were so many upper end coaches, that in addition to having the normal parking slots full in the Crown Club area they had 2 of the drive lanes full. I saw more Tiffin Bus, Phaeton and Zepher coaches than ever, also a good representation of Entegra, American Coach of every description and Winnebago Tour and Ellipse. There were also a large number of coaches with sold signs each day and the transfer lots were essentially full for the 2 weeks we were there. Each morning I would take my walk and go by the "incoming lane" and there would be more coaches that had just arrived. Wife and I took the driving class while there and one of our instructors stated that LD had sold over 120 units the last saturday!
We are currently in Naples with a balmy 82 deg today. We are in Neopoliton RV resort and it is full and will be for the 2 weeks we are here.
I am very encouraged to see the obvious increase in traffic in the RV industry. Maybe we have rounded the bend with our economy, lets hope!!

Ron K.
RonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
That IS good news, Ron. People are not just looking, but buying. I wondered about the high end market. Our dealer seems to have a TON of TT's & 5-r's & less coaches so I kind of figured people were buying, but getting less expensive units because they're still wary of the economy. If coaches are selling, people are feeling a bit more secure & confident....I hope.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
That's good to hear! Thanks for the report! (esp the weather.....Brrrrr)
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote