Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2014, 10:48 AM   #1

Unhappy 2014 Thor Challenger 37KT major problems

Has anyone out there bought a new 2014 Thor Challenger 37KT and found their gray water plumbed into the black tank. Ours is and we have yet to have it repaired. My understanding is ours is not the only unit that the factory screwed up the build on. If yours was screwed up and has been repaired can you tell me the procedure they used to fix the problem.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2014, 10:53 AM   #2

Is it ALL the gray water or just a sink? I think it's fairly common to see one of the sinks drain into the gray tank due to proximity to the tank.

Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #3

It's all sinks and shower. The washer is on a separate tank. The factory admits they have found several units plumbed wrong as far back as 2013.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:03 AM   #4

Yeah, that's a problem.
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #5

Yep as the saying goes. "Not a happy camper" I have owned it for 2 months and it's not usable. Spent most of my time fixing other issues avoiding going back to dealer which is 2.5 hours away. Now spending time corresponding between dealer and factory. Each are pointing finger at each other.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had a gulf stream that had the bathroom sink plumbed to the black tank due to its proximity to that tank. It stumped me for two years as to how our black tank would get so full so quickly until one morning I flushed while the wife was using the sink and discovered the cause. That sink being plumbed to the black tank was a problem in my book let alone the issues you have. I agree they need to do something to remedy the problem.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:49 PM   #7

Actually, good idea. Grey tanks fill up much faster then black tanks. I know people that wash dishes in a dishpan, then dump into the toilet anyway... Plumbing kitchen sink into black tank saves a lot of room for showers, etc.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:49 PM   #8

I agree. I'd be glad to have my sinks plumbed into the black tank. Not the shower & washer tho.

Russell
Old 06-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
All too often do I empty the kitchen dish water into the toilet to extend the ability to hold gray water. Count your blessings!
Old 06-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
If you dump the dish pan water into the black tank - DON"T do what my DW did, she missed a knife in the bottom of the dish pan and only heard it going down the toilet into the black tank. All came out OK though.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:40 PM   #11

I am wondering why the dealer is even considered in the fault factor ? did your dealer build your coach ? or did the factory that puts the name on the side build it ??? When do these manufacturers stand up and fix their obvious errors and stop putting the customer thru these delays ?
Old 06-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
If you dump the dish pan water into the black tank - DON"T do what my DW did, she missed a knife in the bottom of the dish pan and only heard it going down the toilet into the black tank. All came out OK though.
We've gone through that many times and more often, it's me that's doing the dumping.

Good advise though!
Old 12-14-2015, 12:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddy53 View Post
Has anyone out there bought a new 2014 Thor Challenger 37KT and found their gray water plumbed into the black tank. Ours is and we have yet to have it repaired. My understanding is ours is not the only unit that the factory screwed up the build on. If yours was screwed up and has been repaired can you tell me the procedure they used to fix the problem.
Hi there, we purchased a new 2014 37kt and also had that issue. We notified Thor and they we had it re-plumbed under warranty. We found that the black water was backing up into the shower stall. Plumbing the grey into the black is a factory defect.

Tags
thor