Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2014, 06:16 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
Either they sold it in one day or they have it hidden as there is no 2015 MH listed at McMahons that I could find and no Monaco listed at all
For the past few days I have been parked about 300 yards from their Palm Springs office, and you can trust me when I tell you that their forecourt have plenty of both Monaco's and Holiday Ramblers here. I know what they look like.

You can also trust me when I tell you that their sales staff told me that a 2015 Monaco was amongst them.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2014, 06:20 PM   #16

I believe automakers can sell a car with a new model year designation (2015) if it is a significant redesign, and released after Jan 1, 2014. Sometimes there are models referred to as mid-year (i.e. 2014.5) - such as the case with some of these Sprinter based RV's that have the mid-year cab refresh (new front end). Could these legitimately be called 2015's? Probably, but all that I've seen advertised are called 2014.5's

But in the case that the OP brought up, it's most likely just stupidity or dishonesty on the part of the dealer.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:04 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Maybe they do it that way because if you buy now it will be 2015 before you get the bugs worked out.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:04 PM   #18

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Now it could be a 2015 MODEL YEAR for the COACH, but it all comes down to the chassis' VIN number. It doesn't matter what the manufacture's Certificate of Origin says. if they are putting the coach on a 2014 chassis, many states will title by what the VIN is, even though the Federal Government states otherwise. Trust me, I bought a 2009 but it's titled as a 2008, due to the VIN.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:16 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Granted, it's been awhile since I've been in the car business. However, manufactures were not permitted to use the next calendar year for a new model until April 1 of the current year. i.e. 2015 can't be used until April 1, 2014.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:54 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
It would appear that Monaco have just presented their 2015 Dynasty on an RV show http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/2015...ty-193210.html

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:24 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Most new year models in the RV and Automotive world are designed in the early part of the previous year and are released to manufacturing in the summer. They arrive at dealerships in the early fall as soon as the previous year's models begin to run out. Most years this happens in Oct/Nov. and by Christmas you can buy next year's model..sometimes long before then.

However, sometimes the vehicle is revolutionary or is a special redesign that a manufacturer wants to kick off early and they are manufactured and released early. A good example of this is the 2015 Monaco Dynasty. This company is trying hard to remake themselves after bankruptcy and then 5 years of ownership by Navistar during which they were forced to use Navistar's inferior and smaller Maxxforce engines. I spoke with a Monaco rep at the Seattle RV show last week and they are going back to what made them successful in the 2000's...roadmaster chassis' and Cummins engines, as well as signature Monaco cabinetry and attention to detail. They feel very limited by the current design and are beginning production on these improved coaches as soon as they can. You should see the result...it blew away anything else in the show....dazzling.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tricotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:29 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by danes-on-tour View Post
It would appear that Monaco have just presented their 2015 Dynasty on an RV show http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/2015...ty-193210.html
I saw it and it's gorgeous. They are quick to point out that it is a prototype and not a production vehicle yet. They are, however, anxious to show the public what they are going to be producing, as they have every intention of abandoning the current designs as soon as possible. (They were recently purchased from Navistar and going to be going back to Roadmaster/Cummins chassis)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tricotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:10 AM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We put a order in for a 2012 Aerolite tt Feb. 15th of 2012. 6 weeks later at the end of March the dealer said we will be getting a 2013. According to him, they had so many "frames" for the 2012 model year, once they run out of those frames, the new "frames" are stamped as 2013's. So on March 30 2012 we picked up a new 2013 Aerolite. To me they were exactly the same as the 2012's. But I'm not complaining....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
FYI Monaco just shut down their towable division as of last week. This also included the HR towable line.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:16 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Maybe they do it that way because if you buy now it will be 2015 before you get the bugs worked out.

Tags
sale