Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-13-2015, 07:03 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
303 protectant

I have often heard mention of 303 protectant and its use on RV's. I finally went out and bought some. At 13 dollars for 16 ounces I thought it was expensive. While using it, I noticed that it looked a lot like good old armor all. I would like to know how many of you use it and if so have you used it long enough to be able to tell if it has in fact kept things in good shape? Also I have heard that it contains no petroleum distillates. I would like to know if this is true because I understand that is what you want in tire protection. What other uses have you found for it and what do you protect with it?

2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35k
mojoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2015, 07:11 PM   #2
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, it not Armor All as it's from a completely different company and doesn't contain any wax like Armor All.
I use 303 on the 3M front mask, tires and, when we had BriteTek roofing, on it too. Skylights, vent domes, plastic headlight lenses. Pretty much anything you want to protect from UV. I buy it by the gallon at CW when on sale.

2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
...And also on the rubber slide gaskets all around. \ken
Ken & Deb (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, Harvest Hosts, and grateful volunteers with SOWERs)
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/400ISL and Allison 3000MH on Freightliner's Evolution chassis, Onan QD7500, 1000w Renogy solar, BlueOx tow gear, and 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:19 PM   #4
Works many times better than armor all, especially on vinyl bed covers. CW has it for $15 in the 32oz. size (with $10 off coupon). If you're a Good Sam member and buy from them they send you a $10 off anything coupon every month. That's all I ever buy from them!
2016 Thor Tuscany 34ST XTE, Freightliner XCR, ISB 360hp/800tq. Allison 3000, Koni FSD shocks, Roadmaster 1.75" front sway bar, Safe-T-Plus, DYI air bag flow control valves.
2015 Jeep Willy's Wheeler Wrangler Unlimited Toad, Ready-Brute-Elite tow system.
IdahoSRT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:25 PM   #5
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Years ago, I attended a seminar put on by 303 rep. The story goes that 303 was developed exclusively for NASA for use on the large orings after that catastrophic explosion due to oring failure years ago. After several years the company was allow to take it into industrial markets. It is expensive, but doesn't seem to quite as high as it was say10 years ago.
2007 Newmar KSDP. 3912
2010 Nissan Frontier SE
DGBPokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:30 PM   #6
Amazon Prime...

has a gallon for $55.27.
muleman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:34 PM   #7
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have been using 303 since 1996. I use on everything from the roof to the tires except the glass. That includes the car, truck, boat, and anything else for UV protection.
I buy it directly from 303 products by the 1 gallon.
Harold & Linda
2009 CT coachworks siena 35V
W22 Workhorse 8.1L. Explorer Sport toad,
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:36 PM   #8
Newmar Owners Club
I believe it is the only product Sunbrella recommends for protection of their fabrics. It makes them waterproof, just like new. It is pretty good stuff.
tbbg II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:44 PM   #9
Wal-Mart online has a gallon for $40.46 + $5 shipping.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:30 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
After hearing so many good things over the years, I figured it would have to help preserve my coach. I then made the mistake of reading reviews on Amazon. Lots of people saying it wasn't waterproof and would wash of with the first light rain. That's why I have all the questions.
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35k
mojoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:59 AM   #11
Tiffin Owners Club
I guess those of us who use it the longest don't post reviews because 303 Protectant is the best thing I have found. Over the 40 years we have been camping I have used a lot of different products including Armor All. For the last 5 years I have been using 303 and the difference is noticeable, much better. I use it on the front of the mh, on the roof, on the AC shrouds, all rubber around windshield and windows, tires, on my vehicles on the plastic to keep it from fading, use it on 4-wheelers, the farm tractor and lawn mower. There is more but I can't remember it all. Comparing 303 with Armor All is night and day. It lasts much longer, protects better because it doesn't have petroleum stuff in it. I am a believer in 303. I buy it by the gallon on Amazon. It is worth the price to me.
Mel (Melanie) and Harry
2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Melmoses is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:36 AM   #12
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I use it on the Diamond Shield on the front cap (and on our boat upholstery). After almost 5 years the Diamond Shield is still "soft" and clear, no yellowing or cracking. (and the boat upholstery still looks and feels like new after three years, no fading or drying/cracking)
Jay & Peggy Monroe with Dolly
Can't take it with you - don't plan on leaving any behind
2016 Newmar London Aire 4553, Spartan chassis
Wrangler Unlimited toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:40 AM   #13
Save your money and buy any Armor All type stuff. I bought a bottle of 303 and did half a side with it and the other half with Armor All and guess what the Armor All lasted longer and looked better. The AA you just wipe on and it looks great, you have to buff a lot of the 303 or it looks blotchy. As for its magical uv protection seems the AA is doing just as good a job. Guess it works better on space shuttle parts than RV'S
89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:55 AM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I quit using Armor All a decade or more ago.

It contains silicone stuff which degrades vinyl and plastics over time.

303 Protectant is the only known product that Michelin ever endorsed for sidewall rubber protection. Michelin does not say that now on its website, but did in past years.

303 Protectant lasts forever on my vinyl cladding on the car outside, the vinyl and leather seats, dash, you name it.

303 Protectant also repels dust, not soaking it up like other products.

I wouldn't buy anything else for protectant BUT 303 now that I've used it and become familiar with its performance. Years ago I used STP Son-Of-A-Gun, Armor All, Meguiars (Meguiars being the best of the 3) From Armor All, (always was greasy and smears in the rain) to Son Of A Gun (much better performance) to 303 Protectant (best of all) .

I used the 303 Protectant in the coach along the dash, all the vinyl and plastics/leather, it is fantastic, no greasy smudgy residue, looks new, and last forever, plus I swear it repels dust instead of attracting it.

My 2 cents worth.....

Just found this from a Meguiar's site, so maybe Armor All isn't the same stuff I remember:

Armor All was reforumulated several years ago, mostly due to changing VOC regulations that they, us and all of our competitors face on an ongoing basis, and it's now basically just a water based dressing not terribly unlike 303, or several of our own (Meguiar's) dressings.

Kent - '03 Fleetwood Storm Ford F-53 V-10
With Susie (Lhasa); Angie (Shorkie) Ferbie (ShihTzu)
In Memoriam: Katie, Spencer and Zoey
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote