Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #1

30lb. LP Tank

Looking to buy a tank like the one in the picture.
Anyone know where I can find one?
This one came with my Weekend Warior.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01809.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	17232  
Skrugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Take it to any of the national propane dealers (Amerigas, Suburban, Ferrell, etc) that are in your area. They should be able to come up with a match
Old 01-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I've seen industrial propane tanks with a dual port set-up like that, but they are usually horizontally mounted, e.g. on fork lifts. Is there a tank manufacturer name embossed on the side of the collar around the valves?

I see that Worthington Cylinders make a vertical tank with that sort of multi-port top. It's listed as a forklift industrial tank.

Worthington Cylinders - Propane Steel Forklift Cylinders
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
See if this is what you're looking for. They are not cheap. 30 Lb. (7.1 Gallon) Vertical Aluminum LP Tank
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:48 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Those aluminum tanks are indeed pricey. Ought to be a less expensive steel one with the same dual port option.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #6

With TWO tanks, and a dual tank regulator, a gauge is nothing more than redundancy.

Ed
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #7

What is the dual port thing we are referring to. I have 5 gallon one like shown can be set hor. or ver. with guage. were are you located ED
Ed ke6bnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #8

Thank you all for your advice, except Ed-Sommers.

Ed,
How do you know how many tanks I have? Maybe I like redundency!
I didn't ask for an opinon. If you can't help me find the tank I'm looking for, then don't reply. Everone else gave me a direction to look to find
a tank. You just want to hear yourself talk!

Thank you.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #9

I'm sure Ed meant no offense.

But I for one like the idea of LP gauges. I guess some of us just like lots of status info. For example, I've always preferred an oil pressure gauge in my car to "Idiot Lights". While I suppose I could just stick my head out the door, I like having an indoor-outdoor thermometer (with high and low recording) in my RV.

I noticed that the "SeeLevel" RV tank gauge has LP level feature which needs 90 ohm senders in the tanks. I didn't realize they made such tanks.

Even with two 30 lb tanks I can imagine situations where an LP gauge would be quite nice, especially if there's the possibility of being caught in really cold weather (skiing perhaps). If facing a really cold night weekend, I'd like to know whether I have a total of 55 lbs or just 31 lbs.
jspande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrugs View Post
Thank you all for your advice, except Ed-Sommers.

Ed,
How do you know how many tanks I have? Maybe I like redundency!
I didn't ask for an opinon. If you can't help me find the tank I'm looking for, then don't reply. Everone else gave me a direction to look to find
a tank. You just want to hear yourself talk!

Thank you.
Wow! Way for someone to act on their first post on a forum. Have you ever used the internet before? You must not have very many friends. Good luck getting any info if you're keep that crap up.

If it won't budge, hit it harder or get a bigger hammer.
RLKBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #11

RLKBOB,

That helped. You really answered my question. I don't know what i would do with out you.

BIG HUG for you.

Your the best,
THANKS
Old 01-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #12

And the winner of the Mr Congeniality contest is===
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Yikes. Think I'll take cover.
CapnMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:27 AM   #14

iRV2 No Limits Club
I have to side with the OP on this one. Ed-Sommers' rtesponse made unfounded assumptions, was inaccurate, a bit snarky, and didn't address the OPs request. All the OP asked for was if anyone knew where he could get a tank like the one pictured. We don't know how many tanks he had or even if the duplicate tank was going to go on the same RV it came from originally. For all we know, his one and only tank has expired and he wants an exact replacement.

Two tanks with an autochangeover valve will not tell one how much is in each tank. All it will do is indicate which tank the RV is drawing from. It does not tell how much is in that tank. It also doesn't tell if the other tank is empty or not since the other tank may have been refilled already (I know that, at my age, I don't remember things as well as I used to) or if the valve is even functioning or not. I can certainly understand the OP's desire for an accurate float guage on a tank (or tanks, if the OP has more than one).

While the OP's response to Ed-Sommer's response wasn't the best on Earth, RLKBOB's response was even worse, completely out of line. What a way to welcome a new member. From there, things went totally south.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank