Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2005, 04:58 AM   #15

Texas Boomers Club
Sandra,

Please accept our apologies. We strive to provide an environment where a newbie can ask any RV-related question without worrying about being flamed or intimidated as outlined in our mission statement below that appears on the top of every forum page:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Our Mission: "Efficiently support the thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experiences among RV enthusiasts" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>In this context, thoughtful carries not only the meaning of "well thought out" but also "considerate of others".

As moderators, we will do our best to ensure that your future experiences here at iRV2.com will be enjoyable and fruitful.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2005, 04:12 PM   #16

Rusty,

Don't worry about it, you owe me no apology. I will not let one rude post ruin my attitude about this site. You guys have been so helpful in just the little bit of time I have been here. I am glad to have a place to go to ask even silly inconsequential questions w/o being laughed at. I hope I will eventually be on the answering end rather than just the asking end. I look forward to a long relationship with all of the other enthusiasts here.

Although I can be sensitive at times, I am one tough cookie in the long run. I know that we each react from our own experiences. I let radarr's posts run off my back. I just wanted to let him know how he made me feel.

Thanks for caring enough about little ole me to reply.

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 06:13 PM   #17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mamaloya:
Rusty,
&lt;snip&gt; ....Although I can be sensitive at times, I am one tough cookie in the long run. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rich
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Rich & Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 04:34 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
mamaloya, I don't understand how you could have taken it as though I directed my comments at you? Your way off base and you have no reason to slam me personally. All I did was point out what happens when folks are not inform and don't know who they are dealing with. Yea, I was a little sharp, so I did go back edited the first pharagraph, but there are consquences that others are exposed to which need to be recognized and learned. If you fell into one of those situation, I am sorry, it's my hope that folks read these post before they go and do their search for an RV and be savy about what they are getting into. You know, we're not talking about nickels and dimes here? We're talking about thousands of dollars, which in some cases is a person's yearly salary.

I only wish I could have read some of the comments that folks detail here and other places on the internet before we ventured into this life style. I'm talking prior to 1976. Then again, there wasn't an Internet and these associations I refer to(not you), weren't even around then, and neither were their dealer programs.

If anyone is going to hammer on me, I would expect a dealer to do that, becaused his sales tactics have been exposed and people in the know aren't going to fall for them.

It seems today, that there are peopl out there, that have one purpose in life, and this is to see just how much of our hard earned money they can get and get with very little to no actual work at all. I don't know about you, but I am venomusly opposed to this taking place to us in the RV Industry. An industry I grew up in and have made an honest living from. It's like the "Used Car Dealer Mentality" has taken over and it's spreading like a cancer. Why should we, of all people, let this continue? There are folks out there that have come to this time in their lives to retire and try to enjoy their hard works. Then along comes those who don't know what a hard days work is all about, who have their agendas set on making as much profit as they can, praying on these unsuspecting folks.

So, where do we go from here? Are we to put our heads in the sand and let it go, or do we, learn from those mistakes and take a stand and stand up for ourselves?

I was always tought, "to learn from others mistakes and try not repeat them". I'll take a thump on the head anyday, if it wakens me to a situation that I'd be sorry for later. The thump will go away, but I may have to live with the situation the rest of my life.

radarr
Old 11-27-2005, 11:26 AM   #19

As the one who originally began this post, I must admit that I too took offense to Radarrs' response. I firmly believe that life is a learning experience & I seem to learn something 'new' every day. We learn from our mistakes (& we make many throughout life) I had hoped, thru my post, to help other "Newbies" & never expected a reprimand.

I will, however, take the $200 offered by dealer& run with it !!!
jodann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 12:45 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
I'll take the thump on this one, thats ok, if someone learns what the road ahead has in place for them, maybe they'll avoid a collision with a situation that popped up here, which got the attention of a few folks. One thing you can't say, is that I didn't tell you the truth. Some times the truth hurts, and sometimes the messenger gets shot in telling it.

"God Bless America, our President
and Our Troops everywhere"

'Merry Christmass & Happy New Year'

jodann, I think thats a wise move, "a bird in the hand, is worth 2 in the bush". Knowing my luck, I'd get a throny bush.

radarr
Old 11-27-2005, 05:15 PM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
That which does not kill me, only makes me stronger. Learning from ones mistakes is fine, learning from others mistakes is better.

two great sayings from two great philosophers
Old 12-02-2005, 10:24 AM   #22

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edmund A Skibinski:
jodann, If the dealer offered you $200 dollars back from the dealer prep, I would be mighty thankful, very seldom that a dealer would even consider giving back money from dealer prep. Ed.S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-02-2005, 10:36 AM   #23

To Edmund A. Skibinski,

Have my $200 check in hand from dealer for what, I believe, was shoddy dealer prep. I am grateful. They also threw in a gas range (which I had to install - not a problem !!) to replace the cook top that came w/tt. All in all, I'm completely satisfied. Goes to show ya, it does pay to speak up.

This is a great website. Only wish I had known such sites existed prior to embarking on RV'ing. Live & learn !!! Jodann