Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
4 corner weighing in Jacksonville, FL

Anyone know of a 4 corner weigh scale location within 100 miles of Jacksonville, Florida?
sadrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #2

Yellow Pages
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
You can also use a regular truck scale by weighing twice.

First time get regular front and back weights. 2nd time, pull passenger side tires on apron next to scale and get drivers side weights. Do the subtraction and you'll have weights for all four corners.
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I guess I should have said I checked the Yellow Pages without results.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #5

Public scales near Jacksonville are Pilot and T/A travel centers BOTH have locations in Baldwin on US 301 and St. Johns county on CR 210 Just off the I-95 exit.
Do not know if they can weigh 4 corners as some CAT scales are elevated. Go to check them out and if nothing else, get the normal front and rear axle break down on your first pass.

If they are not busy, pull your RV up to the scale and pull on at an angle to get 1 wheel weighed at a time, may take a minute or two to align 1 wheel at a time on the scale. You may need to take 2 friends to help make it speedy. 1 outside of the RV to spot you to get the 1 wheel on the scale at a time, and the other inside with a cell phone to let the operator know when to make scale printouts.

Wish I could let you weigh where I do - At work at the Jax Port Authority. I know there are scales on the Talleyrand terminal and Blount Island terminal. But all are located within the secure areas of the terminals and NO public access. Because I work there, I get full use before work, during my lunch hour, and after work - BUT NO PRINTOUTS. I can read and notate the readings but no official printout.
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
KIX

If you can identify farming areas where they truck out product you will find scales for trucks. For instance......west of St. Augustine is farm area. There are at least a couple of scales there you could access.
On edit......I wonder if the farmers market on Beaver St. has scales?
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:09 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Ok, looks like there are no public scales in the area that weigh 4 corners, thanks for the replies. I will see what I can get done at Pilot.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Send a message via Yahoo to FOSJ
Check out the RVSEF web page. They're located in titusville or melbourne and do scheduled weighings. They even have traveling scales and weigh at events across the US. You could also check rv-dreams.com, as Howard and Linda are one of their traveling teams and will be in Florida this winter
FOSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
gawly how stupid I can be, that idea of weighing the the front and then the back, then go around and weigh the one side by running the two wheels offside has got the problem solved.
thanx for the fantastic brain wave because this old codger had a brain fart.
thanx agin.
pops2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks