Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Drill,Drill,Drill.........Oil,Natural Gas, Oil Sands from Canada, Do them all, say yes to all of it, I don't understand, it's a No Brainer, we need energy to keep our economy going!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Alternate energy, electric cars, boy, I can hardly wait, wind powered motorhomes! Don't we need petroleum to make plastic pill bottles and other non essential stuff?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #31

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Made my 2012 summer travel calculations on $5.00 a gallon for gas, hope it doesn't get much higher then that.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabfado View Post
Great forum, all of you are correct. Supply and demand is what controls everything in a free market and when you mess with it, Government intervention, it will end up like all other Government inerventions, total failure......Open up ANWAR, Drill baby Drill and limit exportation and prices will drop drastically.
well said X2
Old 03-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #33

National RV Owners Club
Its funny when people say dril drill drill. We are already exporting our surplus oil. How will it lower the price when we already produce more oil then we use? The price will never come back down, oil companies make to much profit. If we use less they just produce less. Btw i would love an electric car if it had the range and price. Oil is dying, slowly. Oil companies are killing it. I may just retire onto a sailboat.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:55 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Keep in mind this guy had a "net" profit of 3.2 billion in 2011 from the refinery! now listen to this,,,,,
(look at the time on my post as I am getting ready to go to work for him, and I am greatful for the job I have, but he is making a large amount of money off us)

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/1490131638001/catsimatidis-costing-us-600m-per-day-to-go-into-libya/
Old 03-09-2012, 06:49 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggholmes View Post
Its funny when people say dril drill drill. We are already exporting our surplus oil. How will it lower the price when we already produce more oil then we use? The price will never come back down, oil companies make to much profit. If we use less they just produce less.
How on earth did we get into the position of exporting oil/gas when the costs threaten to go up enough to potentially cause a recession? Why haven't we passed a law or huge tax on exported oil that would discourage the oil companies from exporting our American oil?
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Old 03-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #36

Quote:
Its funny when people say dril drill drill. We are already exporting our surplus oil. How will it lower the price when we already produce more oil then we use? The price will never come back down, oil companies make to much profit. If we use less they just produce less. Btw i would love an electric car if it had the range and price. Oil is dying, slowly. Oil companies are killing it. I may just retire onto a sailboat.
Hello, maybe you can help me, i am confused. you say
"WE are already exporting our surplus oil".
As i understand the news"CNBC" we use 20 million brls A DAY. of which 12 million are imported, mostly from Canada and Mexico. Of the 12 MIllion about 5 million are from people that hate us and would like us to collapse.

So, how are we "exporting our surplus oil"???????

thankyou
Old 03-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #37

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Its funny when people say dril drill drill. We are already exporting our surplus oil. How will it lower the price when we already produce more oil then we use? The price will never come back down, oil companies make to much profit. If we use less they just produce less.
Exactly right (except the part about 'too much profit'). There is no way to flood the market and affect prices unless we abandon our ideals (free market, capitalist society) and allow the government to seize control of the oil industry here. The drill, drill, drill crowd doesn't/can't/won't understand the world market and the forces in play. It's not just supply/demand. There is market manipulation in play that domestic producers have no interest in overcoming.
Quote:
Btw i would love an electric car if it had the range and price.
Shai Aggasi has the right approach to electric cars. His idea is based on a subscription model, like the cell phone companies use. You get one of his inexpensive cars and subscribe to power (like minutes for cell phones). When your battery runs low, you pull in to a service station and they swap it for a fresh one in about the same time a fill-up takes for a normal car. You have a subscription, so no money changes hands at the service plaza. In essense, you don't own the batteries, only the power stored in them.

You can read more about it at his website: Better Place | The Global Provider of EV Networks and Services.

This is the sort of innovative thinking that will free us from the oil demons. The beautiful thing is, unlike hydrogen power for instance, the infrastructure is already in place; there is electricity everywhere.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
We are not exporting crude oil. We are exporting an excess of refined product.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #39

the white house keeps saying that new drilling would not come on line for 5 years. well if we dont start somewhere we will never reach that 5 year point. if we had started drilling 5 years ago they would be producing NOW. come on november
Old 03-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Keystone Pipeline

If you increase supply, via the pipeline, prices will go done.
Why would anyone block a pipeline that would reduce our dependance on Middle Eastern oil, it they didn't have ties to the Middle East? hmmm?
Old 03-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Anytime I hear something like "The TV media is bought and paid for by the oil company", I tend not to believe anything that person says. That's such an all inclusive statement, on its face, it cannot be true.

How about " A large portion of the TV media is bought and paid for by the oil companies" That's a little better but still a weak statement.

Even if the statement is true, it doesn't "Sound" true.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #42

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Force, bribe, subsidize, beg, demand, plead, threaten, etc., all big trucking companies and all Govt. big trucks to begin conversion to CNG and then pass a law that all NEW big trucks come with CNG engines. There would quickly develop a huge diesel and gasoline glut/surplus.......guess what would happen to prices?! Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Closed Thread

Tags
gas